Play a new faction.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by themacca, Dec 11, 2016.

1. themacca

themacca Master of Challenges

This is my encouragement to everyone who is currently playing pox. Likewise for those who aren't because they're "bored".

2 expansions ago, i played nothing but FW and was incredibly bored of this game. And ready to quit in fact even announced that i wasn't going to play again until the midterm released. (which was conveniently announced for the weekend i quit several hours later) After that i made the decision to not play FW exclusively, as of then i now have at least 2 BG's in every faction and my enjoyment of poxnora has improved signifcantly.

On 1 end this will give everyone a new experience for now to play around with improve and on top i think this will help to reduce the rampant faction bias that goes on in this game. It will give everyone the chance to play the things they complain about from other factions, maybe even come to understand that they aren't as auto win as they claim (people come play FW please??) or they might even learn to counter these things so it's both your enjoyment and your ability as a player that stands to benefit from this.

So to everybody who reads this by all means go through the checklist look for a BG you could make from another faction. trade in your comfort BG for that new BG and talk about what it's like to play a new faction.

2. GoldTiger

GoldTiger I need me some PIE!

Surely we could have a sponsor a BG program (as I don't really have the rune pool to be donating points to PB every other week) where you trade your BG 1:1 with another BG of 'approximately' the same value and at the end you trade your deck back. I trust most people here to do the right thing.

I'm looking to trade my FS collective BG (will post if needed since I don't want to brick my ranked play) for an:
    IS dwarfs
    SL Meta/Drag
    UD Meta
    ST Beast
    SP Meta

These are the only BGs I struggle against (or perhaps their players as well). Probably only 'surprising' one is IS dwarfs (given the recent thread) to most people so that's the one I would like to play most since I'm fairly certain they are better than most of the other decks on that list.

Also preferable would the BG + any potential swaps so I could change it easier.

Last edited: Dec 12, 2016
    IronStylus likes this.
  3. Skeezick

Skeezick Forum Royalty

this is just plot by macca to make everyone play bad decks so he can win more....

TeaNinja likes this.
  4. guokamoli54

guokamoli54 I need me some PIE!

I would highly suggest for ppl to switch things up. Way back in the day when i started playing i was mainly playing FS and FW but now i have multiple BGs for every faction and still enjoy this game after all these years!

5. Valkyr

Valkyr The King of Potatoes

Well poxnroa is a "card collection game". You usually begin focusing on one faction and try the others once you have more cards or begin to be bored yes.

6. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

No

SPiEkY likes this.
  7. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

On a serious note, learning other factions or themes is a huge help in learning the game. When an opponent deploys a unit, not needing to check the card to see what it does will free up a lot more time to be thinking about your own turns.

Personally I prefer watching matches instead of playing the factions themselves. Preferably with other people to discuss things as they happen. It takes much longer than just playing but learning to analyze other peoples matches can help you analyze your own. The sooner people learn how to figure out why they lose instead of blaming the losses on the runes the quicker your enjoyment of the game will improve.

8. GoldTiger

GoldTiger I need me some PIE!

Pretty much what I do with the stalking/messaging peeps on why they do what. On another note always useful to have https://poxbase.com/ and http://s-qpoxdb.rhcloud.com/ up.

Also playing a high quantity of games allows you to refine your play greatly. Simple I know but going from many SIMPLE mistakes a game to only 'tough' mistakes can really improve your play. So many people make mistakes and they most likely don't even know it.