Discussion: Rune Limit 1 on non-Champions

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Sokolov, Nov 16, 2016.

1. davre

davre The Benevolent Technofascist

Y not just make millenial icequake 200n while ur at it?
    (u monster)

2. themacca

themacca Master of Challenges

do it

3. Excalibur95

Excalibur95 I need me some PIE!

i really want to get on board with this but can only agree when they make deep leviathan 200n too. #fkuST #fkuUD

4. DiCEM0nEY

DiCEM0nEY I need me some PIE!

As a new player, it is hard to get enough shards to craft certain themes which require legs (liches for example, require gen lich or serious work arounds).

No shards in extended sets sort of makes me want to wait for midterms. Im not playing zombie themes, so I don't really have an interest in the new expansion (not that I think those runes are bad).

My guess is that these changes would make struggling themes much weaker (graveyards come to mind, and im not sure about vampyres or witches)

5. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

Which themes do you think are struggling that run GY?

6. Ragic

Ragic I need me some PIE!

Ppl really run 2x graveyards?

7. themacca

themacca Master of Challenges

only time i ever see 2 graveyards at once is if people are going SUPER hard into the altar of bones stratergy for skeles.

8. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

Well, running 2 Graveyards is also legit with Essence Devourer, because it makes draws more consistent and the setup safer.

9. guokamoli54

guokamoli54 I need me some PIE!

<*Quietly raises his hand*

10. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

What deck? Why?

11. guokamoli54

guokamoli54 I need me some PIE!

FF FW Skelly. one to feed altar and one to send skellies to fight. Basically what macca said lol

12. Ragic

Ragic I need me some PIE!

id agree the ED needs the gy, but 2x would only be for draw, once 1 is down I doubt the 2nd gets played much

13. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

I've had it come up, and the second is nice, but I'm still not sure if it's really worth the space in a fully optimized list. A slot probably isn't worth backup.

14. Goyo

Goyo I need me some PIE!

I would discard it as a game design choice.

15. Valkyr

Valkyr The King of Potatoes

If you do that, create a new game mode for it. We did not collect two examples of each card for nothing.

16. jeeperz2

jeeperz2 I need me some PIE!

This could be a game mode I think nothing else it would probably hurt the game a lot more than help. Oddly enough most of my decks on have x1 of champions and spells.

SireofSuns likes this.
  17. horrible

horrible Devotee of the Blood Owl

I think this would be great! Deck diversity keeps the game interesting.

18. SireofSuns

SireofSuns I need me some PIE!

I think it would be too difficult to implement in a way that would satisfy the majority of the player base. I'm not really a fan of the idea, I don't think it's needed.