Hungry Dead should be changed to cause Ensnared even without damage

Discussion in 'Forsaken Wastes' started by concealedweapon, Dec 25, 2016.

1. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

Does not do this, even if it looks like it.

SireofSuns and ghklf like this.
  2. Somnolence

Somnolence The King of Potatoes

I can see that there's no changing your mind because you're right, changing it in some way like making the damage LoL is a completely okay change, but there's no solid reason to do it. IS is just good against spell spams, but FW have enough LoL damage already.

The fact that it sticks around makes it a lot better than Chains of Corruption (I don't even see Witches use it). Having an effect that stays on the field creates a need for your opponent to move their champ(s) or else they will take a whooping 16 damage (non-IS champs) over the course of 4 turns. The lasting effect also make the spell worth using even if it's against one champ because it can slow it down A LOT, which is useful in many situations.

Desecration is still useful against IS because that faction have a lot of good relics with pretty high health. I think that spell is not used anymore because undeads are no long immune to disease damage.

I also use Grabby Hands in like every FW bg :D

SireofSuns likes this.
  3. ghklf

ghklf I need me some PIE!

Because there are about half witches that are not human. To me, Chains of Corruption kinda sucks when I run some undead melee witches like Archfiend, Elsari Siren and Experimental Warspirit.

4. SireofSuns

SireofSuns I need me some PIE!

Again, I would really just be happy to have the Ensnare not need damage, so that it has some use against IS (most of the other runes in the game that would not do damage to IS still get their effect, in fact I don't know of any off the top of my head that are completely useless against an entire faction.)

Yes, it is annoying that it isn't "witches" instead of "humans", but that does allow it to be in FW Humans & FW Witches.

Another way to change it would be to make it drain AP instead of doing damage or Ensnare.

DiCEM0nEY likes this.
  5. ghklf

You forgot Blight the Holy which is useless against four factions.

For Chains of Corruption, I would like to make it work for witches and humans, with the nerf of its basic effect.

6. SireofSuns

SireofSuns I need me some PIE!

Oh yeah, I almost forgot about that spell. Seriously, that spell is dumb.

??? Wat???

7. DiCEM0nEY

DiCEM0nEY I need me some PIE!

Can we just look at a rune, and say it SHOULD work versus a particular faction. Simple idea: you have a spell, when you cast it, there should be SOME effect. Versus IS, there is NO effect. If you are a beginner player, such as I, would you really think it is fun to have a spell not work against an entire faction at all?

Even blight the holy is more fun, since it is very thematic and lore based. Grabby hands is not fun when playing against IS at all, but it is supposed to have SOME sort of effect. It is not comparable to something like resistance frost versus a non frost deck, because a champion WILL have an effect on the game, even it is MUCH less than before.

The IS bonus would block 16 damage. That is having an effect. Blocking the grabby hands portion is not well designed.

@ALL OLDER PLAYERS

please look at the larger picture, and don't make the mistake of thinking "more complexity in design is always fun" because it isn't, simply put. I don't mean to insult anyone, but sometimes, players remind me of like the butt hurt ultra nerd sterotype that you see at table top game stores. I think sometimes vets could foster new ideas a bit better. I mean, I'll give everyone the benefit of the doubt and say that they genuinely did not understand why a spell which has no effect versus certain clans might be bad design, but I do know that we could all work on our egos a bit, myself included.

No grief intended, I actually enjoy the community very much. and find it very welcoming overall.

8. DiCEM0nEY

DiCEM0nEY I need me some PIE!

I think it only works on class witch ATM. It's interesting idea, since things like fallen hero exist.

9. ghklf

I mean Chains of Corruption should work for human AND witches.