Leak

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Sokolov, Dec 12, 2016.

1. SireofSuns

SireofSuns I need me some PIE!

I'm just teasing, I wasn't trying to troll, I just thought it might be funny.

Nea likes this.
  2. SireofSuns

I have a cold atm, so I can't go for attrition, got to resort to my bag o' tricks.

3. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

If a leak is intentional, isn't it really a preview?

4. SireofSuns

Maybe Sok is getting lectured at this very moment on the folly in trying to please the player base.

5. Bondman007

Bondman007 I need me some PIE!

Complain about it now vs complain about it later. At least this way he gets it out of the way.

6. bambino

bambino I need me some PIE!

images.jpeg

sp losing emerald,, my world no longer makes sense. :(

7. Orubus

Orubus Devotee of the Blood Owl

Thank goodness, sp op

8. SireofSuns

I think you mean SotM.

i am the peaks.jpg

But seriously, SP aint that OP, it's some of the runes in their current states...

9. SireofSuns

SP players, if you REALLY need some form of spot cleanse, there' always Ferocity of Kain Taris. I know it kinda sucks for actually cleansing stuff when you want it to be cleansed, but... It kinda works.

Also, Bunny Slug is nice. And cute. He's a decent font defender/contester, and he can move! Even if he can only cleanse one thing at a time... I hope Cleanse's cooldown gets reduced.

10. limone1981

limone1981 I need me some PIE!

Ferocity of Kain Taris is an SL spell.... and the Cd on cleanse is too damn high compared to various cleansing auras (see the Emerald)

11. Tweek516

Tweek516 I need me some PIE!

@calisk in pox things are strong if they are stronger than eveyerthing else. Nerf everything but 1 BG and that BG is suddenly amazing.

Let's say you were comparing the difference in wealth of a poor and rich person. Take away money from the poor person this difference increases. The rich person become more wealthy comparatively. I don't get how you don't understand this.

12. calisk

calisk I need me some PIE!

I don't know of any other way to explain my point, I mean I could but I doubt it would help any more the my last attempts.

I guess I'll put it this way...making split decks stronger would be like saying if you are using a split deck you can now use all ff heroes.

Suddenly they have access to more options the before and every split deck can perform better against all ff decks if they make use of that feature regardless of the opposing deck, alternatively they could get both factions ff bonus.

I hope you can see the difference between this and making a deck weaker, one makes a deck potentially better in all scenarios and one makes it better in a small subset where it matters and in this specific case I argue the amount of ff decks that needed dispel is small, although every deck imo needs cleanse so I suspect all split decks will perform a little better against all non ud and fw ff wrath bgs.

13. eSmokefish

eSmokefish Devotee of the Blood Owl

Is the Mason changes somewhere on that LIST FOR ANTS. They better be, Sok, or I'll be making a ruckus.

A CACOPHONY OF WRENCHES AND GROBLES TO BE PRECISE.

NevrGonaGivUup likes this.
  14. IronStylus

IronStylus I need me some PIE!

Make splits prot and wrath only! in the future of course.

15. Tweek516

Tweek516 I need me some PIE!

@calisk

Maybe I phrased it badly. FF bgs are being nerfed by this change.

Splits aren't affected by this change (a lot of the time).

Therefore splits will perform better.

16. bambino

unless ones building a racial theme, as opposed to dam type or mechanic, ,
    splits come out on top.

many measures are based on relativity.
    for instance if u have 10 children 4' tall, and one child is 5' tall then that child roughly 1' above the average..
    if u swap out those 10 children at 4' and replace them with children at 3',,, then the 5' child is roughly 2' above the average,,
    he didnt get physically taller , but he is much taller now then the avg. no?

Tweek516 likes this.
  17. calisk

calisk I need me some PIE!

yep and I don't disagree with this point. on average this will allow some split decks to perform better then some FF decks.( essentially wrath/proct splits against FF decks that had access to both mechanics before ).

now the reason it's important to make the distinction is because making a broad statement like "splits just got stronger" leads to nerf suggestions like "don't allow splits to have wrath/proct splits" this is a massive broad nerf to all splits that stems from a minor nerf to a few FF decks.( well minor unless you lost cleanse )

another thing is since imo losing cleanse is worse then losing dispel, then wrath FF decks got relatively weaker then proct FF decks.

18. bambino

absolutely
    cleanse> dispel by far.

dispel can definitely come in handy,, but its far more situational then cleanse,,
    and if given the choice between having one or the other, cleanse all day.
    the idea of only prot getting cleanse and wrath dispel only is wrong imo.
    bad move .
    I understand the idea of the whole flavor thing...but this is not the way to go.

19. IronStylus

IronStylus I need me some PIE!

cleanse = dispel for my playstyle. I don't feel the need of having either more than another. just wanted to say

20. bambino

I wouldnt agree,, especially in a game of tactics. ..for starters balance wise...
    now dont get me wrong,, flavor is important.
    yet having access to similar things is not the problem, ,, more then how its achieved. especially for general abilities.
    for instance:
    a priest would heal,
    while a dark priest would also heal,, but probably taking health from another (friendly) champ and giving that health to intended champ...
    both can heal,, just different ways of doing it..
    removing heal from one champ and allowing another to keep it in the name of flavor...hmmm I don't know.