Discussion: Space Wars Kickstarter: Pox Nora Rewards & Ship Viewer

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Senshu, Nov 15, 2016.

1. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

Woa there Sok, lets not minimize what's been done as if you didn't know there would be this reaction. The one thing that has been murderously coveted over the years has been Harbys. You know this. You then thought it would be acceptable to use this desire to obtain the unobtainable to fund another project. Lets not pretend that its some shared pot of money and it flows back to Pox. I'm sure your partners in spacewars would love to see that.

It's clear that you are either unable or unwilling to move this Poxnora beyond what it is. You've had years at it. You worked "with" Corpse, you had the game to yourself, then AphaPSA took over, and now you have the game again. There is really nothing different about the game now and a long time ago other than the fact that there are 4-5x more cards/abilities (outside of accessibility via gold/shards, good job there).

Now, when you say "hey pox players, can we also have your money for this other game, and btw, we'll reprint Harbs to get you to do it" everyone is like, dubya tee eff, mate. And for good reason. Why didn't you do that for Pox? Why didn't you let the fanbase invest directly into the game they've been loyal to for so long? Well the only answer that presents itself, is that you've got no plans for Pox similar to that of your plans for Spacewars. At best it alienates your playerbase, at worse it's down right offensive.

I really can think of no sensible reasoning why any competent human being wouldn't have seen this response coming.

2. Ragic

Ragic I need me some PIE!

maybe its because despite all your crying you guys continue to give them money?

3. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

Ive not purchased anything in many moons.

4. MaruXV

MaruXV Corgi Lord of FW

What's the problem in giving them money? It's a game and they dont work as charity. How much do you pay a 8hrs game like assassin's creed? 60$? Pox can entertain you like forever, so I see nothing strange into giving this guys some money once in a while. WoW costs 20$ per month. Plus, you still can play Pox without paying even 1$, if you are patient enough.
    Surely DoG are not perfect, they make mistakes sometimes, but they show an interest in the opinions of the community that is not normal for other companies. They actually listen to requests and consider them when they make changes. That's quite a big deal. I also understand older player's rant about giving away harbingers (maybe, just if the project is funded) for money. But, lets be honest, how many harbingers will come out from this? 5? 10 at max? Maybe it wasnt the best decision by DoG, but insulting and raging like that is going to make them understand the error you see? You, as older players, have a "special" channel with them, and they listen to your opinion more, because you understand better the game. Is it so difficult to say " Guys, you are making one of your worst errors, please reconsider it. "? Do you think that saying " you a re a bunch of a.holes and you have to die, i'm out of here" is going to make them reconsider their errors? Or its just showing that maybe the community doesnt deserve that much attention, in the end?
    We are all adult and civilized (maybe), and we can have different opinions. But if you care about this game, you should explain them why you think they are making things wrong, and suggest your way to change it, not complain and quit. I'm sorry about that, but together with a lot of old and new players who enjoy the game as it is, with his flaws and good parts, i see also older players that instead of guiding and inviting people to the game just continue to complain about everything on the forums without even really playing ingame. Thats so bad for the game's ambient. You should be in a position to make people understand pox and play better, not make them pissed off because of your frustration.

19madfox95 likes this.
  5. Ragic

I was using 'you' in the collective sense. I quoted your post as it provided context to make a more general statement. I do that sometimes.

6. Ragic

my point was that the spending behavior of the playerbase has been used as justification for pretty much any business decision the pox devs make. if they are making money they must be doing something right. players don't like powercreep? then why do expansions that don't have as much not sell as well? I heard that argument from sok many times. players perceive the game as in decline but lets face it, its been around for about 10 years now and sok describes it as 'successful'. i know harby owners don't like the fact that their value diminishes over time but whats that to the devs? its not like youre going to stop playing and paying. harb owners especially are too invested in the game to just walk away. and if they lose 100 scrub players who cares as long as they have a few whales. its all about the money. if you really want them to listen to you, you have to vote with your wallet. you can cry on the forums too if you like, but how has that been working for you?

7. Pedeguerra

Pedeguerra I need me some PIE!

Just release Pox 2.0 already.
    "Poxnora 1.0" isn't going anywhere anymore, just admit it and move on.

8. Garuda51

Garuda51 Well-Known Member

What is "Pox 2.0" about? Is it gonna be a revamp? Collections aren't going to be wiped I hope?

9. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

It's not real, just what people are hoping for.

10. Ragic

im actually hoping some other company will rip pox off and make it the right way. and i hope they call it RuneCraft.

11. Bondman007

Bondman007 I need me some PIE!

And it will be on some lame crappy "f2p" model that will milk you for thousands just like every other game out there. Someone needs to break this supposed "f2p" junk and just get back to making good quality games and charging a premium for that.

12. Garuda51

Garuda51 Well-Known Member

Oligopolies corrupt everything. Kampf dem Kapital! Poxnora Devs, take the means of production back from your CEO! Blood on the walls!

*user has been banned*

SPiEkY likes this.
  13. themacca

themacca Master of Challenges

@Senshu so what happens if this doesn't reach the goal will the idea be scrapped and no rewards given? will it just take much longer to develop or what's the deal.

14. xezno

xezno I need me some PIE!

So with 65 hours left and 12k short, how am I suppose to get my harb now!?

15. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

Unfortunately with the levels not building on previous ones, people were probably less likely to take a chance. If it had been structured differently, I believe it would have been a success.

16. Senshu

Senshu Administrator Octopi

If that happens it will just mean some of the additional features we would like to get in for launch will be delayed. As for the rewards, some options are being looked into, and anyone who backed the project will be notified about what is decided.

17. themacca

themacca Master of Challenges

Regarding the rewards don't back out of the harb thing because of the people *****ing. note those people don't even play the game now anyway

badgerale likes this.
  18. Karamasov

Karamasov Lord of SL & Master of Challenges

Can we agree, that if 4 people have bought into the Harbinger tier and that they are not even sure to get them, it's not the end of the world?

Also you spelled Harbinger with an extra r in the Kickstarter campaign under includes... noobs ;)

Baskitkase and MaruXV like this.
  19. JaceDragon

JaceDragon I need me some PIE!

So how do i get my IS harb now?

20. MaruXV

MaruXV Corgi Lord of FW

You wait they decide to release it as legendary, or they make a new big event and give hards away as reward^^