What if: DOG Announces Pox 2.0, sunset of Pox 1, you lose your collection

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by newsbuff, Dec 20, 2016.

1. newsbuff

newsbuff Forum Royalty

What if DOG discontinues Pox 1 to focus their resources on Pox 2.0 and you 'lose' your collection & have to start from scratch? Would you care? Would you expect Pox 1 players to get some sort of reward for their 'lost' collections?

For me, I wouldn't care if I had to start my collection over as long as the new game came out with a good starting pool of runes to play with. I don't mind investing in a new game. I also wouldn't expect any reward for supporting Pox 1, but it would be a nice gesture if we were given some permanent Original Gangster cosmetic award or something.

2. NevrGonaGivUup

NevrGonaGivUup I need me some PIE!

Pox 2 isn't going to happen ever.

3. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

I would hope that even if they stop developing Pox in favor of Pox 2, they keep the servers running for those that want to play Pox. I would certainly check out the new game, but given the limited amount of time I have for gaming lately, I tend to stick with games that have some nostalgia for me instead of playing new ones.

4. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

Pedeguerra likes this.
  5. Revengercm

Revengercm I need me some PIE!

I think if Pox 2.0 happens it would be mostly for graphical perspective. Maybe some features are added but the main thing stays there. Would be cool to see Poxnora at XCOM's graphics level.

SireofSuns and super71 like this.
  6. super71

super71 I need me some PIE!

I'd like to see pox incorporate more terrain stuff, like towers and walls and that sorta stuff.

Unit sitting in a tower gets +1 range, unit sitting behind a wall gets +1 ranged defense etc.

DonK101st likes this.
  7. SireofSuns

SireofSuns I need me some PIE!

A more XCOM like version of PoxNora would be interesting.

But... I've always wanted a PoxNora rpg game... I guess I could settle for using some D&D/Pathfinder rules wit my friends.

super71 likes this.
  8. Gaedel

Gaedel I need me some PIE!

I got rid of my whole collection except for IS once and I built it back up. I would probably do the same in Pox 2.0, but I'll probably regret it all the way.

9. Firk

Firk I need me some PIE!

If somone ever make a pox2.0, i can only ask for one thing to let ouer nicks pass over. I can allready see alott of griefing with nickstealing

10. Vorian

Vorian I need me some PIE!

Look all games need rotating metas to keep people interested in the game, that's the function of buffs and nerfs in Poxnora.

11. themacca

themacca Master of Challenges

Extremely irrelevant?

BurnPyro likes this.
  12. Vorian

Vorian I need me some PIE!

People want a new poxnora due to how the current game has so many runes most of which are not run.

13. LoganMkv

LoganMkv I need me some PIE!

To make runes being run you shouldn't do anything with the roster, you just need to create a motivation for playing them all.
    I've already suggested a very easy solution countless times - make bg selection random from a list of bgs you marked as ready, and rank gain dependent on amount of runes in this list, so if you want to have a decent rank you have to play all kinds of bgs.

14. Ragic

Ragic I need me some PIE!

im pretty sure youre safe

how bout instead of pox 2 they just delete everyones collection and start this game over with the first 3 expasnsions.

Queegon and Excalibur95 like this.
  15. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

So whats gonna prevent guys like me that play only one faction from ending up with a rank far below our skill level and then crushing new players?

16. Revengercm

Revengercm I need me some PIE!

Yes. 2D --> 3D sprites, maps, effects. Better and modern GUI. Only that. The rest should stay the same.

I know it would be hard for DOG but people would expect this game too look at least last gen with high res. I'm not complaining. I like it the way it is but the game looks like it was made 20 years ago. Maybe like in between playstation 1 and 2.

Again. I'm happy how it looks like and we shouldn't be talking about anything of this until we see how well the game is on the PS4.

17. LoganMkv

LoganMkv I need me some PIE!

The modifier is not supposed to be linear, and it's easy to configure so that running all runnable stuff from a single ff is enough to be competetive at any level.

18. Excalibur95

Excalibur95 I need me some PIE!

whats the point in collecting runes in this game?, all the speculation and people wanting pox 2 (hey its not good to listen to the herd who are probably hardly at all invested in this game in terms of runes or money)...

no official post from the devs on subject just makes me think dog is planning to screw us all over, make pox 2 and delete our entire accounts and runes, without dog actually going insolvent.

with rune prices soo high when bought from dog, frequent releases and expansions, they are asking for huge investments from us with no certainty of continuation. dog is asking us all to be loyal and buy from them, theyre very existence depends upon it, we are growing theyre company... but in return offer nothing, no guarantees.

DOG at least come out and say if there ever was a pox 2 that would kill pox 1 the existing players with collections of runes would be compensated in pox 2 fully. for example if we have complete 2x each rune in the first 12 expansions then give us the first 12 expansions in pox 2 (all runes x2, or more than x2 if we have more in pox 1) for free as and when they come out. anything else just screws us over and me and others will serious hate you and never come back.

dog you have been shown great loyalty from players, return it in kind, thx.

on the 3d pox 2 speculation, a nice idea but dog moan at art costs now (lol and stick us with high prices) going 3d would quadruple that, sure we may quadruple the playerbase at first but afterwards it will go down and likely become unsustainable... cheap 2d art is actually of benefit to this game, in keeping it alive. no one wants christmas runes to cost $80 each.

if pox 2 wont be 2d then theres no need for a pox 2, just update pox 1, redo it all and throw in some new ideas.

pox is a niche unpopular genre. it will never make it big.

Last edited: Dec 23, 2016
  19. Excalibur95

Excalibur95 I need me some PIE!

ive spent well over 5k on this game in a couple years, i buy more from players and the third party stores because dog rip us the fk off and do not offer the same availability of runes. i have still spent more than enough on expansions and events from dog.

i think i will stop collecting pox when given a choice of a digital worthless card for $20 in a game that may close up shop anytime (a card that cost the devs a one off fiver to create then they charge us all 20)... 8x2=16x20...

why would i choose that over a great complete like new boardgame for 25. or hunt for a steam game thats an all inclusive one off cost.

i still havent got every rune 2x, such is the investment needed in this game. i have been motivated to collect every rune at least 2x but every expansion the goal moves further away and i find it difficult to just keep up.

if i had invested in mtg at least you can swap your collection for physical cards, a guarantee and shows they dont screw players over. i realize dog cant do this but they could promise continuity unless they go insolvent and to guarantee our collections in pox 1 will be fully compensated for pox 2, no matter where we bought the runes from.

collectors seem to get screwed in this game.

Last edited: Dec 23, 2016
  20. themacca

themacca Master of Challenges

A one of fiver? how much do you suppose these artists who do these runes get paid?

No offence but, you're an idiot