Lightning Elemental?

Discussion in 'Shattered Peaks' started by Hekau718, Apr 15, 2014.

1. Hekau718

Hekau718 I need me some PIE!

So I've been messing around with electricity ( a split with FS), and everywhere I look, people have two Elementals included. I just can't see what's so good about them. Extremely expensive, low damage and mediocre survivability.. is there something I'm missing? I find them grossly overcosted for what they do, but maybe I'm playing him completely wrong.
    Feedback appreciated!

2. JazzMan1221

JazzMan1221 Better-Known Member

They're much better in FF SP, where they can get the full nora refund from the bonus. Deflect, Evasive 3, Elemental Fortitude, and Electric Eater is hardly mediocre survivability. You also have to consider that Aura 3 adds +6 damage per round, which could potentially hit other opposing units as well, heal your Electric Eaters, counter Perseverance, etc. When working with Bolt champs, you have to properly gauge the strength of the opposing front; sending Lightning Ele into the middle of 3 melee champs will certainly result in its death. On the other hand, using Bolt to navigate terrain, pass over opposing tanks to get at the squishy back line, jump into fonts for contesting, and other such uses make Lightning Ele very useful.

rickyjpen and Kimiz like this.
  3. Kimiz

Kimiz Active Member

He has a bit of everything, good surviability (Evasive 3 and Deflect coupled with his mobility offers a good defense against pretty much everything if you play him well *see Jazzman's post*), decent dmg output (aura), and excellent mobility with Bolt and Mobility. He is one of the best early font contestors I know. Especially good against FS and FW because of resistance to disease, poison and psychic, fearless, iron will and the inability to be drowned.

His only issue that puts him at the border of competitiveness is the cost. He should lose like 6 to 9 nora to be on par with the current standard of effectiveness. Let's hope that after the revamp he will get all the glory he deserves.

Last edited: Apr 15, 2014
  4. Hekau718

Hekau718 I need me some PIE!

Got it. Thanks for the feedback!

5. allyorbase

allyorbase I need me some PIE!

Like Kimiz said: the L-Ele is a bit of a swiss-army-champ. He is built sturdily and has a ton of movement capacity. His offense is actually a lot more dangerous than you think, too. Electricity Aura 3 and Deflect, together, is big. Even after the mechanics for Bolt were changed, Ol' Sok is still great on him, because of Mobility, his high SPD, and Deflect. You can easily attack, cloud the area, then retreat 3 spaces or so against melee or stay where you are vs. shooters.

Bolt, also, is an AMAZING ability for harassing ranged champs (see: too much %@$&ing fun). If you're up against Wizards or Archers, sit back and have a good chuckle while you move up to 6 spaces for free every time you attack their shooters. He's expensive, but with the FF SP bonus, his cost is palatable enough to forgive his price.

He could easily get away with costing 79 by today's standards.

6. rickyjpen

rickyjpen Devotee of the Blood Owl

I find him extremely costly as well. But when you run him correctly he is quite the fine little instrument.

7. allyorbase

Woah. Was playing around with him and Ol' Sok appears to have reverted to its previous, amazing functionality re: Bolt. Can it be so? Does Sok really trigger from the square he lands on instead of where he is at time of attack??

If so, I don't know why every SP goodstuff player isn't running at least one elemental with an Ol' Sok.

PS: Hyaenid Stalker + Ol' Sok is also a hoot.

8. Vorian

Vorian I need me some PIE!

Hyaenid Stalker is top meta without it. Scrapper, assassinate and hit and run.

9. Poxineer

Poxineer The King of Potatoes

and thatz the problem with ZP itz dependency. u need to put 4 cardz together juzt to reach equilibrium with the abilitiez of x1 IZ or ZT champ

10. allyorbase

Okay, I'll bite: what's with the Zs?

But you are right: SP is a gimmick faction; it has been since forever. Wish it weren't so sometimes, but the upside is that it can be very gratifying and entertaining to play with.

11. Poxineer

makez me wounder y the guyz ztill wont try and make the game a bit more player friendly

12. Paper Skull

Paper Skull I need me some PIE!

You know what would make things really accessible would be changing all of the "s" in the game to be "z". <3

13. Poxineer

wanna get off topic therez a forum 4 that

Last edited: Apr 23, 2014