Your Favorite UD Rune

Discussion in 'Underdepths' started by TeaNinja, Nov 29, 2016.

1. TeaNinja

TeaNinja I need me some PIE!

Welcome, share your favorite UD Champ, Spell, Relic, Equip and why they're your favorite here. Or you can just share your overall favorite rune. I'll start.

Champ: Goblin Spellkaiser- fun abilities and neat sprite.
    [​IMG]

Spell: Votaev's Grasp - I love the concept, and it's a very underrated spell

Relic: Greifbearer's Fountain - I love running my champ in circles around the fountain collecting blood.

[​IMG]
    Equip: Cloak of Long Knives - Very solid equipment, and it also encourages some interesting interactions with some champions.

Last edited: Nov 30, 2016
  2. SireofSuns

SireofSuns I need me some PIE!

Champ: Flowing Ember - She's the only Deep Elf who's not deep, but that's okay because she's hot. She also has some nice assets in a heated environment. (Am I a dead man yet?).

Spell: Acrid Smoke - It's one of the most utilitarian spells in UD, and it still does damage. Fairly underused.

Relic: Head of Osarius - When I first saw the art, I thought it was a champion. Now I just like popping one down for a special surprise.

Equip: Hekatian Blood Draught - Mostly for the flavor text (hehe, I see what they did there), but it also reminds me somewhat of the idea of Viking Berserks drinking dangerous drugs before battle. It's also fairly useful in UD, slap it on a champ about to be surrounded and beat the s**t out of anything that gets too close.

19madfox95 and TeaNinja like this.
  3. SPiEkY

SPiEkY King of Jesters

Champ: Pox Harbinger - Sue me.

Spell: Retribution - Besides being one of (if not the) best Avatar-Kill spells in the game, it's so in the spirit of UD that you almost feel the heat of Sheoul when you cast it.

Relic: Ruby Catalyst - I feel like this rune is criminally underrated, but apart from that, it's so much fun to use.

Equip: Widowmaker - I've mostly replaced this in my decks with Avarice, but the surprise factor of an extra attack out of nowhere is great.

Qucas, 19madfox95 and TeaNinja like this.
  4. OriginalG1

OriginalG1 I need me some PIE!

champ:[​IMG](just has always been gangster as it gets.)
    spell: Demolish (omg firking relics)
    relic: [​IMG](i suck at using sacrifice so i can use this)
    Equipment: sword of shadows or thunder axe, can not decide. (sword of shadows is just a funny swarm maniac and can be dropped as relic witch is usefull for mass swarm. Thunder axe is great surprise range damage, goes onto cool down when tossed, annoying to kill with melee, and can be picked upped and tossed again.[thunder axe also give equipped champ dap damage if attacked])
    favorite hero:[​IMG](she is just a Bad Mama Jama, i almost never use her though) jyx & zoalot are much more playable.

Last edited: Nov 30, 2016
    TeaNinja, 19madfox95 and guokamoli54 like this.
  5. MEATMAN

MEATMAN Forum Royalty

Champ: Deep elf fanatic because manic

relic: warbanner I really don't use many relics

spell: price of victory/mandate of sheoul small boost and big damage

equip: demon shield because Firk range

6. badgerale

badgerale Warchief of Wrath

[​IMG]
    also Maxx, Goblin King, DE Assassin, PoV, Goblin Cropsick, Sacrifice, Arthropod Frenzy

OriginalG1, TeaNinja and 19madfox95 like this.
  7. 19madfox95

19madfox95 I need me some PIE!

Champ: Deel elf Assassin, because she was one of the free runes when I started playing it and she assassinated my young teenager heart many times.
    [​IMG]
    Spell: Blood Exchange, just love to play with it

Relic: Mindslicer obelisk, don't really use it, just looks cool!
    [​IMG]

Equip: Cloak of Long Knives - Cloaks are cool!

Split-UD champ: Just really love the idea of a monster like this who eats your dreams. (only writing now I realised the Krueger similarities... I am dang slow)
    [​IMG]

OriginalG1, guokamoli54 and TeaNinja like this.
  8. Fentum

Fentum I need me some PIE!

Champ: pincushion - all time good guy. Ruby crawler gets a nod too.

Spell: shatter. Always first rune in any BG

Equip: demon shield or tinderbox in a fire deck

Relic: orb of protection. So many uses!

Eg. A pincushion with a tinderbox sitting by an orb in a font is a nice guy to have.

OriginalG1 and TeaNinja like this.
  9. NevrGonaGivUup

NevrGonaGivUup I need me some PIE!

Pit dragon, shadow, hekatian fleshgrinder, and cloak of long knives.

TeaNinja likes this.
  10. SPiEkY

SPiEkY King of Jesters

ow

Qucas and OriginalG1 like this.
  11. IronStylus

IronStylus I need me some PIE!

Screenshot from 2016-12-04 04:22:11.png
    Every aspect of his design is a piece of art I respect totally

MogaBait and TeaNinja like this.
  12. SireofSuns

I can't imagine that tunic is comfortable on his tail. How does he get his tail through that every morning? My sense of practical fashion is displeased.

Qucas, Tweek516, Fentum and 1 other person like this.
  13. TeaNinja

TeaNinja I need me some PIE!

Never thought of it like that but you're right. That is ridiculous lol.

14. badgerale

badgerale Warchief of Wrath

Your eyes right, it would also fray really badly around the tail hole.

15. Tweek516

Tweek516 I need me some PIE!

Always loved maxx. Probably one of the best designed champs in the game.

Slencer, Qucas, TeaNinja and 3 others like this.
  16. NevrGonaGivUup

NevrGonaGivUup I need me some PIE!

His attack animation is the best in the game- just casually snapping his fingers to explode someone.

Slencer, Qucas, TeaNinja and 2 others like this.
  17. SireofSuns

He represents the player base. Sitting in a chair making his minions work for him. He even summons champions from the runedock.

Qucas, Tweek516, TeaNinja and 2 others like this.
  18. Agirgis1

Agirgis1 Forum Royalty

Ireguard.png
    Vothsair Ireguard, not a rune I ever run.... But it reminds me of when I first started being a UD player I really could not afford much runes and was always running the cheapest rune I could find.... I remember so clearly vothsair ireguard was 80k in poxportal, way out of my reach... it had just released too, so demand was high.
    It just looked so damn cool, I would have done anything to get it.... years of trading-sharking/playing later Vothsair Ireguard x2 was saved for one of the last pieces I added to my UD collection.

fogandsteel, Skybloom, Fentum and 3 others like this.
  19. Slencer

Slencer The King of Potatoes

Deep elf summoner
    Great support with summon imp and invigorate and also having good dmg
    She's just a little bit expensive but if one takes invigorate 1 its fine
    Also great Art imo

TeaNinja and Tweek516 like this.
  20. themacca

themacca Master of Challenges

Maxxarek for sure. My favorite UD deck i always try and build around it adding a ton of relocation (which does wonders for late game UD).
    Honorable mention to Sheoul Magus for that badass art, his awesome design and ability synergy and the fact that he's one of like 4 pure demons in the game.
    My favorite spell is sacrifice cause it's awesome to punish people so hard for failing to kill a unit and it makes recycling and trading super easy.
    My favorite relic is fire ruby, just cause i remember how i used to set things ablaze with things like demon lich. then drop a fire ruby next to it for massive damage
    And sue me my favorite equip is demon shield.