Help Please.

Discussion in 'K'Thir Forest' started by Frozen, Apr 24, 2014.

1. Frozen

Frozen New Member

I was trying to avoid posting on here but I'm tired of losing. I just recently started playing Pox again after trying some factions out I decided that K'Thir is my favorite atm. I did some browsing here on the forums and got ideas for BG to create for myself. I know I'm not a good player at all but I just can't seem to win any games. I was wondering if this could be because of my BGs it seems I do no dmg and never have the right cards out. I'll post a sample of some of the bgs I run. ANY help would be appreciated I could really use some advice. Also many of my runes aren't fully level'd.

This is an attempt to a Devotee bg I only have Woodmarshall atm.
    http://poxbase.com/#!/deck/cubcfmchkC9zCjbcpfc8bc3FcinCwVcy+CjQcjms5skS7TS2ts6BsLr3nr2YrUe2FeM

Wizard attempt
    http://poxbase.com/#!/deck/c2=coxCfmCgbc5Fc5Acpfcy6cy+CfQCgTc9ls5s4Zs4Ks7WS2ts6gs6BsLrUr25R3we2F

2. Javier Romero

Javier Romero The King of Potatoes

for first bg
    loss: elven treecaller , garu den mother grimlic mirror , aspect of life
    Add: green house , another occulis slag fuel spell , avenging angel another ghost stalker (illusion power up elven statue

for me in a elf bg is way better elven statue that bloom but that me

3. RedDain

RedDain I need me some PIE!

4. Frozen

Frozen New Member

What would you recomment me to use? Any help is useful to me.

What can I use instead of the Enforcers, Oracles and Epochal?

5. RedDain

Conclave Warden, Elven Strategist, Ghost-stalker, or Rage of Circle.

6. RedDain

Wisp is good, too. You need some melee wizards. I can see using starlight sylph as well in terms of the damage output potential.

7. Frozen

Frozen New Member

I'll be using Rage of the Circle in place of the Enforcers, Wisp in place of the Epochal and Starlight for Oracles. I'm also probably going to fit Strategist in there. Would that be ok?

8. Xirone

Xirone I need me some PIE!

Be really careful with the Rage of the Circle. He has tons of power but someone who is getting back in the game could use him wrong and, in that case, he is a big liability.

9. RedDain

Yes. In fact, whenever I do use him (which is not often), I often will suicide him on a cliff or on damaging terrain if I think he's going to get killed next turn...

10. Frozen

Frozen New Member

Alright I'll keep that in mind. I'm about to try these changes out. Thanks a lot guys. Are their any other BGs that I should give a try that might be good me. I tried Beast/Vashal but it didn't end well.

11. RedDain

If beast/vashal didn't end well, you're doing something wrong. I think that may be the single strongest KF theme, and one of the strongest, most meta-worthy themes in Pox. Someone needs to show off their Beast/Vashal goodness... it's truly horrifying how well it runs.

12. Frozen

Frozen New Member

Is it possible that I'm playing too safe? Like I said I'm not very good at this game.

13. Frozen

Frozen New Member

Alright that's actually really good to know. I have always played very passive.

14. RedDain

Quite possible. The days of turtling are long, long gone. With Beast/Vashal, you've got a ton of really good, really cheap, really tough little weasels that can take territory and keep it long enough to let their friends catch up and eat faces. Use them appropriately.

15. Xirone

Xirone I need me some PIE!

I only use the few and valuable Seal of the Vashals when I am about to run a champ into an opposing font or when I am about to double cast Thorn Collection on a group of enemies (and one unlucky expendable friendly). Seal of the Vashal rewards those who rush instead of those who wait.

16. Frozen

Frozen New Member

You guys have been very helpful thanks a lot. I don't regret posting here anymore >.< I was too scared.

17. RedDain

Seal of Vashal on the Quillback (with Death Nova Physical), rush in, hit hit, 2x Thorns, get noraz, Wrath or Brambles... BOOM... lots of dead enemies and one heroic sacrifice on the part of a little bitty porcupine-weasel-thing.

18. kagebunshn

kagebunshn I need me some PIE!

beast/vashal is pretty good.

The individual runes are not high damage, but they are very efficient and there is a lot of versatility. vashal druids are kinda OP imo. scramble is just too good. Quillquips are strong against heros. Oak seed and/or frostcall quiver are kinda mandatory since almost all your damage is physical/magic otherwise.

I really want wizards to be a better theme than it is. There are a lot of decent wizards, but there is no synergy, no boost effect, no wizard commander, no real AP generation, and there is a distinct lack of melee/tanks . Enforcer and mena are really good, and the rest is kinda OK. Throne of the circle and tower of amareth need to be slightly buffed imo to make them worthwhile.

Elves have more overall synergy and some command bonuses and drive. innervate etc, but they are mostly all squishy and have low hps/damage. Boa tanks for dayz with treefolks blessing and basically any healing support.

19. Molosse

Molosse I need me some PIE!

Vashal are one of those lovely themes that has everything AS WELL as having unifying synergy, in this case horrendous tankiness and horrendous nora-gen.
    But I wouldn't say they're an easy theme to get into first time, they take a decent bit of getting used to so that you get the most out of them so don't be discouraged if they let you down early on. But aye, one of if not the best full theme out atm are Vashal with beasts thrown on.

20. Frozen

Frozen New Member

I went ahead and tried them again and yes I noticed this I'll have to try them out with those equips. As for the Wizards ye I see what you mean, but I'm enjoying them so much it's hard for me to stop playing I even finally managed to win some games with them.

I added some Snake Charmers, Forest Lerpers, and a Ospryan Valkyrie. Are there better beasts to sub these? Also I know this might be a bit OP but what would a KF Meta BG look.

21. RedDain

I think you're missing something if you think wizards are weak. They're not at all. Throne and Tower are really amazing runes that actually had to be (justifiably) nerfed because they were too strong. I run a wizard bg with no Mena and no Chained Fae. Go cheap and fast: Apprentice Mage, Mage of Lament, Flamemage. Sure, enforcers and oracles, too... but I run those just to spite my opponent. It's the App Mages in particular that do the bulk of my heavy lifting. Apprenctice Mage and Elven Mage make an amazing combination that's not too hard to pull off. If you have the setup time, you can get the core 3 (A. Mage, E. Mage, and Mage of Lament) rolling - you've got: 4 types of damage (frost, fire, magic, psychic), 4 different debuffs (slow, inhibit, drop defense, drop damage), a bunch of different types of ways to do damage without attacking (aura, nova), and excellent balance between melee and ranged attacks. It really is quite good.