Fox News Alert

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Ragic, Dec 19, 2016.

1. Ragic

Ragic I need me some PIE!

Trump wins.

And so does democracy.

God bless America.

Baskitkase, SPiEkY and DarkJello like this.
  2. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

Again, did anyone actually think something else was gonna happen?

The only people I heard talk about this were the right wingers who got scared into thinking it was a thing and now feel really good about themselves while in reality, nothing happened.

3. Ohmin

Ohmin Forum Royalty

Dunno about thinking something else would happen, but I'm know many people hoped something else would happen and discussed the possibility.

So... sort of?

I don't think you're likely to get the full show unless you live among the US "left" though, so I don't blame you for thinking the way you do.

@Ragic Fox News? Meh... now I'm inclined to not believe it as "fake news."

DarkJello likes this.
  4. Ragic

Don't hate on Fox News. We need at least one news outlet that doesn't try to cheat the primary process.

Last edited: Dec 19, 2016
  5. StormChasee

StormChasee The King of Potatoes

Today made it official.

DarkJello likes this.
  6. SireofSuns

SireofSuns I need me some PIE!

That's not biased at all.

Fox "News" may have been turned into a festering hive (many, many years ago it was one of the most reputable news stations), and it often says dumb things, but often enough to surprise me, they say something that's true or good.

And let's be honest, the left "news" stations all work together in cohesion, so it's basically all the same entity anyway. I prefer independent journalism now to almost anything else. All the mainstream stuff is so corrupt now.

SPiEkY and DarkJello like this.
  7. DarkJello

DarkJello I need me some PIE!

Electoral College Vote Seals Trump White House Victory

Dec 19 2016, 7:36 pm ET

@BurnPyro (The journalist that wrote this article "forgot" to mention all the death threats).

Anti-Trump protesters descended on state capitols throughout the U.S. in a last-ditch effort to persuade so-called "faithless electors" in states Trump won to change their vote. Many of the Republicans casting ballots said they were inundated with calls and emails urging them to dump Trump.

And some electors did break with how their state voted, albeit in unexpected ways. In Washington, a state Clinton won by 16 points, the former secretary of state received just eight of the state's 12 electoral votes. Colin Powell received three votes and Native American tribal leader Faith Spotted Eagle received one as part of an effort to promote a candidate other than Trump.

http://www.nbcnews.com/politics/politics-news/electoral-college-vote-seals-trump-white-house-victory-n698026

Only a few ways for Trump to NOT be the POTUS now. Oh what a world!

8. st3ck

st3ck I need me some PIE!

Please everyone keep looking over here.

No we don't know anything about Julian Assange.
    No don't look at the Wikileaks or podesta emails.
    Definitely don't ask how the Clinton foundation investigation is going.
    Please don't notice that Trump is one of us and didn't drain the swamp.

Yesss yes that's right, your democracy is perfectly safe, see?

Oh wait sry, Russia is threatening your democracy! Let me see your war face!

9. SPiEkY

SPiEkY King of Jesters

lol @ Hillary losing more electoral votes than Trump

darklord48, Baskitkase and DarkJello like this.
  10. Ohmin

Ohmin Forum Royalty

Sure, but Fox News aint it. Also, I was mostly making a joke.

Let me put it this way, I hold Fox News in slightly higher regard than CNN or MSNBC, and probably slightly less than CBS News... and I don't really care for any of them.

I do think that Fox News has a few good programs, heck, I think CNN has a couple good programs as well, but the point is, I don't think people should praise Fox News as being the "only good news outlet" as it isn't really any better than most other outlets, left or right-leaning.

On a related note, I literally just saw on TV an ad asking the Electorate to not install Trump so... yeah... that's pretty hilarious from all sorts of angles.

DarkJello and SPiEkY like this.
  11. Ragic

I'm sorry, did I miss where Fox tried to influence the debates? Thought it was generally agreed Chris Wallace did the best job. or were you making another joke? If youre worried about the fascist left around here turning on you for giving props to Fox where due, I understand.

12. Ohmin

Ohmin Forum Royalty

Chris Wallace did to the best job... although that might not be saying too much in the long run (seriously though, I think he did a fine job). I have generally liked Chris Wallace's shows actually. But that's besides the point. Fox News has long been engaged in trying to shape opinion more so than reporting facts.

I have no doubt that they've done their job here in reporting the results (thus it being a bit of a joke to not trust them) but Fox News definitely has some issues. Including, I think outside of that one woman, having essentially discounted Trump and largely, while they were still seemingly viable, taking the side of Neo-Cons like Bush for being front-runners... as an example of attempts to shape opinion.

DarkJello likes this.
  13. DarkJello

QFTruth, cause it can set u free.

https://www.google.com/amp/heavy.co...ge-faithless-protest-votes/amp/?client=safari

Order of Electoral Votes, from most to least:

Trump
    Clinton
    Colin Powell
    Bernie Sanders
    (Two others tried to vote for Sanders).
    John Kasich
    (One, while wearing a Bernie shirt, tried to vote for John Kasich).
    Faith Spotted Eagle
    Ron Paul

2016, the election that keeps on giving. :)

SPiEkY likes this.
  14. Ragic

youre accusing Fox News of having editorial content? uh guilty I guess. at least they don't have their journalists doing it. guys like bill oriley and sean hanity are NOT news anchors. and shows like 'the 5' 'red eye' and 'outnumbered' are entertainment, not news. sigh. name one news source that doesn't have an editorial section or doesn't try to 'shape opinion'.

do you have a serious criticism of fox news or not?

15. DarkJello

Video proof that does NOT involve pure Righties. Boom! Truth. ;)

16. Dagda

Dagda Forum Royalty

i know of a bunch of people that were talking about trump getting stood up by the electors, but i don't think any of them seriously believed it would happen. more of a forlorn hope

DarkJello likes this.
  17. StormChasee

StormChasee The King of Potatoes

I noticed that too even though Trump electors faced considerable pressure if not intimidation to vote otherwise.

DarkJello likes this.
  18. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

yeah

ONLY Trump electors

19. DarkJello

Even the man in your avatar would admit that one set of electors was harangued and doxed a LOT more than the other.

SPiEkY likes this.
  20. Ragic

heads up lefties. ill be making another thread when the DOW hits 20k. go ahead and get your excuses ready. hopefully having time to think about it will result in better posts than you've managed in this thread. I mean really, its like youre not even trying anymore.