So when will the other 3 Maljaran races get a legendary champ?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by guokamoli54, Nov 23, 2016.

1. guokamoli54

guokamoli54 I need me some PIE!

Anyone else been waiting on this or have these races fallen out of favor considering how many times they have changedwith the exception of kanen.

Thoughts?

2. NevrGonaGivUup

NevrGonaGivUup I need me some PIE!

Well, there have been new common /uncommon champs. Isn't that better than new legendaries, because they are easier to obtain?

PhdNiceGuy likes this.
  3. Pixyrus

Pixyrus Forum Royalty

Stitched will be getting a new rune in the player made expansion.

4. guokamoli54

Ya i heard about that is it supposed to be legendary or no?

5. Tweek516

Tweek516 I need me some PIE!

Nope (or I very much doubt it)

6. xezno

xezno I need me some PIE!

All my sources point to maybe

7. guokamoli54

Oh ya for sure just mainly a consistency thing pretty much every other race has legendary champs now except for kanen, stitched and leoss.

8. TeaNinja

TeaNinja I need me some PIE!

Tortun Bokor is the only Maljaran legendary, but honestly it's only Tortun because you can add Undead to almost anything and throw it in FW. It's not like it was made to bolster the Tortun theme, instead it appears to be a true FW theme rune. (just saying)

9. guokamoli54

Dont want ruin that i really enjoy kanen in there current state as being a competitive budget BG like i said earlier its more of a consistency thing lol im not against these races getting legendary champs was just wondering if other players were thinking about this and maybe some greens could maybe post if they have anything regarding this topic? @Sokolov

10. TeaNinja

TeaNinja I need me some PIE!

Consistent would be FW getting 3 more Maljaran legendaries with abilities that fit into existing FW themes. Undead Kanen, Undead Leoss, Undead Stitched (ok that last one doesn't make sense).

11. guokamoli54

I would not be opposed to this lol

If i remember correctly there is already an undead krone obviously not legendary tho lol

12. SireofSuns

SireofSuns I need me some PIE!

Mostly done.
    We've got Undead Crone, Bonesplitter Maul (SL instead of FW), and Stitched Skeleform.

I like having Undead from the other factions to bolster FW, it feels flavorful and interesting. Otherwise I'd ask where they get all these new undead from all the time, and why they aren't using the corpses of their enemies. It may seem lazy, but it fits I think.

I kinda want to see some sort of sub-faction of Leoss that work with SL, make them Lions or something. That would be neat.

Actually, I feel he fits rather nicely in Tortuns. He has 1-3 range, which is valuable in Tortuns, he can get Banditry or Essence Capture, which are "Pirate" themed abilities (the design direction DOG wanted to take the Tortuns), and his Cursed Treasure fits nicely with them too. Granted, he may fit more easily into Witches, but in Tortuns he's no slouch. I'd definitely include him if I played Tortuns. Though, I'd me much happier if he lost Annex (wat?) for Tortun's Trade or something more "Tortun-like".

TeaNinja likes this.
  13. SireofSuns

I would definitely like to see a Legendary champion for each Maljaran 'faction', if only for the sake of completion. Even if it's all just things like Tortun Bokor, who are more emissaries than anything else.

guokamoli54 likes this.
  14. Netherzen

Netherzen I need me some PIE!

Lets make maljara races more expensive to play for no reason.
    Great thread.

SireofSuns likes this.
  15. SireofSuns

As long as the Legendary ones are stupidly overpowered or given "necessary" abilities, it'll be fine.

Eh, who am I kidding, of course that would happen. :(

guokamoli54 likes this.
  16. guokamoli54

They are perfectly playable now so what difference would it make? This just adds more options too choose from. If you are gonna comment then please actually say something useful and not just spew hot air. Lol

17. NevrGonaGivUup

NevrGonaGivUup I need me some PIE!

He may not have been polite, but he does have a point. A new legendary would almost certainly have a powerful new ability that would make it auto in theme decks. Playing without it would put you at a disadvantage.

18. Netherzen

Netherzen I need me some PIE!

Having a theme that players can aquire and play with without getting too many legs or exos is good.Not all themes need to be cheap but its good to have options too choose from.

19. Skullferno

Skullferno I need me some PIE!

I also believe Tortuns are getting a new rune in the player made expansion.

That being said, why a Legendary? I always thought rarity is a somewhat obscure thing in this game. You want solid champions, to which most solid champions are from all tiers. I honestly think we only keep the rarity thing around to help balance with boxes and sales. I'm not complaining but if you really want a legendary for the Malj races I would just wait, it probably won't be long till they swing around and do another malj expansion.

Or better yet they make a deity figure for each malj split theme to which it would be awesome to run but not a necessity for the theme itself. Would also be a unique rune and would just be a cool idea. We already have an insight on the malj religion/lore with Zoalt. And Zoalt is a firking cool looking dragon serpent god of destruction.

Tweek516, Etherielin and Axeraiser like this.
  20. SireofSuns

Ok, let's be honest, it's for the novelty of it. Though @Netherzen does have a very good point.