Vothsair Reaver vs Ireguard

Discussion in 'Underdepths' started by tesla pasta, Oct 20, 2016.

1. tesla pasta

tesla pasta Member

Right now my main BG has 1 Reaver and 1 Ireguard in it. Both have worked out pretty well so far, but I'm curious what more experience UD players think about these big baddies. Is one better than the other? Is it fine to just run 1 of each? What are the best upgrades on Reaver? Are there other high damage champs I should consider instead (DE fanatic, Angel of Pain...)?

Ireguard- 7 speed and multiattack means he gets in faster and hits harder, and fury can quickly get him to 20+ damage per hit. Ireguard definitely wins on pure damage.

Reaver- 3 Def/52 HP is tough to kill, and perserverance works amazingly with sacrifice and retribution. He also can be run much cheaper. It's worth noting that I'm doing a SP/UD split with enough healing to keep him alive and in Bloodfrenzy HP range, so Reaver can still bring a lot of damage.

List for reference (missing 1 paper wings), apologies for posting a filthy split BG in the UD forums ;)

2. SPiEkY

SPiEkY King of Jesters

I run one of each, but if I were to swap one out for a second of the other, I'd be rolling with double Reavers, for sure. I like him with the 77 Nora pseudo-ranged build.

3. badgerale

badgerale Warchief of Wrath

They are pretty different champs - Reaver is more defensive and Ireguard is all out on the offense.

SPiEkY likes this.
  4. themacca

themacca Master of Challenges

Reaver is a pretty awesome tank with hold the line, ireguards just too easy to kill for me

5. Fentum

Fentum I need me some PIE!

Each to their own I guess!

I run double Ireguards but no Reavers, but I build my BG around them as the core. Hyper aggressive build. They work particularly well in ST UD splits.

Last edited: Oct 22, 2016