Polar Bear for Savage Tundra

Discussion in 'Rune Ideas and Suggestions' started by JolanBol, Sep 26, 2016.

1. JolanBol

JolanBol New Member

Im new to the game, playing with Tundra as first and the biggest one I think it miss on the first sight, in tundra.

Rune Name: Polar Bear
    Faction: Savage Tundra

Race: Beast , Class: Brute, Size: 2x2, Rarity: common
    Artwork
    : A polar bear of 900kg
    Flavor-Text: ''If all inhabitant of the tundra shall die one day, the polar bear may be the last or only one to survive it.'' - Jakei Elder
    Nora Cost:

Champion Stats
    DAM:
    12, SPD: 6, RNG: 1, DEF: 1, HP: 64

Champion Abilities
    Attack: physical
    Arctic
    Enrage
    Berserker
    Ferocious Bite

Questions to Answer:
    • What makes this Rune unique and fun to use? I think the largest land carnivore of our day have his place and will make an epic battle against the grizzly.

aseryen likes this.
  2. noamkeren

noamkeren I need me some PIE!

That means he have 79 HP, he's a super good attacker and just 68 nora?

3. JolanBol

JolanBol New Member

Well like I say im new so Im not to familiar with nora cost,hp and ability so I leave some job to the developer for that. I have lot of other basic Idea for card but polar bear was the first I think because I choose tundra as first faction deck.

4. IronStylus

IronStylus I need me some PIE!

That's one of the coolest designs I've seen in a while. Better than anything I've ever posted.
    I'm just worried about enrage+ferocious bite to be a bit too strong. Well if you hit someone first, for lets say 16 dmg with berserker 2, your opponent had 11 base, then its reduced to 6. if he hits back fo 6(-def) you get enraged for +3/5 or +7 dmg, which will make him out-duel any basic attacker without defensive or stronger 1v1 abilities.

5. JolanBol

JolanBol New Member

Thank! The bear are not the most brave of the beast, maybe berserker will be good for a mother pretecting her childs. Elaswhere a normal bear will often run away and get back after he catch his breath few hours later. I think ferocious bite are a most for sure. I have thinked of territorial too as good ability for bears but only one exotic rune seem too have this, as on PoxBase site.

6. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

Really? And the 64 base HP does nothing for you? 'Cause that's what I'm worried about.

I cannot in good conscience support this unless that bear has a Coka Cola in hand.

Etherielin and IronStylus like this.
  7. IronStylus

I like the idea of having 60-65 base hp bear. Would be good to have him about 74-76 nora though. I would need to calculate how much he costs with current build. I know that in beasts he has 84 total (boost, bonus, warbanner). His offensive capabilities are just good with this combination. I don't know what to propose here, because I'm bad at balancing nora/abilities/stats so that one is a drawback and doesn't in the end come being better until I see them in game or at least rune manager.
    Coca cola skin is a must.
    Good design overall. might be too strong, but I would leave that to devs.
    @Sokolov Please make this champion. Signing petition here to have him in player made expansion. Maybe with a bit different abilities that aren't so strong in this combination, but more or less - this.
    Also, this topic made me thought of writing a new thread.

8. Bonice90

Bonice90 I need me some PIE!

theres already a polar bear, the tundra garu, rework it instead of creating this runes

9. IronStylus

[​IMG] Oh wait, there is also this. Still OP's design is really good. I don't know now. I'm lost if we need it or not. I totally forgot about this rune.