Please stop advertising The Ronin...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by kagebunshn, Apr 24, 2014.

1. kagebunshn

kagebunshn I need me some PIE!

You guys have said you are doing the revamp before you release the new content. You've been advertising The Ronin as 'coming soon' for a couple months now. I got an e-mail from a green explaining there was no expected release date yet, only that they would announce a release date eventually, after the revamp. If that is the plan, then so be it. However, falsely giving people hope that there is new stuffs 'soon' is kinda mean, and ticks people off. Coming soon does not mean what you think it does. 3 months is almost a whole business quarter, almost a full semester of college. That is like starting summer classes, then getting an announcement 2 weeks later about 'fall classes starting soon.' Not cool! Pretty sure I'm not the only 1 that is checking the site daily for into on the revamp, and feeling a little crushed every time we see that little Ronin banner with the awesome art scroll by saying coming soon, when really it is not.

I personally think that is a bad marketing decision, because you already have to re-do those runes(presumably). If they come out after the big revamp, people will already have just gotten a couple thousand 'new' runes to be learning how to use, which will drastically lower interest in the new content. The meta will have to be re-learned, and nobody will know if packs are worth buying for a while.

If the set is released first following your new power-creep guidelines, it will have people interested. People will get to experience the 'nerfs' on a smaller scale before the rest kick in, and the set will be much easier to evaluate against itself in terms of power level, instead of thousands of runes. People won't be overloaded on 're-done' content, so there is likely to be interest in the new stuff, even if it seems less powerful overall right now. This gives you valuable capital early on, and lets people get used to what is coming. Also, it gives you a chance to hear good feedback from people and make adjustments if necessary on a much smaller scale.

KingJad likes this.
  2. egami

egami Devotee of the Blood Owl

3. egami

[​IMG]

Goyo likes this.
  4. egami

[​IMG]

Goyo likes this.
  5. egami

Ohhhhh. Don't show advertisements. My bad. Devs...please use this instead.....

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 24, 2014
    Goyo likes this.
  6. only

only Active Member

they could start leaking some artworks from that expansion...

7. DarkJello

DarkJello I need me some PIE!

That was quite the dissertation.

Apparently he feels you be advertising too early. Did I miss anything?

8. crisian

crisian Member

yeah, the waiting is getting pretty old...

9. DarkJello

DarkJello I need me some PIE!

In other words:

[​IMG]

10. egami