Mummies

Discussion in 'Rune Ideas and Suggestions' started by SireofSuns, Oct 23, 2016.

?

Which ones do you like?

1. Mummified Princess

2 vote(s)
    50.0%
  2. Elsarin Mummy

3 vote(s)
    75.0%
  3. Mummified Noble

2 vote(s)
    50.0%
  4. Towering Mummy

3 vote(s)
    75.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. SireofSuns

SireofSuns I need me some PIE!

I guess I'll have to do these one at a time.

I'm gonna reserve a bunch of replies for this, in order to avoid the character limit per post. Hehe.

Mummified Princess

Faction: FW
    Race: Undead, Lich, Zombie, Class: Witch, Size: Smol, Rarity: Exotic, Deck Limit: 2
    Artwork: (A mummified girl with lots of jewelry, she is slashing at a frightened dwarf who is holding a shield)
    Flavor-Text: "Their beauty unequaled in life, their love undying. Now terrible beyond measure in death, their vengeance insatiable." -Lamentations of the Coven, Volume 13, Chapter 9.
    Nora Cost: ???

DAM: 8, SPD: 8, RNG: 1, DEF: 1, HP: 48

Base Abilities:
    Attack: Physical
    Fear 3
    Rabid 3

Upgrade Set #1:

Zombie Apocalypse
    Eternal Life
    Elsari Coven

Upgrade Set #2:

Black Death
    Phylactery Bound
    Elusive

*What role is this rune intended to fill?

This rune is intended to be a Zoombie. Fast, flexible, great for harassing and dealing some damage.​
    *Why isn't this rune's role being fulfilled by similar runes?
    There aren't really many "speedy" Zombies. The closest is Abomination, who is more of a front line berserker.​
    *How is this rune different from what is already in PoxNora?
    It is able to fill a role as a Lich, Witch, or Zombie, particularly in the speed department, which is lacking in those groups.​
    *How is this rune competitive and why would it be used over other runes?
    8 Speed. It also can place a Phylactery out for Liches, which is good.​
    *What makes this rune unique and fun to use?
    "Zoombie."​

2. SireofSuns

Elsari Mummy
    Race: Undead, Lich, Zombie, Class: Rogue, Size: Smol, Rarity: Common, Deck Limit: 2
    Artwork: ([​IMG] Credit: "the Mummy" by odinoir on DeviantArt)
    Flavor-Text: There were many in old Elsarin that believed in an afterlife, and did their best to preserve their bodies. The practice became so common that wealth was rarely an obstacle.
    Nora Cost: 66

DAM: 9, SPD: 6, RNG: 1, DEF: 0, HP: 44

Base Abilities:
    Attack: Physical
    Multiattack 1
    Guiding Spirit

Upgrade Set #1:

Zombie Apocalypse
    Forsaken Exploit
    Disease Aura 3

Upgrade Set #2:

Multiattack 2
    Rabid 2
    Defiling Aura

This rune is intended to be fast hitting Zombie, and can work as a melee beater for Liches.​
    There are few melee Liches, and most Zombies aren't able to hit more than once reliably per turn.​
    There aren't any Zombies with Multiattack currently, and only one Lich with it.​
    It can run and hit fast and deal some c0nstant damage, for a fairly low cost.​
    This champ runs well in groups of similar champs and brings some fast hitting damage for a reasonably low cost. Also he's got some weird fashion sense going on.​

Last edited: Oct 23, 2016
  3. SireofSuns

Mummified Noble
    Race: Undead, Lich, Zombie, Class: Priest, Size: Smol, Rarity: Uncommon, Deck Limit: 2
    Artwork: ([​IMG] Credit: "mummy" by toramarusama on DeviantArt)
    Flavor-Text: The nobility of old Elsarin that made use of mummification were not know for long lives due to infighting, this has assured Serkan a steady supply of well preserved corpses.
    Nora Cost: 74

DAM: 8, SPD: 6, RNG: 2-4, DEF: 1, HP: 44

Base Abilities:

Attack: Acid
    Heal Champion 2

Upgrade Set #1:

Regal Presence
    Prestige
    Frightful Aura 2

Upgrade Set #2:

