Foglar beast and plants

Discussion in 'Forglar Swamp' started by Woffleet, Apr 18, 2014.

1. Woffleet

Woffleet I need me some PIE!

neither of these themes is complete by their own. Why don't we combine them into a theme.
    It works like this. The Beast have strength of body, consume, protective plants and guarded plants. The plants serve support roles. The beast deal the dmg and consume the plants to keep up the fight.
    thoughts?

2. Woffleet

The plants are cheap and have nora miner, detection ec
    All plants have guarded beast

Last edited: Apr 18, 2014
  3. Woffleet

Different clans of beast interact differently with the plants. Here are some examples:

Growth clan: focous on protecting and nuturing plants
    protective plant
    mass heal

Rage clan: uses plants to fuel rage
    unleash

Giant clan: use the plants to grow stronger
    Strength of body
    consume

4. Woffleet

thoughts?

5. AmmonReros

AmmonReros I need me some PIE!

two thoughts:
    1) Why not put all that in one post?
    2) Trying to get and support such changes with the big revamp incoming is kinda off. If we wanted this then we'd have to wait until the revamp is done.

6. Woffleet

1) I was trying to figure it out while typing
    2)true

7. Woffleet

8. Woffleet

Since the faction bonuses are changing slapping nora miner on the FS plants was my solution to creating a viable theme and the nora gen FS loses after the revamp

9. Skullferno

Skullferno I need me some PIE!

I would suggest to remove the idea of clans. The Swamp in lore is a place where everything works together to protect life aka Nora. Perhaps maybe do something besides clans, because the swamp itself is a giant old clan :p

On a side note, Wurms. What is the deal with those guys, I love them and all but race dragon? Why not race Wurm or even beast? Also the beat theme is getting loved, I believe a boghopper is gonna be reworked to be almost like a Skeez herder for FS. Just my two cents :p

10. Woffleet

The purpose of the clans were to describe how the beast nteract with the plants. for example: Cattle don't interact the same as bees
    The boghopper would fit in well with the template i'm trying to push for the theme

11. Makorov

Makorov I need me some PIE!

Please, no.

12. Skullferno

Senshu said that Bog Mentor might be getting boost beast 2, some sort of beast+ ability and probably drive or divert.

13. Skullferno

Well maybe they could have loyalty to a certain theme then? I like the idea of plants getting some add ons, but I think senshu winked at me that maybe next year they want to add on to the iffy themes in pox. Maybe Some beast partner up with Plants, others bogs, some snaps, some jellies.

I do like the clan idea, but I think KF is getting something like that in the future and it could look to similar.

14. only

only Active Member

Ice Wurm (ST) is Beast! I would love that Elder Murkwurm (and other Wurms) would be Beast as well! or Beast, Mutant.

15. profhulk

profhulk Forum Royalty

Make them all race WuRm!
    [​IMG]

Skullferno likes this.
  16. Woffleet

Wilderkin clans?

17. Skullferno

Many people have suggested Wilderkin be expanded and have a clan or a new race of spirit animals that are KF/FW be released with clan abilities.

18. Woffleet

cool!
    How do you know all of this?

19. Skullferno

You just see stuff around the forums. Some could be true, others just stories. You never know. Just forum gossip.