LEs no longer in circulation

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by MEATMAN, Oct 14, 2016.

?

Should LEs in abandoned accounts be removed/copied and distributed in events.

1. Yes

13.9%
  2. No

61.1%
  3. why don't we have naming tokens yet?

25.0%
  1. MEATMAN

MEATMAN Forum Royalty

So I was thinking about how over the course of poxs lifespan, players have come and gone. All those runes that were collected by them just for them to leave and not show back up again. Sure some of the players come back, but what about the majority who forgot about pox?

What happened to all those LE runes that can now no longer be accessed to the current generation of players both new and old? What if there was a way to either A: take the runes from the accounts and then distribute them among players currently playing. Or B: Make new copies and do the same thing.

I understand option A sounds kinda like BS but if the players haven't been active for at least a year it's not like it's hurting them if they don't come back anyways. Option B could bring less value to them all aswell.

What's the general poll on this? Should LEs on dead accounts be looked into and then someway get more flow into the population or should collectors suck it up and see the blanks not filled in on the checklist? Are there even few enough in circulation for this to even matter?

2. damnfoolishyeti

damnfoolishyeti I need me some PIE!

Maybe wait until it's more relevant? such as a retained player base from the new release . once people can't even pay for desired runes then maybe developers can host an interactive live event and gift a player with a copy or whatever m?

IMAGIRL and Etherielin like this.
  3. JellyBerry

JellyBerry Forum Royalty

Why does this thread treat runes as if they were not virtual and therefore need to be removed from one place to be put in another?

Pedeguerra, Qucas, Pattn199 and 3 others like this.
  4. Etherielin

Etherielin The Floof Cultist

Because "Muh overemphasis on T of TCG".

aseryen likes this.
  5. MEATMAN

MEATMAN Forum Royalty

welp, already I can see that this was a dumb idea

I can accept this.

Qucas, SPiEkY and kalasle like this.
  6. dsjtheman

dsjtheman I need me some PIE!

Im holding onto my Fan Faire forever

7. themacca

themacca Master of Challenges

Its just the issue of taking somebody elses property.

Qucas, bambino and SPiEkY like this.
  8. MEATMAN

MEATMAN Forum Royalty

I can understand this reasoning just fine, believe me.

Which is why I added in option B to simply copy the runes and scatter those about but it will decrease value if returning players come back.

9. DiCEM0nEY

DiCEM0nEY I need me some PIE!

IMO, limited runes should be winnable in tournaments. Hard to get, but not impossible.

jeeperz2 likes this.
  10. themacca

Tried that didn't go well

Anima26, jeeperz2, Qucas and 2 others like this.
  11. bambino

bambino I need me some PIE!

heh it didnt go well,, not at all..

12. NevrGonaGivUup

NevrGonaGivUup I need me some PIE!

Theoretically, with a larger player base we could have nice tournament prizes again. Farming the tourneys with alts worked best when the tournament lobby was empty of regular players.

I could see fan faire being a prize for an 8-player tourney, or as a reward for multiple tourney wins, assuming that there's a healthy amount of competition for them.

13. Ralphen

Ralphen I need me some PIE!

Tickets needs to be back first...

14. phdstax

phdstax Active Member

Except the state always takes property when someone is dead.

15. themacca

The dead can't come back to life and claim owned property was removed creating a massive legal problem

16. davre

davre The Benevolent Technofascist

Actually if you go to the very bottom of the pox website you will find that the game's terms of service does contain the standard disclaimer that we don't actually own these runes. IANAL so I don't know if these terms have ever been disputed in courts but we have all clicked "I agree" to those terms.

17. phdstax

phdstax Active Member

It is time for the great Pox Purge. RIP!

18. Agirgis1

Agirgis1 Forum Royalty

Contracts with anyone under 18 are unenforceable, contracts that are illegal at making are void, and due to the legal stance on equity ( legal word for fairness) you could easily argue since you paid, you do indeed own them

Yes, i did enjoy my Business law courses, and can pretend to be knowledgable now.

Qucas, Etherielin and themacca like this.
  19. Boozha

Boozha I need me some PIE!

That's not an issue at all. The issue is taking it unnecessarily

20. Firk

Firk I need me some PIE!

If you allow Lims to be redistributed for free or again. Not only would you rob those who actually payed for there Lims of what they got. You would make sure Poxnora would never be able to sell a Lim again as long as it lived