Bug Compilation Thread

Discussion in 'Bug Reporting' started by KTCAOP, Mar 8, 2014.

1. Fikule

Fikule I need me some PIE!

Defensive Strike has no attack animation or sound. Just deals the damage.

Cast: Despoil doesn't seem to have any sound or animation.

I assume this is probably true for a lot more abilities. Do Aura's have animations and sounds again yet?

Also, old bug (in my opinion here). Boost abilities re-applying when they don't need too.
    i.e. Two skeletons with boost abilities and a third skeleton. One boost skeleton within range of the normal skeleton. Other boost skeleton enters range of normal skeleton. Normal skeleton loses 6 hp and gains it again from boost being re-applied.
    note: won't kill the champion, just pointless display information.

2. Senshu

Senshu Administrator Octopi

This was really wonkey to test, but it has been noted, thanks.

3. Senshu

Defensive Strike seems to be triggering the basic attack animation when a champ moves into range. What champion were you using?

Not everything has an animation/effect or sound associated with it, but every so often there are some who probably should Cast: Despoil is probably one of those.

The boost situation doesn't seem as much like a bug than just how the game handle multiple instances of the same buff that does not stack. That isn't to say it can't be cleaned up in the future.

4. Fikule

Fikule I need me some PIE!

I was using the Elven Prodigy.

So Auras (fire, disease, etc) have animations and sounds again yet? These were removed at some point by accident and never re-added.

Although, another nice thing would be if Aura animations did not have to finish before moving on. So annoying waiting for 10 auras to happen (Especially since it uses game time)

5. sunandshadow

sunandshadow New Member

I was playing Beginner Protectorate Battles #4 Savage Tundra on Legendary difficulty, using the public deck Grimlic's legion. The bot summoned a Frost Giant and brought it over to attack my Shrine. At this point the Frost Giant appeared to walk off the right edge of the screen. I tried casting Superiority, and the animation for Superiority hitting the Frost Giant appeared half off the right side of the screen. However the game still apparently thought it was near the middle of the screen. Some of my units got stuck against it, but I could not make it become visible by attempting to walk into it. I did manage to hit the Frost Giant with a Fire Blast by targeting the apparently empty ground my unit was stuck against. Then the Frost Giant died and I won the game, so I couldn't play with it further.

I've beaten this battle several times on legendary difficulty and not seen the Frost Giant behave strangely, but I don't usually use Grimlic's legion.

6. bluestun

bluestun Member

I was playing map #5 of the maljaran frontier pt 2 campaign and noticed that there is a specific chat section that repeats every turn when it obviously shouldnt.
    "Al'Mara guide me. That one still has its wounds.
    This isn't Elsari work, is it?
    Necromancy. It seems there are natives that know magic we may have more to worry about than these savages"

7. Senshu

Hmm, well that is definitely some story for the forums, but until we have a way to reproduce these results or results similar there is not much that can be done a the moment. Maybe the game is becoming self aware, and rather than destroy humanity it just want's to mess with people? Sounds like a Terminator satire.

8. sunandshadow

sunandshadow New Member

Lol. It's not a particularly important bug, though it is interesting if no one ever reported a unit leaving the field before. I felt like playing with it some more, I went through this particular battle twice more with Grimlic's Legion. While I did not get any units to walk off the side of the field, I did see the Frost Giant and the Arcadon standing on top of each other for the second half of one of the bot's turns - then when my turn started the Arcadon graphic slid over about 5 spaces diagonally, which I guess was where it was actually supposed to be.

There are a few abilities in this battle that I think might be might be related to misplaced units and/or graphics. The Frost Giant and the Jakei Bruiser both have a knockback ability, The Succubus has Fascinate, which pulls opponent units toward it, and the bot's deck has one or two Retrieve runes which the AI has no clue how to use effectively. (It keeps retrieving a unit which then walks right back to where it was retrieved from.)

9. Agirgis1

Agirgis1 Forum Royalty

Minotaur insurgent combat awareness is somewhat bugged... he takes damage from mines deployed from minefield, he also takes aura damage off champions that are inflamed ( after a flamethrower for example)

10. dooiefries

dooiefries The King of Potatoes

When clicking on the first daily skirmish the game freezes. I can still collapse/expand the sections on the launchpad are, but thats about it.

Same effect when clicking on a Faction Walkthrough

Also the campaigns dont start for me. I can go back out of the 'start campaign' screen to the overview page, but this overview page is then blank.

Last edited: Apr 17, 2014
  11. Senshu

This sounds like your files may have been corrupted try the Troubleshooting Tip#2 http://forums.poxnora.desertowlgames.com/index.php?threads/pc-troubleshooting.1487/

12. Tarabostes

Tarabostes I need me some PIE!

I had Dark Pact (from Demonologist) on one of my champs and the opponent casted Vertical Push on it. The closest enemy champ was a flyer so the effect should've fizzled. Instead my guy was affected by the spell.

13. Greysands22

Greysands22 I need me some PIE!

Just encountered an issue with hyaenid spiritspeaker and voil kings crypt.

The bats have evasive 1 one base. Hyaenid with shroud upgraded gives them evasive 3. But after the bats moved out of the effect of shroud they are keeping evasive 3 permanently.

14. sunandshadow

sunandshadow New Member

Is it considered a known bug that some campaigns have the AI summoning champions that immediately die? For example in today's first skirmish, "Marshland Protectors", Kartch, Finlord dies upon being summoned, with the reason given that he's a hero and requires a single-faction battlegroup. And "Beginner Protectorate Battles: Intro To Ironfist Stronghold" regularly kills ground units with the cliff edge that the shrine is up against.

15. Currahee

Currahee The King of Potatoes

Long time Pox fan here. My girl and I both noticed something while playing some campaigns and I can't find anyone else talking about it. Apologies if this has been covered somewhere else.

Once you contest or take all fonts on the map, the AI seems to retreat to their stronghold and do nothing. They continue to put out new champions, and some turns some the champions seem to move around but they no longer use abilities or even attack. I've let this run for turns and turns and they'll put out dozens of champions, but they won't attack at all. We're not sure if it's a bug or not, but we think it definitely needs fixed as it makes the campaigns VERY boring at that point.

16. sunandshadow

sunandshadow New Member

I've seen this happen - sometimes the AI decides to just give up and go home, even when it still has a chance of retaking a font.

17. Apostate

Apostate I need me some PIE!

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Statue of Xulos doesn't seem to be adding health to Xulos. I tested this in a campaign mission. Xulos had 48 base health + 5 from warbanner putting him at 53. The Statue seemed to add to his damage, but not his health.

18. Senshu

I looked into this and it seems to be working right. Are you certain the champion who Vertical Push was used on still had Dark Pact active, and that the opponent didn't dispel or cast a spell prior to using Vertical Push? Dark Pact only protects against one spell.

19. Senshu

Good catch.

20. Tarabostes

Tarabostes I need me some PIE!

Yes, Dark Pact activated, shrine took damage and after that my champ was affected by VP. If it's worth mentioning, my champ was Goblin Spellkaiser and the closest opponent was either Voil Jester or Voil Sorcerer. And opponent used only one spell that turn.