Forsaken Wastes Winter Patch of 2016

Discussion in 'Forsaken Wastes' started by Senshu, Dec 15, 2016.

1. SireofSuns

SireofSuns I need me some PIE!

So you're saying there's hope for a DMZ (2)?

2. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

Those were literally the exact words that I used.

SireofSuns likes this.
  3. DiCEM0nEY

DiCEM0nEY I need me some PIE!

9 nora cost reduction, might be strong now in a skelly rush deck.

SireofSuns likes this.
  4. DiCEM0nEY

skeletons did not get **** on hard. Remember that surge skelly was the only one untouched, according to the notes. Also worth mentioning that tomblord has boost now (meaning you almost never run out of boost / surge options) and snuff.

SireofSuns likes this.
  5. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

Bonecrusher isn't a skeleton.

6. DiCEM0nEY

yup, was thinking of bonemauler LOL

7. DiCEM0nEY

Anyways, on topic, I think skeletons got a little of what they actually needed, in exchange for late game power. The problem with skellys isnt that they aren't strong late game, its that they can't make it to late game because they need multiple pieces to be effective. Now they can contest multi fonts, since surge works on the entire map. Things like bonewing can also be deployed earlier, and make use of fear. Ill admit, the boneshredder nerf will hurt, but realsitcally, you can just swap him out for a second bone ele and u won't notice the differnce. Most of the time, i end up putting cloak of skulls on lerpers bonewings or whatever anyways. I think there is alot of strength to be explored with new skellys.

8. Zorack

Zorack I need me some PIE!

How many of Boost options do you actually need? 2 was always enough for me. I don't think losing +2 DMG and +2 DEF on your units just to have a new source of Boost and Fear 3 is that worthwhile of a trade. Boneshredder nerf seems like it will hurt a lot, Bonemine got nerfed too; but I think most people saw those coming. Well, on the bright side Tormented Priest got Soften.

Is Snuff that good of a spell? Never ran it before.

9. themacca

themacca Master of Challenges

snuff isnt good.

stop running bonewing

Run 2 tomb lords with summon rank 3 and boost

10. ghklf

ghklf I need me some PIE!

I don't understand why you keep Warding option for Dark Knight.

Its Lich-born ability clearly says "This unit cannot be the target of spells." It already has Warding anyway.

Or is there special effect that Warding provides? Correct me if I am wrong.

11. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

Second form.

DiCEM0nEY likes this.
  12. ghklf

ghklf I need me some PIE!

Thanks!

13. DiCEM0nEY

I was more referring to the soften being on tormented priest (who i still run 2x of, 1 with boost) and a TL with boost. If I run 2x TL, ill replace one of my bone mines with another graveyard, but right now, I seem to prefer the more safe approach.

14. DiCEM0nEY

I'm going to try out 1x now. Elsari reaper got a huge buff, it might actually make him useable with render.

Fear 3 on bone wing is strong, because nothing will be able to touch him, and you put a bone circle staff on him for uber tankiness.

Well, boneshredder got nerfed hard, but he's still useable. Once you put a bonecloak on him, he will be a bit stronger vs heavy hitters now. Bone Cloak can still go on lerpers or w.e in the mean time ( I never put 2x cloaks/shredder in my deck, so this nerf isn't going to affect me as heavily...im noob, didnt want to waste shards to test)

snuff can at least dish out some much needed CC against other factions. Since it only has a nora cost of 15 after the refund, there won't be an effective way to cleanse it most of the time.

here is my current deck. Skellieschristmas.PNG

15. Elric

Elric I need me some PIE!

Added the nerfs that you pointed out to my list. Thanks!

16. vipoid

vipoid I need me some PIE!

RIP my Deafening Aura deck.

17. DiCEM0nEY

No sympathy from me. Besides, you should be welcoming Nerf's to sonic elemental at any opportunity.

This patch hit FW pretty hard. Skellies are more or less the same strength as before. However, bonewing isn't that good anymore, and bone shredder also is a bit too expensive.

Elsari reaper is great however. Xulous got a decent hit with the drain Nerf.

Baron shouldn't have gotten surge. His unique passive is support oriented. Better to give surge to boneshredder, or maybe necromancer (she is slow enough so it wouldn't be as OP). Giving it to Baron just makes him snowbally, which the changes aimed to cut down on.

Snuff is decent, Imo. Instant CC for 15 Nora. Great versus KF.

Revert chopping block Nerf imo. It's not any worse than maddening echos, or any high damage spell which gives unseen damage.

Last edited: Dec 30, 2016