Hearthstone(again)

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Alakhami, Apr 25, 2014.

1. Alakhami

Alakhami I need me some PIE!

I remember you guys talking about the game before, but I saw it in the app store a few days ago, decided to give it a shot. Does anyone still play it? If yes, I challenge you!

2. Alakhami

3. Rockhopper

Rockhopper Well-Known Member

Been meaning to try out the new app but think I'll hold off until they release their single player expansion. Played a ton of the beta

4. Greysands22

Greysands22 I need me some PIE!

I honestly just tried this game on a whim the other day. It's really fun.

It has a great NUX that's for sure. I gave them $10. US servers here though. Fun game, I seem to dislike going first though. Extra cards and the coin are pretty nice.

5. Pedeguerra

Pedeguerra I need me some PIE!

I still play it on a semi daily basis, have never spent a dime and really close to forging my Ragnaros without never disenchanting anything. I´m trying to build up a collection, and so far it looks good.
    I really dig Hearthstone, it´s my #2 game after Pox, even though its very simplistic.

6. Ragic

Ragic I need me some PIE!

its the most p2w tcg ive ever played, and yet I play rank daily as a f2p player. imo f2p is the only way to play games like that. your account basically is your character, and the cards you get is the loot you find and how you lvl up. jumping right to the end game kills a majority of the fun imo. yes, ill be happy when I can add a tirion to my paladin deck, but honestly, I wouldn't want to add more legs than that. I like thematic decks, and despise efficiency good stuff decks. The playerbase is large enough and the matchmaker good enough that I can find a fair match in ranked easily. Its the casual room where you can face the crazy stuff (which is fun too, sometimes).

7. only

only Active Member

the game is very expensive and free-to-play at the same time. it's probably one of the best casual TCG around. it made a wonderful work to introducing TCG to different players. it was like a bridge to more deeper TCG.

the game would go nuts if they handled legendary tier more properly and removed/reworked some of the extremely absurdly and unreasonable RNG based effects.

persons behind Hearthstone are insane. they noticed that the best model for game to keep is to be between competitive and casual. think about LoL and DotA2. DotA is superior game to LoL, but it's not that easy for new players. so even if it's competitive scene is miles away from League, it still suffers with lower playerbase/weaker prize pools etc.

Hearthstone knows that at the moment they can please both sides: competitive and casual at their best. if they removed all those random effects, they would improve comptitive scene for the price of casualness. they're not going to do that. it's the very smart middleground.

don't get me to start on their bussiness model. free-to-play, but also absurdly expensive. it follows the same pattern to please casual and competitive. you won't work around for that since there is no trading system. any streamer will show you how you can go nuts and get free cards on daily basis by skyrocketing in arena, but it's not like that.

Hearthstone already made its history as a game. so much things they brought/introduced to gaming industry (not from the perspective of gameplay though).

8. Ragic

yep, the p2w'ers and the f2p'ers live in harmony in hearthstone, but not in pox. why? because pox has trading and hearthstone does not. Which btw was the thing holding back diablo 3. Once they took out the auction house, the game got good again.

Last edited: Apr 25, 2014
  9. Boozha

Boozha I need me some PIE!

Random, not interested.

10. Alakhami

Perhaps trading brings the sharks, the people that rip off crazy amounts(stares at michaelleo) and all the other stuff.

11. GabrielQ

GabrielQ I need me some PIE!

I am a successful f2p'er in poxnora?

12. Ragic

congrats. youre an army of one.

13. GabrielQ

No, there are others, the thing here is that you cannot base your points on false assumptions

14. viktorino

viktorino Member

at least army of 2, counting 2 harbs, chtaria sixul 6 angels 4 doomies 13 useless renovator (all traded, i have no alts) and almost anything valuable on fs and lot of ks..

15. Ragic

im sure its an army of whatever the current playerbase is. still not enough.

16. GabrielQ

has nothing to do with the f2p model or trading.

17. Ragic

that is incorrect

18. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

it's incredibly boring once you get to know the game

once you reach mid to high ranks every faction gets predictable to some extend and it's mostly about draws and lucky outplays

Baskitkase likes this.
  19. Boozha

Boozha I need me some PIE!

I didn't play one ranked game and it got boring. A good mage hand and I'd roll my face on the keyboard with great success. A bad hand and the game was decided from the beginning. Way worse than even in my mist valley deck with 2x Attack Mode Stardust Dragon.

20. Loyaute

Loyaute I need me some PIE!

I dunno if I'm gonna keep playing it. Dumped some money on it early on and had a great time. Not so much now.

only likes this.