Discussion: Pox Nora on PlayStation

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Senshu, Jun 14, 2016.

1. badgerale

badgerale Warchief of Wrath

Just wondering what the rational is behind adding a max HP counter?

Edit: I guess not being able to scroll over the HP icon so easily must be part of it.

2. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

Probably to keep track of all those Max Hp changes.

3. bambino

bambino I need me some PIE!

so if u got a champ with
    50 hp and he gets buffed up to, say, 65
    but then u take say 5 dam,,
    the way it is now,,,even tho your still above your base,, it shows -5,,, now I know he has room to be healed,, but sometimes I forget how high is buffd amount is and dont know if its worth a heal (in this case no)
    but now I can see clearly, his full potential is 65hp,, without having to remembering all his buffs.
    is this how it works ?
    if so,,, sweet. ....this is the stuff im talking about....
    yes. very nice.

19madfox95 likes this.
  4. Orubus

Orubus Devotee of the Blood Owl

Any plans on reverting to the old rank system? This new one seems broken.. i.e. Ballerballer

And what's the reward for the wrath? And are we keeping Dow, I like it lore wise.. you could also make each faction compete against each other though

5. GoldTiger

GoldTiger I need me some PIE!

Never understood why the penalty for losing was only a maximum of 20. Even then it still feels like the issue was the 5 minimum. What was the reason for the change from the original anyways?

6. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

That situation is mostly just because of the minimums in place. It's mostly there because many top players would just not play once they got the top ranks because they had no chance to earn points. We'll probably remove it once population picks up against post-PS4 launch (or at least tweak the way it works).

7. Sokolov

upload_2016-11-18_15-32-41.png

YOU CAN SEE THE CURSOR/TILE SELECTION ON SNOW

#justpoxthings

8. Resonance9

Resonance9 The King of Potatoes

Even though I'm a new player, I do rather like how I can't see the opponent's Nora. It makes you have to think and anticipate the opponent's moves more. You already have the stealthed champion notification, why not just have stealthed relics/traps use the same screen-dim and do away with the public Nora?

9. Pattn199

Pattn199 I need me some PIE!

About time, now stop wasting time on BS and focus on pox!

10. Orubus

Orubus Devotee of the Blood Owl

oh ok, what about a decay system?

11. Ballballer

Ballballer Chief Antagonist

I BROKE DA SYSTEM

12. Sokolov

There actually used to be one, but it really doesn't amount to much of an actual effect when we are resetting ranks with each expansion.

What ends up happening with a decay system is that people who are playing the game don't get affected, and people who leave and come back with a new release don't care either.

13. Sokolov

14. Gnomes

Gnomes Forum Royalty

Looks good, any reason you guys wrote "Bot Faction" imstead of AI or Robot, isent that what Bot is short for anyhow?

15. Oregreen

Oregreen Member

What is the deal on the release date tho?

16. Sokolov

We are working as fast as we can :(

17. Poxpoints

Poxpoints I need me some PIE!

I was wondering if any research has been done to what new players think about the amount of runes PoxNora has.

I've been trying to pick PoxNora back up again, but I get put off so fast by how many runes there are.

Not because of how long it would take me to get those runes or howmuch money it would cost me (which might be a reason for others). In my case because I have a vast enough collection to trade for any rune I want. But because of the fact that there is too much new information to learn.

When I was playing more actively, it was actually one of the things I loved about PoxNora (those endless options).

But now I'm really at a point where I wish I could play a competitive game-mode where only a section of the runes are available, so I can ease back into it. (Still with enough runes there, so I have the feeling I can make my own deck).

In a way, similar perhaps to "Standard" and "Wild" in Hearthstone (if that still works the same way as when I last played HS). Be it that iirc "Wild" isn't really seen as the competitive gameplay in HS and probably would be in PoxNora.

Just my 2 cents!

Cheers,

Josh753

davre likes this.
  18. Pattn199

Pattn199 I need me some PIE!

Please stop. Everyone knows y'all are not
    Damn other games inbetween and all.

19. Sokolov

Actually, the people who are working on the Pox Port/New Client are dedicated to just that, and throwing more people at it doesn't really help (especially if those people don't have the skillset/experience in the technologies required for this task). There are also various hoops to jump through in regards to getting things approved for Sony (for example, they have specific naming conventions for every item on the controller, etc.).

We want the new client out as much as you do, it's already been delayed from the original intention of being out by the end of the summer.

(And for me, I am dying to get this patch/mid-term out.)

Tweek516 and TeaNinja like this.
  20. NevrGonaGivUup

NevrGonaGivUup I need me some PIE!

We're ALL dying.
    aZpE246_460s.jpg

SOON.