All hail our new Owl Overlords and their beasty friends

Discussion in 'Sundered Lands' started by MovnTarget, Mar 12, 2014.

1. MovnTarget

MovnTarget Forum Royalty

As promised here is my beast deck as presently constituted.

Beasties.jpg
    http://poxbase.com/#!/deck/CiFCfChGCkTc7tC8LCoAc4+CaQCt2C1zs8os84s5ks73sHrPr2qrxe1le1F

It does get tweaked randomly if I run up against something a lot or if I arbitrarily feel like it.
    It could probably do without the skithmaw and with a second shrieker, but sometimes I really absolutely gotta have some stealth, and good ol' skithmaw is the best the beasts got.

I run a tainted statue cause I don't like dealing with lots of spells and I run my snogs with weaken aura to further deter aoe'ing my clumped up beasts. I do still run some spells as there are times when the need arises.

Also the owls are stupidly op and only 71 nora with a herder out.

2. Jib

Jib Better-Known Member

How is life without DB/Quicken and ing?

Is Croaks nothing more than a cheap font runner? That thing seems to do nothing.

Thoughts on RB?

I get the Drills but they always underperformed for me in the past but it's not like there's any good substitutes. Am I dumb for running Basilisks?

Backlash sticks out. Random spot removal or there's some op charge champ I'm not aware of?

3. TheNidhogg

TheNidhogg I need me some PIE!

I run very similar. Champwise,

-2 Crokadar Guardian, -1 Rolling Shrieker, -1 Snogvie (traded my second), -1 Varu Howler
    +2 Mounted Sauropod

I'd double up on Burning Sands and Dunewalker's Mantle, since Sand is so easy to come by. I don't think running Tainted Statue is optimal.

4. MovnTarget

MovnTarget Forum Royalty

I've been without DB/Quick in the primary BGs I run for some time and don't miss it much at all. It does require a slightly different playstyle than the traditional SL buildup then powerturn, repeat until everything is dead.

The croks are effective font runners, but they also can dish out a lot of damage and punish and resist phys allows them to lock down enemy melee effectively while not allowing the enemy to trade favorably.

I personally tend to use the mandrills for font harassment and general poop slinging harassment and keep them back until I'm sure I can get a kill.

The basilisks are perfectly viable, I had one in until I had to find room for my renovators, I just prefer the slightly cheaper melee stuff which is all vaguely tanky in some way or another.

And backlash is in there purely because I'm lazy and don't want to have to deal with random charge stacking hard to kill champ so drag drop dead is my easy brainless way to death that.

RB and Mantle would both serve a bg such as this quite well, and they may end up in the bg at some point, but it is largely through a great deal of trial and error that I get my bgs just where I like them.

And nid, we'll just have to agree to disagree on the statue. Personally I find it to be quite effective in a deck that can field enough sand to make dunewalker's mantles function as an equipable powerturn while at the same time punishing the bulk of bgs which tend to have a rather heavy reliance on their spell base.

5. GabrielQ

GabrielQ I need me some PIE!

I like it, do you need DGS and purge at the same time?

6. Jib

Jib Better-Known Member

You never have enough cleanse. I ran Valdac+Purge+DGS in everything.

7. TheNidhogg

TheNidhogg I need me some PIE!

So like I said, run 2 Mantles :|

8. Ravenhawker23

Ravenhawker23 New Member

I would like to know what you would run instead of the snogs.....i sadly cant afford 2 snogs, and definately not 1 snog... that also goes to show that i cannot afford x2 doomies, or even x1 doomie...what would you recommend to run over these 4 runes? Or if it would be better to split this type of bg with another faction if i cannot obtain these 4 runes?

9. GabrielQ

GabrielQ I need me some PIE!

You can try something like this:
    http://poxbase.com/#!/deck/$iFcfc7ZChGCkTC7tC8LchHCoAc4+cqic1zs84S7urPr2qrxe1lE2pE1F

10. HalfGodBro

HalfGodBro The King of Potatoes

or simply split with SP or SL or KF or UD...beast are everywhere :O also, split with ST too..or IS...wdqbduwqibfupqwf

11. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

I like the IS split for the Wings. They're beasts but also have the different sigils to bring more options to the table.

12. Lauremoon

Lauremoon I need me some PIE!

Sand spray is quite fun! :D
    What upgrades do you use on each champ?

13. Faust

Faust Devotee of the Blood Owl

14. Lauremoon

Lauremoon I need me some PIE!

Magic dmg rune dude, and what a rune! He's basically for Resistance Physical or Immune Physical threats.
    Thats one weak point of the BG; the only reliable damage is Physical...