How important is detection now that jab destealths have gone?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Fentum, Dec 18, 2016.

1. Fentum

Fentum I need me some PIE!

Working out the kinks with the new update. Had a nice BG with several jabs mainly to finish champs but also as pseudo detect. Played against a spider stealth deck. Won handily, but was a bit worried when a stealthed Broodmother was heading towards me 'somewhere'.

Any thoughts on a renaissance for detect?

Last edited: Dec 18, 2016
  2. saromon50

saromon50 I need me some PIE!

I don't have anything productive to say, except that I shuddered a bit when you said "stealthed Broodmother"... That sounds terrifying...

Fentum likes this.
  3. themacca

themacca Master of Challenges

I am still not massively concerned about stealth. There's plenty of options for global Damage or nearest enemy damage outside of jab

4. TeaNinja

TeaNinja I need me some PIE!

I include detection, or at least Provision: Utility in every deck.

You will want detection especially against ST, the new spell Breath of L'usaria is aoe5 ice terrain + domain: artic + hidden artic. And the domain and hidden are permanent. If you don't have detection vs ST (and trust me every deck is going to run this spell), then you will probably lose.

Also, Thorn Trap, Rock Trap, and Bog Trap are in a lot of decks. Landmines, Bone Traps, etc.

Last edited: Dec 18, 2016
  5. Braxzee

Braxzee I need me some PIE!

ST had hidden arctic permanent before and still has it with out the spell. Another counter is changing the terrain as well. Psychic ping AOE spells X dmg type greetings etc... The best stealth units are in UD with murk demon and the only way to detect is detect.

6. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

"Best" is not a word that should be coupled with Murk Demon in any capacity.

Etherielin, Fentum, saromon50 and 2 others like this.
  7. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

As for thread topic -- don't really care about running detection options. I have one Detection champ in FW Junk just to suss out font contests and avoid running around in circles, but other than that, don't care. Eye of Serkan just happens to come with it.

Etherielin, Fentum and Silfeed like this.
  8. TeaNinja

TeaNinja I need me some PIE!

This isn't a nerf ST thread, so you don't need to defend it. But that spell is x1 auto in any ST bg. What spell are you referencing though? Because I doubt it's anywhere near the power of Breath.

9. Silfeed

Silfeed I need me some PIE!

Like its been said, at least 1 champ with detect is usually enough. Even when I did use dreamcrusher, I still had a detect in that deck. Having to deploy a 60-70 nora champ just to detect something was never appealing to me.

10. Braxzee

Braxzee I need me some PIE!

ST has the arctic hidden ability on some champs. You can instant stealth with winter shroud

11. Fentum

Fentum I need me some PIE!

In summary, seems about the same as before update. Generally run one stealth champ with additional utility. Favourites are eye of serkan, Hyaenid shrink guy, and deep elf scout or Bok warden depending on your level of aggression...

12. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

Yeah, I don't know of any decks other than SP mixes that relied enough on Jabs for much of anything for the Jab->Sabo conversion to cut into detection options, so it staying the same sounds about right.

Fentum likes this.