Poxnora Story - Can we make this better?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Fikule, Apr 23, 2014.

1. free20play

free20play I need me some PIE!

yeah hyaenids seem better suited in my opinion then voil to be the leaders of sp
    also they'd give us a chance to make sp into an unaligned faction not part of the wrath or protectorate
    cuz i never really understood why sp would side with skeletons,dragons,and demons
    and it'd go really well with their chaotic theme

2. free20play

free20play I need me some PIE!

and while were at we could add syngery between kanen and hyaenid's since they r both dog people
    as a starter we could rework cultural mentality into giving each kanen cackle/dogpile and each hyaenid pack mentality and new artwork

3. Fikule

Fikule I need me some PIE!

Think it was established that I don't know the really old story stuff.

So since you are so knowledgeable, what's the backstory for Hyaenids? I mean that's Grimlic's Decent expansion.

4. Ian Addison

Ian Addison New Member

I feel like this could be turned into an epic rap...

5. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

Good. I find your smell offensive so we are in agreement.

6. iodomy

iodomy Member

They're actually more closely related to cats than to dogs. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hyena

7. Makorov

Makorov I need me some PIE!

No, weren't the current Deep Elves/Nefari part of a group whose opinions differed with the Eternal Circle? They were led by Grimlic, but they began tunneling into the ground for some reason other than to leave KF (to find nora?). Then stuff went down, they got trapped, and currently believe the Eternal Circle left them down in hell.
    Also, I'm pretty sure Bok are just regular demons. Mainly because of Succubus' flavor text.

KingJad likes this.
  8. MadCom

MadCom Active Member

You should know that there was two big events: Separation and Catastrophe.

Separation was super long time ago, when in SP there was super awesome Cyclops empire. But then something something happened with seismic/tectonic stuff, and everything collapsed destroying Cyclops empire and kicking them back to stone age. Then ST and KF divided by mountains I think.

Catastrophe, was only long time ago Valdec nation dropped f-ing nuke on Elsarin. Elsarin was wiped out and on Valdec lands started plagues and stuff. Then after plagues, humans and dwarfs started mutate and healthy one fled to Ironfist mountains, where barbs tribes was living.

For Serkan it looks like, he took Xulos as apprentice, then Xulos exiled him to Utterdark, where he found even more power and friends. And then he returned or not, kicked Xulos ass.... or not.

Someone more familiar with Pox lore could make some mega thread about all this main things in Pox history for easier reading.

9. Oblitrix

Oblitrix The King of Potatoes

The firks better have a big piece of their lore next expansion.

10. MadCom

MadCom Active Member

FS faction as a whole has very little lore. Some frog people and then salamans who was enslaved by old Cyclops empire. And then there is psychic mini cthulhus and now we have some philosophical psychic jellies.

11. Vorian

Vorian I need me some PIE!

Nope is the hyaenid way!

12. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

Real men odor

13. Boozha

Boozha I need me some PIE!

As for SP, I think they hunted some hyaenid because they followed the Exile instead of her.

14. KingJad

KingJad I need me some PIE!

Jakei were around before separation and the civilization was thought to be destroyed during the separation but was rediscovered by dwarves on an expendition

Edit: Straight from Lore

Meanwhile far to the north, the frozen kingdom of J'thir, long thought lost to perils of the cataclysmic Separation 2000 years before, was recently rediscovered by explorers from Ironfist. Since then J'orea, the Ice Queen of Jakei has done all she could to prepare her people for the shocking news that they are not alone in the world.

Last edited: Apr 24, 2014
  15. Schmacko

Schmacko I need me some PIE!

Dorfs are smelly drunkards who were kicked out of the right proper nation of Valdac for being lousy good for nothings.

Dagda likes this.
  16. Mercer Skye

Mercer Skye I need me some PIE!

Story Stuffz?

Not sure if OP is looking for abridged pieces or not, but as far as I know, that's the most comprehensive list of official lore attached to Pox at the moment. I really wouldn't mind seeing some novels published about the history, there's some really rich story that can be exploited for some change (I wouldn't mind taking a swing at writing a few pieces, myself *nudge* *wink*).

FW being my favorite, I'm pretty confident I'm remembering this right, so I'll start with them, and TLDR what I think happened afterwards.

Serkan was practicing necromancy before the Catastrophe, and teaching Xulos, and they were BFFs. Then Valdac set Elsari up the nora bomb.

Valdac was still Humans and Dwarves at this point, and were beating their head against the newly risen undead horde that was pouring out of old Elsarin.

Xulos stabbed Serkan in the heart during some ritual that sent Serkan bodily into the Utterdark. Evil swirly black cloud stuff happens to Serkan while Xulos quite literally sets up a puppet government to rule Elsarin.

Valdac starts getting all scaly and weird. The first Ironfist takes his not weird and scaly dwarf and human friends and flees to the old Ironfist fort.

Meanwhile, in a Forest, far far away, a jealous brother is ticked that his big brother is getting all the girls for being all sagely and such, and no one cares that he's sacrificing his soul to keep demons at bay. Therefore, he sells what's left of it to the demons, to totally wage a jealous hissy fit in said forest.

SP realizes the last stash of IPads from before the Separation are in Seljichan (or wherever the Salaman live), and decide they want them for themselves, so they invade the swamp. Frog people later, and they're driven back.

Shortly thereafter, Ironfist Stronghold and K'thras Elves climb this giant wall of ice in the north, because, well, reasons, and they run into a bunch of blue elves that have lost fingers to frostbite, and are totally enthralled about their polar bear bikinis, and ask them to join their BFF club. They invite the Frog people to join, too, because, fresh fish.

Somewhere, this island full of weird voodoo fetishes and cat people have never been noticed, even though they're like a half days ride from the mainland. Hilarity ensues, and the...

Bickering and border wars later, Baal'ah flips his **** and rage spews black ichor all over Poxanthuru, some people get sick, some people die, and genies for some odd reason choose some smelly dog people as the master race.

And that's the timeline up until now, as we wait for the aftermath of Baal'ah's hissy fit.

Schmacko, Nemorga and Sokolov like this.
  17. Nemorga

Nemorga I need me some PIE!

I think hot elves are cool, actually (and some cold elves are hot too!)

18. Umlungu

Umlungu New Member

during the seperation event that destroyed the cyclops empire, underground springs were exposed and so started Forglar swamps. How the firk got there only they will know, and they not speaking