The days of old...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ZexuZai, Mar 6, 2014.

1. ZexuZai

ZexuZai Well-Known Member

This all reminds me of when I joined back near the beginning of the game. Very few thoughts warm my heart like some of the matches and new champions I had during that time. To see this go into the hands of those people that brought me that joy makes me very happy.

I'd like this thread to host stories from people that were around then. Or any stories from anyone that they feel is worth sharing that effected them in some way.

To start it off: I remember when Kartch just came out, was just an exotic, you could have two of him, and he was probably the most expensive rune during that time. He was hard to come by, hard to beat in game, and made me face desk every time I faced him. I wanted one so bad, I had to have one. I finally did get my hands on one. That made me so happy. Very few runes up to date ever made me feel the joy I felt when I got that specific champion. During those days, the game was very new, intriguing and everything was exciting to me. I was actually sad when Octopi handed over the reigns.

Now I feel like I did back then, but this time for how the game shall turn out, once again in the hands of the people that wowed me. I hope people have stories that are just as cool.

By the way... Hello to all my poxnora friends.

Isendel likes this.
  2. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

Acid Elemental used to have 28 defense and just tank stuff up.

3. ZexuZai

ZexuZai Well-Known Member

Haha, I remember that! Good times.

4. Aleswick

Aleswick Member

I liked it when your champion upgrades were optional. Then if you added an upgrade, the nora cost went up. You had to weigh out the pro's and con's.

katanafish, soulmilk and sassquatch like this.
  5. RedDain

RedDain I need me some PIE!

I remember circus... Centaur Archer, Scimitar of the Deep, and Rejuvenating Fountain = gg.

6. Isendel

Isendel The King of Potatoes

I started to play when RE was just released. OMG all wanted one and I simply get it in my first pack ;)

7. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

Voil Stormflyers aura proccing on own champs on release.

8. triarii

triarii New Member

Custom maps... I remember some kid had one set on the FW circle, 10 rune reveals, and all the nora, and he would power out centaur archers and just destroy your shrine. It was unbeatable. and 20 size decks. Lol.

9. Kampel

Kampel I need me some PIE!

Diamondhide basilisk at 32 def

10. Silveraine

Silveraine I need me some PIE!

Sheoul Demon was the boss! I remember a game in which he defeated the opponent single handed! With help from mindslicer obelisk..

I kinda miss my old friends too T.T
    po8, typhrrex, deadwalks (this guy gave me my first warbanner), godsturtle, lentron, splitsoul, megesa, cerdi, themacca, khellesh, eKat (though i heard he returned), noblesage, faust001, playcasual.. I'm missing one person who taught me the game, but I just can't seem to remember his name. :(

11. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

faust still played some time ago, eKat is playing league but might return if we pressure him

#DB+Quickening in the same turn. The days

12. Chris

Chris I need me some PIE!

finlords with mirror. I was one of the only people playing split decks in circus days. then they made everyone play splits or ff xD

13. Morfeas

Morfeas I need me some PIE!

I have come far to see this shattered kingdom. I am the only survivor of the Old Kingdom and I have a story to tell. Sit, and listen. - Zeventrech, sole survivor of the Cyclops Empire

idk why but this always gets to me T_T

soulmilk likes this.
  14. Lord Kinjo

Lord Kinjo New Member

I remember when Sycthebill was actually a playable rune. And JFQ was total range pwnage.

15. sassquatch

sassquatch I need me some PIE!

i do kinda miss the old catapault conga line! launch your back row DKing 3-4 times to get him to the front line to proc a warcry and then watch their ranks crumble was always fun.

16. Axeraiser

Axeraiser I need me some PIE!

Circus days with stone shrine. Deploy Lonx Ambusher, stealth, make towards enemy shrine. Save nora, get in spell presence range, Dark Rising + Draconic Benediction + Mobi + Quickeneing , gg.

When everyone ran 2x Lich Kings, 2x Finlords, 2x Dwarven Kings and smashed faces.

Drowning Shrines.

Imp + Helm of Chaos shrine rush when basically no faction had anti equip.

When LE Avenging Angel sold for 1000 $ and Harbs were 300-500 $ a pop.

The wars between Ironfist and Sundered Lands ( so many fun back in the day)

Many many other memorable things over the years god damn.

SIde note, tomorrow will mark 7 years of my time with this beautiful game, from the age of 14 I have grown up with this game and loved every minute of it.

17. Gedden

Gedden Administrator Octopi

18. RedDain

RedDain I need me some PIE!

19. Morfeas

20. Morfeas