After hitting play, only white screen with Poxnora cursor appears

Discussion in 'Tech Support' started by FBeye, Mar 27, 2014.

1. FBeye

FBeye New Member

Title says it all really. After I hit the play button in the launcher, the Poxnora letters appear again and it goes into a windowed white screen, with the only the Poxnora cursor visible.

I'm running Windows 8.1, if that has anything to do with it?

I have tried:
    • Restarting the launcher
    • Repairing the launcher
    • Deleting and Reinstalling Poxnora
    • Rebooting my computer
    • Disabling my firewall
    • Waiting for an hour in the white screen
    • Sacrificing virgins to the Lag God
    Can I get some help with this please? I came back to Poxnora once I learned that it was under new management, and I'd love to finally play the game again.
    poxnorawhitescreenofDEAAAAAAAAAATH.png

2. KTCAOP

KTCAOP I need me some PIE!

Had you been able to play using the new client previously and did the latest update kill it?

Or was this your first time trying to open the new client?

3. FBeye

FBeye New Member

First time trying to play the new client. Sorry for delay in response I was away.
    I installed the client onto my home desktop and it works fine, its just on my newer laptop that it refuses to work.

4. GabrielQ

GabrielQ I need me some PIE!

Do you have your video drivers up to date?

5. FBeye

FBeye New Member

Yup! I updated them when I was looking for solutions before coming to the forums.

6. Gedden

Gedden Administrator Octopi

This appears to be a graphical rendering issue, unrelated to the launcher. In fact, this looks exactly like a driver problem we had recently with nVidia.

You may want to try running pox nora as an administrator (right click, run as administrator), but I am not very hopeful that will solve your problem.

You said you were running on windows 8.1. Could you tell me what video card is in that laptop, and what driver you are currently using?

7. FBeye

FBeye New Member

Nvidia GeForce GTX 765M
    GeForce 335.23 Driver
    I tried running administrator before it didn't work.

8. Senshu

Senshu Administrator Octopi

How much Ram/System memory does your computer have?

9. brodudeman

brodudeman New Member

I am also having this problem. As my computer is new, I don't think RAM is the problem.

10. Senshu

You are having the white screen problem? Has that always happened since the transition or is it just recently? What operating system are you using? Have you tried all the troubleshooting tips on the top of the Tech Support forum?

11. brodudeman

brodudeman New Member

I played the game just fine, if a little slowly, on my laptop before. Got this new computer late last year, so I don't know if it is due to the transition or what not. I am still able to run the game on my laptop, so this isn't a huge problem for me.

12. Senshu

That is good it isn't a huge problem, but we would still like to resolve this problem in the event other players run into this.

What are your computer's spec OS, etc.? Are your video drivers up to date? It is important you are using the newest version of drivers, so make sure you go the the Nvidia or ATI website for the newest drivers. Also, have you followed our troubleshooting tips? Using repair and/or uninstalling and deleting the Pox Folder?

13. brodudeman

brodudeman New Member

running windows 8 with an Nvidia GeForce GTX 650 graphics card. Haven't tried redownloading drivers but I will. The PC troubleshooting tips did not work for me.

14. brodudeman

brodudeman New Member

Updating drivers seemed to work, thanks!

15. Senshu

Great to hear.

16. D0rg0n

D0rg0n New Member

Hi! I'm having the same problem.
    I have a Nvidia Gt 630 - Driver GeForce 331.58
    My computer has 4Gb of Ram but it still runs Windows Xp. Could that be the problem?

17. GabrielQ

GabrielQ I need me some PIE!

you need a newer driver, that's the problem:
    http://www.geforce.com/drivers/results/74421 (32 bit, US english)

D0rg0n likes this.
  18. D0rg0n

D0rg0n New Member

Thanks man! It works!
    I even had the Nvidia Experience program that told me that there were no new updates for it..but nope!
    Thanks again :D

19. Senshu

Yeah, sometimes the video card auto updaters do not detect the newest driver version. It is always wise to check the version number on the official site if your auto updater hasn't downloaded something in recent months.