Patch Preview: On death Summon Abilities

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Sokolov, Sep 26, 2016.

1. Anima26

Anima26 I need me some PIE!

Rotwrapper going to be 82 nora if you want Weaken Spells, dont think im cool with paying that. Going to have to pass on it which is sad because its good for clumps of Zombies.

2. super71

super71 I need me some PIE!

I don't see how making less summons is a bad thing, i'd actually say pumping out summons is reducing the level of strategic play necessary in pox. Summons have always been a bit problematic, limiting them to 1 a turn is a good start. Corpse restoration going up 8 nora and losing 1 speed seems a bit much but we will see.

3. aseryen

aseryen I need me some PIE!

I'm used to Rockforgers summon which is every third turn after deploy. More recently playing with FW I've used heavy summon units and I would say that thinking of console players playing with pc players and time management in general a summon limit works to reduce any type of advantage swarming the console playerbase would have.

I like this new rework because it put summons all in line with each other. Makes it easier to reference X and Y abilities. Won't be long before there's a rune with a new 'New Growth' that summons Rockling similar to Biogenesis and Geogensis. For some reason the idea of Rocklings make me think of Mickey in the Sorcerers apprentice with all the Brooms getting the better of him. Guess that can be said for summons in general.

4. newsbuff

newsbuff Forum Royalty

these abilities should all be called Death Spawn: X or Death Summon: X

5. GemmaXylia

GemmaXylia Forum Royalty

Why is the restless souls one more expensive than the other offensive summon abilities? I'd argue it's the worst summon with short lived because it doesn't drop globes now. It's stats/abilities aren't better than the other summons either?

Could there not be a general consolidation of the stats of these summons? Like the sapling has a lot less dmg than the bat while both themes have access to stat boosts to increase damage? (Life siphon is better than opp assault imo too but I like the ability variety on the summons)

The bat is definitely still the strongest, and considering it can be triggered 4x on one death (2 queens/2 caverns) i don't know why that is.

6. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

Initiative, 1-2 RNG and highest DMG (10)

Unlike all the other ones, this one can be used immediately on spawn, usually for a spot 10 damage (which is quite powerful), and then has the possibility of double tapping next turn

7. GemmaXylia

GemmaXylia Forum Royalty

That makes sense :) thanks

8. Tweek516

Tweek516 I need me some PIE!

Im against the summons becoming carbon copies of each other - there should be some variety

9. ChiaoLung

ChiaoLung I need me some PIE!

Short lived also works nicely with Ravenwraith.

10. yobanchi

yobanchi I need me some PIE!

They're being changed to summons so not working with Ravenwraith anymore

11. ChiaoLung

ChiaoLung I need me some PIE!

Yeah, I know. Not very happy about that, but I understand the reasoning.

12. Xirone

Xirone I need me some PIE!

This does make sense. Some type of unified name would be a good thing.

Etherielin, yobanchi and newsbuff like this.
  13. themacca

themacca Master of Challenges

Death spawn already exists

14. NiGhtMaRiK

NiGhtMaRiK I need me some PIE!

Being that I only ran Magistrate because the units weren't summoned and because the spawns had Hex, he's pretty much dead to ....wait..he was already dead.. You know what I mean!
    His synergy with Rotwrapper, albeit OP i suppose, it was marvelous.
    More to point, Hex on Revenants was ultimately one of the redeeming factors and very useful. The fact that that is also getting stripped.
    Then with Magistrate taking that hit from the FW sweep and Disease change.
    I really have no use for him anymore.

Rotwrapper was inevitable.
    I don't have much to say about this, although I feel the nerf may be a little much and the way to fix it people don't like...moving into my next point

Maljara brought charges
    We still have charges
    People don't like charges
    Charges rarely get made, aren't used on many old runes, got reworked, and can't be manipulated outside of spells anymore

I dont really understand the charge hate and I feel it is a champion for situations like this

If Rotwrapper had charges and Corpse Restoration subtracted 2 charges per proc or something. That would limit the amount he can have in a turn while not hard capping it and keeping him interesting.
    Not to mention letting charge counter spells some use to combat him.

I dunno, wasted potential in my opinion
    I'll just its assume its hard to code because they are very useful and bring a variety of interesting interactions to abilities and gameplay

15. super71

super71 I need me some PIE!

I understand the nerf in magistrate, however I don't know why we need things the way we do. We're gonna remove hex and remove them wing real units ? Why not remove one or the other and go from there ?

16. davre

davre The Benevolent Technofascist

Death watch fits and sounds cool.

Tweek516 likes this.
  17. serxic

serxic I need me some PIE!

Other FW NERF again.

the rotwrapper zombie i have not seen in THE LAST MONTH!!, THE ZOMBIES DECKS IN THE LAST 1.5 MONTHS after nerf in zombie herder.

18. Anima26

Anima26 I need me some PIE!

Theyre still good.

19. serxic

serxic I need me some PIE!

add more charges skills in champions, is a nice idea of Nightmarik,

"Having to deal with Spirit of the Mountain is nothing compared to duskdevil + temple of brutality, zeventrek superchamp decks, kthun/furball mother summonspam, hurler chasms, release imp deceiver, AP lock, and decks filled with rush tanks that each needed specialized and conflicting responses to kill."
    Remember this era, UD got good stuff "goblin spellkaiser, etc", but the nefari caverunners nerfs was too troll , while wizards of ways and the dewarf miner with insane mobility was untouched.

Then in this era is FW the porky of hater people, believe a nerf to FW, what worms, what lichs, spirits, what reapers blade, come guys!!! WE DONT HAVE BOON OF UNDEAD ANYOMORE, FW CHAMPIONS STILL WEAK IN his original form, each champion is similar a Moga without ghern.

COME ON!!! THIS FACTION IS OF DEATH...... and the people worry for the summons in death? SERIOUS?

20. OriginalG1

OriginalG1 I need me some PIE!

This patch preview succeeds in unifying an ability. Distributing the same function and mechanics among the champs that passively apply the ability.