some guy in rankd was playing creepers

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by free20play, Apr 23, 2014.

1. free20play

free20play I need me some PIE!

got vortexed bloodworm on top of impassable terrain
    and now i remember why i stopped playing creepers

Last edited: Apr 23, 2014
    Markus422 likes this.
  2. only

only Active Member

impassable terrain needs to be revisited. this is not the first bug I encounter/see based on it. more and more of them lately, actually...

3. Boozha

Boozha I need me some PIE!

What happens if that happens, actually?

4. Rockhopper

Rockhopper Well-Known Member

Immobilized for the rest of the game. Think if you get Ice Stormed as a flier over impassible but forever.

5. Boozha

Boozha I need me some PIE!

Oh, I thought something special would happen with the bloodworm.

6. Xirone

Xirone I need me some PIE!

Yeah, Impassable terrain should be looked at. If a Flamemage, with Flight upgraded, targets an Impassable space (to ground units) with Projection, the champion is removed from the game, permanently. It just disappears....like black magic.

7. RedDain

RedDain I need me some PIE!

If a champ has climb or mountaineer as an upgrade, and you place a Crown of Petals on it, it loses the upgrade and can never move again... lol

8. Dagda

Dagda Forum Royalty

i mean red, it forgets how to climb

what if it has to move up an inch-high step or something? IT DOESN'T KNOW HOW ANYMORE

#sinkofthethunderpedes

9. RedDain

No Razz, there wasn't.

However, I would like to propose a fix: there is no more impassable terrain or "instadeath terrain" - chasms and impassable terrain should be changed:

Chasm: every square costs an extra 3 (4?) AP to move across, unit in chasm takes 15% physical damage per turn in the terrain, or for each space moved in terrain, and unit gains condition "panicked" (This unit has -2 Def, -4 damage). This eliminates instakills, and gives non-flyers the potential to cross chasms (with significant penalty) in an emergency. Climb and Mountaineer champs do not pay movement penalty, but still take damage and get condition.

Impassable --> wtf are you doing in there terrain: each square costs an extra 3 spaces to move and does 10 physical damage per turn/per square. Climb and mountaineer do not take movement penalty, but still take damage.

Boozha likes this.
  10. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

I would make it loss of life, otherwise I could see abuse with physical immune or rock eaters.

11. RedDain

Good call. I agree.

12. RedDain

Clear?