Curse 1
    Invigorate 2
    Drive

This champ is intended to be a support champion for primarily Zombies and Liches, giving them a variety of buffs.​
    The similar runes to this one (Cleric of Unrest for one) do a similar role, but plainly differently. This champion is designed to be more of a straight buff champ.​
    The other champions in FW that have healing abilities generally don't mesh well with Zombies or Liches.​
    This champion brings a lot of sustainability to Zombies and Liches beyond their normal venues, and so could easily make its way in by way of strengthening their attrition game.​
    The Acid damage gives an interesting alt damage for Liches and Zombies, and the area boosts fit nicely into those themes.​

Last edited: Oct 25, 2016
    Tweek516 likes this.
  4. SireofSuns

Towering Mummy
    Race: Undead, Lich, Zombie, Class: Wizard, Size: BurnPyro, Rarity: Rare, Deck Limit: 2
    Artwork: ([​IMG] Credit: "mummy" by totmoartsstudio2 on DeviantArt[​IMG])
    Flavor-Text: The Towering Mummy was the result of a Wizard's attempt to make himself stronger physically. They succeeded, but lost their brain.
    Nora Cost: 78

DAM: 10, SPD: 6, RNG: 1-2, DEF: 2, HP: 48

Base Abilities:
    Attack: Disease
    Magic Beam
    Rabid 1
    Vulnerability: Fire

Upgrade Set #1:

Zombie Apocalypse
    Eternal Life
    Revel in Misery

Upgrade Set #2:

Scry 2
    Disease Breath 3
    Stat Bonus: Defense 3

This is meant to be a very tanky beater with some wizardry elements, specifically among the Liches and Zombies.​
    The closest runes to this one are the Stitched Merged and Stitched Magearm. Among Zombies, the tanks are generally not the most powerful when it comes to being anything other than meat.​
    He's a big-a** tanky zombie that can shoot magic beams and disease stuff, I don't see many others that do that.​
    His staying power can be scary, combined with his capable damage, he should be able to find a spot in various battlegroups.​
    His variety of abilities and tankyness should make for an interesting ball of fun. And pain.​

Last edited: Oct 23, 2016
  5. SireofSuns

Reserved.

6. Etherielin

Etherielin The Floof Cultist

@Mummy Noble: I'd replace Boosts with Regal Presence and add some 2nd royal ability like starshine or majestic instead. Force them to group up instead of getting 5 HP for free. Would also remove life siphon.

You'd have to readjust the cost though.

7. SireofSuns

Those are good suggestions! I changed it appropriately.

I avoided Majestic and Starshine because they aren't very common in FW and don't feel like FW things. Regal Presence and Prestige feel more like they could fit with the whole nobility shtick without going too far away from FW flavor.

8. Skullferno

Skullferno I need me some PIE!

Some of these seem pretty powerful for the overall state of the game atm, but I really love the idea of mummies in pox and have pitched it in the past a few times. Hope the devs see this one! I would love to play some mummies, and also make some jokes about those movies they did in the late 90's!

cheers mate

Tweek516, SireofSuns and Etherielin like this.
  9. SireofSuns

Any ideas on how they're too powerful? I'd like them to be realistic, so some cost changes or ability changes/removal would be fine by me.

10. Skullferno

Skullferno I need me some PIE!

It's just the little things that need to be rounded out. Like ability costing, nora costing, stats that should be in the meta game atm. You don't want to load a champ up with great abilities and stats and then try to sell it for a low nora cost and you don't want to do the vise versa of loading up with awesome abilities and then a high nora outcome.

Players in the current meta like cheap efficient champs, not saying that all your guys should be that but it is a good idea of what should be where.

Example Mummified Noble is really undercosted for the abilities he has, and also he has Surge Undead which is extremely powerful. I would remove that and try to give him maybe surge: Lich or not even a surge ability in general. Try to find that right balance and also the idea of one upgrade tree being devoted for one general purpose.

SireofSuns and Etherielin like this.
  11. Etherielin

Etherielin The Floof Cultist

If he wants to keep the damage boost, he could give it Surge: Wizard (isn't there yet) or some unique ability that'd be harder to scale with.

SireofSuns likes this.
  12. SireofSuns

I edited the Noble for now, I'll come back to the others in a while, but first I need a nap (long day of working on absentee ballots, remind not to volunteer for anything again).

For now I'd like to keep these guys on the slightly more expensive end of things, as most Zombies are fairly cheap. On the other hand, I THINK they're a little cheaper than a good number of Liches. I was aiming for a cost average similar to Witches.

Unless of course you guys/others feel that they really need to be toned down from where they are.