so what did I miss?

Discussion in 'Savage Tundra' started by calisk, Nov 29, 2016.

1. Tweek516

Tweek516 I need me some PIE!

Yup, comes into play with 0cd (pretty sure).

2. calisk

calisk I need me some PIE!

are ghosts not a thing anymore?

your decks had no magic damage so not sure what you'd do to stop a disturbing spirit or pedobear. assuming they still exist, 25% damage was never enough to stop the hoard of fw ghosts they used to toss at us.

Last edited: Dec 1, 2016
  3. Tweek516

None of them are my bgs btw

But only ghost really about are SotM. That champ is everywhere atm though so I would include some magic dmg

4. Goyo

Goyo I need me some PIE!

HA! It made me smile...

5. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

I've already explained this so many times, but he keeps pretending that there is NO reason.
    1. Because Possession cliff-dive requires significantly more technical work to fix
    2. Possession cliff diving was supposed to come at the same time as KB Cliffdiving, but ran into challenges, so it got postponed but there was no reason not to rollback the KB Cliff diving change
    3. KB Cliff Diving was an easy fix from the tech side, since the solution already existed with normal knockback
    4. KB Cliff Diving was also far more prevalent in the meta than Possession Cliff-diving (which is almost never played now)

Etherielin likes this.
  6. calisk

Any reason psychological warfare was changed.

Is their any relevance for fear to the yeti theme anymore?

7. Tweek516

All hunter abilities were nerfed.

8. Goyo

Goyo I need me some PIE!

And Psycho Warfare turned out being impractical and underpowered compared to anything else.

9. JellyBerry

JellyBerry Forum Royalty

Percent based abilities (the majority) were both toned down and given raw number values along with a cost reduction.

You can still proc fear via unspeakable, abominable (if stealth so a bit rare), fearsome hunter and frightening blows which you can accompany by psychological warfare hits but it mostly depends on how keen you're on heretics and their long term adaptive play.

No, no it isn't. It's still 4 raw damage with an additional effect on a 6-7 ranged unit that grows over time and is fairly quick at it taking into consideration champion cost in yeti decks.

Tweek516 likes this.
  10. calisk

psychological warfare was amazing back then it was just hard to proc since fw was immune, prestiege countered, and it was over all hard to pull off in the theme.

but the hits were devastating

honestly for the above mentioned reasons i'm glad to see yeti's get away from fear( only one non yeti still has psych), now if we can just get the some of the other st themes away from frozen so mirrors don't shut us down i'll be happy.

regardless it was literally the only proactive advantage to all the fear in the yeti theme, without it I don't see much point to it all.

Last edited: Dec 4, 2016
  11. Goyo

Goyo I need me some PIE!

This is not an issue anymore :)

12. calisk

that's good news

13. Orubus

Orubus Devotee of the Blood Owl

Does halberd bypass arrow eater?

14. Tweek516

15. Orubus

Orubus Devotee of the Blood Owl

Then why does it get run so much? Seems like a one trick pony rune

16. Tweek516

Counters scrapper, any dodge/block, any evasive/reflexes, blinded etc. Great rune even before precision was buffed.

17. GemmaXylia

GemmaXylia Forum Royalty

just re: the mention of stealth not being changed before that's not quite true. Abilities that cause the stealth condition (things like cloak, flash bomb) now apply a duration so the stealth isn't permanent. Not huge but toned stealth down a bit :)

Goyo and Tweek516 like this.
  18. calisk

well that's good to know lol.

i'd of been hella confused when my guy just stopped being stealthed heh.