Help creating an archer only bg

Discussion in 'K'Thir Forest' started by super71, Apr 22, 2014.

1. super71

super71 I need me some PIE!

Just looking for ideas on an archer only build runes aren't an issue. I've tried this a few times before never seems to work to good though any tips, tricks or bg builds would be great thanks.

2. GabrielQ

GabrielQ I need me some PIE!

an archer only bg isn't viable, the closer you'll get to it is running UD/KF bg with ash's spawns and bok raiders for melee, but if you are adamant on "archer only" that would be cheating aswell IMO, so it would better if you simply accepted that you need to run out of theme runes to make the theme viable.
    You can't go Agincourt-mode in every battle.

3. dsjtheman

dsjtheman I need me some PIE!

you could do an archer/ranger mix bg. the rangers can fill the melee void youd have in a full archer bg. vashal ranger offers lots of meat, detection, and shatter.

4. super71

Yeah i kinda knew that just was curious if anyone else came up with one and it worked for them i guess i'll try an archer/ranger build again thanks.

5. RedDain

RedDain I need me some PIE!

If you truly go Archer only, you'll need several forms of on-demand melee damage: Ancestral Anger, Oaken Mace are good for active damage (Elite Blade won't work, because nothing's more than 90 nora); Oaken Shield and Damage Shield: Magical (from the trading post) are decent passive melee damage.

It's not a very viable build, sorry to say.

6. uaChakra

uaChakra Member

You can try archer/elf BG ud/kf. Ud have some good elf that can be buffed by bard and elf commander. I'm currently using BG like this and preety successful.

7. Faust

Faust Devotee of the Blood Owl

u mind posting ur BG's SS ?

8. uaChakra

uaChakra Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    split deck need some modification but even with that deck i play with top 100 players and have 50+% winrate.
    Today i make a FF KF deck and its very cool , because of 1 spd bonus + warbanner + motivate + commander elf + commander archer +2dmg from bard. Garu den mother is good because its 2 units with invis and singer can do horn of Kthir to increase dmg. Horn of order work preety good on bard.
    But in split i love phase spiders and demon lich you can cocon + cleansing flame. And tinder box on phase spider is preety anoying if enemy doesnt have magic dmg. And spider is good with echoes.

9. dsjtheman

dsjtheman I need me some PIE!

if its an archer theme, you need at least 1x fire for effect... its very good.

Xirone likes this.
  10. Xirone

Xirone I need me some PIE!

You'll really need a few good tanks, which Archers obviously don't have, to act as a roadblock and soak up damage. Fairy Trickster, who is also not an Archer, is useful for getting rid of Arrow Eater champs. I full Archer BG will have many holes but a deck heavy with Archers could do well (IS and UD being notably difficult match-ups).

11. super71

Yeah i could make something like the second bg but i don't run free meat ever haha but thanks for the help, and im trying to make it a full kthir bg.

12. samomo

samomo New Member

http://poxbase.com/#!/deck/cqmcd-co...cyOs7Ls3qs5Ys6Ps5Ws6gs6BsLr2or3nr3frUeWe2we1N
    This is my exact archer deck except without arrowsinger. I replace arrow singer with jester for team-wide mobility buff. Basically a lot of cheap but hard hitting units, that can bypass armor with barrage/tracker/and sunder. The main problems of archers is that they rely on positioning so you have to include some kind of movement deplacement for both your opponents and yourself. I find jester really useful to escape from melee units (mainly because people don't expect it) but you can use marker and vortex instead. Garu medium and taskmaster are the only melee champions mainly because garu medium is tank/font contester + cause your archers to do melee dmg and task master can bind. Rascal for stun agaisnt elusive or other annoying champs.

This build has been pretty successful for me in ranked about half a year ago. Of course times have changed but it still works. The main problem however is that this deck is really hard to predict draws and there is a lack of healing. If you get good draws then you will dominate your opponent through cheap units that hit like bricks but this deck's efficiency in nora cost only comes out after certain key champs come out. Anyways this was my purest kf only archer deck and I have since tweaked it a bit to add some more tanks but hopefully this was insightful.

Side note: poxrenovator + bulleyes will almost always guarantee 40 dmg or more and even though its a ranger, that sheer dmg alone might be worth considering in your archer deck

13. Lord Kinjo

Lord Kinjo New Member

I ran an Archer only deck not too long ago. Though time seems different to me now, so it might have been a year ago for all I know. It was not viable, but I was able to do some very fun things with it. I got up to high Exo ranking with it, but I would drop again. The funnest part was catching some good players off guard. Here are some absolute essentials. Remember to keep it cheap.

E. Archer x 2
    A. Cmmdr. x 2
    Bowmage x 2
    Tracker x 2 (These gals are awesome with Deep Wounds plus Ancestral Anger! Hello, didn't you see me there? No? RIP.)

Fire for Effext x 2
    Ancestral Anger x 2
    Treefolk Blessing (duh)
    Bullseye
    Oaken Mace x 2

I also ran a Boa...so I guess it's not entirely Archers. But that was my only other rune. Too useful in that BG to even consider removing.

Some other fun stuff in there was Centaur Archers, Light of the Circle, Harbies, and a Centaur Savage. I did run an Arrowsinger but not 2. Also, consider a Frostcall Quiver for alt damage type. And strongly consider Oak Seeds and Prodigies.

But if you expect to win all the time....be prepared to be let down. If you want to lose a bunch in a row, then surprise the hell out of someone....do it.

14. Zociel

Zociel The King of Potatoes

15. super71

I ran this an archer/ranger bg but it just wa snot consistent at all. It pretty much depended on whether i drew enforcers or not early, if i didn't it was hard to keep my opponents far enough away to stack up my archer's. On bigger maps it was alot easier with kthir being fast i could snipe and run, however on small maps the weaknesses were easily seen by a good player. All in all a decent bg if you don't mind losing.