MYX storyline

Discussion in 'Sundered Lands' started by Woffleet, Apr 23, 2014.

1. Woffleet

Woffleet I need me some PIE!

i'm interested. Does anyone know?

2. Dagda

Dagda Forum Royalty

storyline? they're bugs that do bugly things under the sand

aside from that, Mosh will talk your ear off about the original concept he had that he got corpse to implement (but that corpse altered)

3. Woffleet

Woffleet I need me some PIE!

Mosh should tell

4. only

only Active Member

ptjimbo likes this.
  5. Kharon

Kharon Devotee of the Blood Owl

Just watch/read Starship Troopers. You'll understand then!

ptjimbo, Qucas and Kampel like this.
  6. RedScarlet

RedScarlet I need me some PIE!

Myx Skywalker is a bugling that lives under the sands for god-knows-how-many-aeons. Then he met and killed his own father, Myx Doorklord.

7. GabrielQ

GabrielQ I need me some PIE!

I know they are controled/tamed by the draksars, that would imply that they have limited inteligence and that they do not have a hivemind

8. nytrequiem

nytrequiem The King of Potatoes

Where did you get this information?

9. GabrielQ

10. RedScarlet

RedScarlet I need me some PIE!

go to Wookiepedia

11. Skullferno

Skullferno I need me some PIE!

Gabriel, that was a player created lore that won a lore entry contest on the forums. I wouldn't credited it to the main lore. You can't really take half the written lore on the main site for real, seeing how most was selected by a system of a tourney. That was probably the best choice, and was picked.
    Also the Myx have high intelligence, the queens have mastered the mastery of chirps/song to sooth broodlords anger or help hatch. They are basically what you could call the wildlife of SL.
    It's like creepers in FW. They aren't slaves to the undead, but will help them out if needed.
    Very mysterious races these are.

12. Skullferno

Another example of it being player written, it says Author: Commisar

13. GabrielQ

I don't know what is your concept of high intelligence, but myx don't do anything that real life ants with their bodies wouldn't do.

Woffleet likes this.
  14. Skullferno

Ants, in general are one of the smartest species on our planet. They can work with up to thousands of their own kind to help their own colony. Intelligence to me, isn't how to read or write or to make philosophical ideas but to survive successfully with animals that could possibly destroy your own habitat

From what I read, the draksar don't have any control of the myx. The dunewalkers might have some pact or maybe a type of friendship but no way are they enslaved.

I don't care if you accept the idea of them being smart or not, I just wanted to point out, the myx were not slaves of Draksars and that your proof was just a contest lore winner and probably was chosen because it was the coolest looking one, and it isn't lore accurate.

15. bluestun

bluestun Member

If you read the myx adamant's description it says that it is believed that the myx matriarchs have the ability to manipulate myx pupae to change what they become. This means they would indeed have some intelligence as they choose to make various myx forms instead of just drones, matriarchs, and broodlords