Upgrades are going to be the death of this game

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Nebron, Apr 21, 2014.

1. Pathfnder

Pathfnder Devotee of the Blood Owl

It seemed to work in the octopi days. Base runes with option to upgrade with added nora cost. I often changed runes around to fit a specific bg. I know I enjoyed the game much more in those days.

Last edited: Apr 22, 2014
    RedDain likes this.
  2. Legato

Legato I need me some PIE!

Pretty much this. Arbitrary 'math' aside. The power in being able to deploy something you wouldn't have been able to a turn earlier is invaluable.
    I don't get why this came up at all though.

3. Thbigchief

Thbigchief I need me some PIE!

- What if we just made highlander mandatory? This opens up using champions in defined roles and more overall rune usage. If your going to go through all the trouble to revamp the runes, at least increase the chance of the work being utilized. Or if that's too drastic, maybe sprinkle more "unique" around or consider making Exo/leg/lim's all unique?

-And on swiss army knife champs, it's not the champs imo that are the problem its just properly costing such a champ. They should be "taxed" for their versatility.... like how in hearthstone it may cost X mana for a generic beater and Y mana for a tank... a card that can do both from Druid deck "should" cost X+Y +1... where the +1 is the versatility tax.

4. only

only Active Member

well, card advantage is everything in Hearthstone and that versatility druid offers is virtually card advantag. also, as a rule, that versatility tax is so low, cards with it are better.

5. Thbigchief

- Yeah I would agree like in pox, hearthstone is also not "taxing" versatility effectively either. But the premise is ok, as long as it's not overdone...a couple swiss army champs are ok if it makes sense and is balanced.

6. only

only Active Member

did you see that idea by Sokolof about upgrades on deploy?

7. Thbigchief

- Yeah, I think it sounds fun...Im not sure it solves all the concerns people have. Just seems a lateral slide in gameplay, later instead of now but with more adaptability which is cool. Makes it like a "factory" feeling in RTS... get upgrades on map to set pace and resource management.

8. only

only Active Member

well, it would be exactly what druid does with "choose" mechanic. I mean if we could make such a system you choose 1 upgrade from 2.

but yes, as RedDain stated, (any) upgrade system has nothing to do with champions filling MANY roles.

9. Kimiz

Kimiz Active Member

I don't like the idea of in game upgrades at all.

It think it would make drawins even worse.

It would become easier to just spam a bunch of cheap champions, contest your opponent's fonts, then give them all of their upgrades with the extra nora.

10. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

I feel like you haven't read the thread.

Legato, DarkJello and KingJad like this.
  11. egami

egami Devotee of the Blood Owl

Will there be a movie? This reading stuff is tough. I blame the quality of my local library as a child.

12. RedDain

RedDain I need me some PIE!

You're so needy.

DarkJello likes this.