Crystaline and Nora Gem

Discussion in 'Savage Tundra' started by darklord48, Apr 3, 2014.

1. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

Are the Crystaline champions viable for a deck theme? Perhaps not for multiplayer, but at least for single? I didn't realize that mechanic existed until last night. I'm not normally an ST player, but I think it would be fun to try. Has anyone else done it, did it work well, any advice on a deck? I would just be looking at commons, uncommons, and rares to start.

2. qsupreme2

qsupreme2 Member

I have actually found them to be pretty competitive in multiplayer even though I don't have all the necessary runes and the Crystal Wolverine is definitely a big asset for these decks. They are better on the defensive and shine in the mid-game, and can deal with a rush early on pretty well. I have found that most of my wins with them are from opponents not understanding the nora gem mechanism or underestimating it.

The Crystal Dragon and/or Fascinating Sapphire having fascinate (and therefore all your other champs) really just destroys the opponents chance to set up the next turn and surprisingly often kills champs with chasms or in coordination with deafening aura. Here is mine, and I would also like some advice on it, but it has been pretty solid so far.

http://poxbase.com/#!/deck/CfjcjvCfkcfzc24CflchdCpdc79ctjconcjzs7@s19s5uS2Ls3bs13s6ds49sNr2TrIeHe2X

Goyo likes this.
  3. TheNidhogg

TheNidhogg I need me some PIE!

Goyo likes this.
  4. GabrielQ

GabrielQ I need me some PIE!

Goyo likes this.
  5. Goyo

Goyo I need me some PIE!

I just read from experienced players that this is viable, specially with Frostafall Vanguard because she's Beast / Jakei
    Hey Gabriel :)

Which upgrades on Patrol?

6. GabrielQ

Accrue and detection are auto.

Goyo likes this.
  7. LoganMkv

LoganMkv I need me some PIE!

I really like soulpainter in crystalls.
    With guide it's not a problem to clone a good champ, and illusions can trigger gems in tough situations.
    Also champs with knockback/gale are really good when you have deaf aura.
    If you split with FW you are getting thralls which are amazing in such bg and a jasper.

8. Authyrtyr

Authyrtyr The King of Potatoes

Howler + Dragon = Death Trap
    Trigger fascinate on all champs in your phalanx, each one triggering deafening aura dealing upwards of 100 sonic damage if you have enough champs. I've found this strategy competitive in the past.

9. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

I'm trying it with Unstable Tiger's Eye for the same reason. Between the sonic damage and the unstable terrain, it is much easier to get damage done. I just use the IceCaster to reclaim it before I move my champs.

10. Authyrtyr

Tiger Eye isn't really necessary to kill things and also hurts your own champs, the sonic is more than necessary to kill almost any champ in the game (excluding resilient)

11. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

Sure, but why just get the sonic damage when you can get both?

12. Authyrtyr

Because Tiger Eye also damages your champions (except Dragon and Phoenix of course)

13. rickyjpen

rickyjpen Devotee of the Blood Owl

They are good. Their only drawback is that they are extremely susceptible to rush BG's (Current Meta). But when you can build them up and run all the damaging nora gems like the distracting aura one, eviscerating aura one, along with fascinating aura one. The damages add up ALOT. Very good build-up style BG. I would run them with the Kas module since kas are excremental in the early stages and can give you a slight rush counter with their play style.

KingJad likes this.
  14. KingJad

KingJad I need me some PIE!

I agree Kas are able to last a lot longer than other ST champs mainly because of nohkan do and they are really efficient to run you could even possibly cast imbue luminescence on one of them more bang for your buck. Crystals are a great theme in general without kas and are always fun for me to play

rickyjpen likes this.
  15. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

16. KingJad

17. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

I thought 15 was what pretty much everyone was running. There is a 2.6% chance you don't get a champ. Also I'm using it for PvE, so there isn't as much of a rush.

18. GabrielQ

15 is pretty risky already, but you are running 2 crystal phoenixs also, that would make it 13, also, why would somebody would want to run 2x crystal phoenix? it has immortality.

KingJad likes this.
  19. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

I don't have any of the other crystal champs, and they still become nora gems in the presence of Jakei, which maximizing nora gems is the point of the deck. I suppose I could replace them with Crystal Golems.

20. KingJad

Also the jakei you selected don't have much durability yes they are cheap but to maintain your luminescence you want long lasting jakei that won't die if your opponent targets them ie kas