FW Bonus

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Vorian, Jan 15, 2017.

1. calisk

calisk I need me some PIE!

since they hate their bonus, and the vast majority don't seem to mind losing their attrition style.

could do something like whenever a champion dies they gain 5%/2% of the nora cost of that champion. sort of like an inverse sp bonus except it applies to when anything dies.

GoldTiger likes this.
  2. GoldTiger

GoldTiger I need me some PIE!

I like it. I would like for things like graveyard to not make real champions however if this was the change though.

3. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

Who is "they"?

4. calisk

they is every single person that seem to complain about this bonus, and over the years that number would be somewhere in the 10's of thousands

5. calisk

i'd like the only inconsistent relic that summon real champs to summon summons as well, but that's unrelated to this bonus lol

6. Tweek516

Tweek516 I need me some PIE!

FW bonus is fine. Why are we talking about this again.

SPiEkY likes this.
  7. calisk

because they keep bringing it up, if the people using the ability are in majority agreeing the bonus should be different then I see no reason to keep it the same even if it destroys an entire sub theme of the faction

8. GoldTiger

GoldTiger I need me some PIE!

Someone like coragh poops nora too. I just mean general effects like those where its not balanced for a global FW bonus such as the one proposed.

9. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

They is the same dozen or so players. Most of the core FW players enjoy the bonus. You don't hear from them because they don't go around making threads about liking the bonus.

10. calisk

well over the years it's been a lot more then a dozen or so people, next to st complaining about gnark I can't think of anything else more complained about.

11. yobanchi

yobanchi I need me some PIE!

When games last 15 rounds getting him back at the end of the game isn't really worth it. Now if you're winning and extending the game past 19 rounds then I can see how that could help you stay on top.

DiCEM0nEY likes this.
  12. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

Look at the old threads, it's mostly the same players.

13. HellGeist

HellGeist New Member

These threads come up because the FW bonus caters to a unique playstyle. If a player picks the FW faction because they like the runes and want to play like a traditional faction and wonder why they are losing they might call for a FW bonus change. Sadly there are too many runes based around the FW bonus to change it now without revamping half the faction. The only thing you can do is a tiny minature buff which might not be recieved well by the rest of the community since FW is still competitive.

I would suggest something small like corrupted nora globes are left by FW units. If an enemy picks it up they become cursed or lose hp or something and if you pick it up your unit gets healed for a small amount or gets a temporary small damage boost.

Just an idea.

14. Pedeguerra

Pedeguerra I need me some PIE!

Wow, if you are new around here you deserve my respect.
    Great post.
    The idea of a "cursed globe" (-HP on opposing picking up globes, +HP on allies picking them up) is neat, but I'm guessing it would be a nightmare to implement (codewise, etc.). No idea.

HellGeist and Tweek516 like this.
  15. davre

davre The Benevolent Technofascist

16. HellGeist

HellGeist New Member

Thanks, i played a fair amount back some 5 years ago. Just starting to get back into it in preparation for the ps4 release. Primarily a FW player with some stitched play as well. So im kinda new and at the same time really old lol. Im honestly surprised i was able to recover my account.

17. DiCEM0nEY

DiCEM0nEY I need me some PIE!

to be honest, not really, since usually when a serkan dies, the game is over, unless they used a huge amount of nora instagibbing him.

18. DiCEM0nEY

enemy champions as well O.O

19. DiCEM0nEY

But think about the things that would actually be affected by completely removing the bouns. Things like Bile Zombie, Broken Bones, Chattering maw, Revenants, Genesis Lich, Death guard. Things that are incredibly strong as it is would be affected the most. I'd rather them recieve playability nerfs, if it meant other units could recieve more play.

It's not fun building decks around "how many of the same unit can I deploy" or "how can I abuse my OP cards to mitigate my faction's lack of a bonus". I simply propose giving the current bonus a nerf to like 50%, and returning the nora globe collection bonus OR something else. I'd strongly (moderately) prefer having IS bonus than FW's in FW. I get the idea of the bonus, but in practice, it doesn't work, because you won't have the chance to use it unless you are constantly suiciding units, which doesn't work well in ALL fw themes (vampires, skeletons to an extent, liches in early game when it matters most).

It's mostly older players I find that want to keep the bonus. The reason being I think is they feel like the game is still about having one or two uber cards, and the rest are supporting garbage. Now adays, theres a counter for everything in every deck in some way (aside bile zombie, which is OP even after nerfs), and you can't just spam the same card whenever its off CD. Sure, there will always be Hero cards which are strong -> but those cards themselves depend on other cards, since they SHOULDN't Die : therefore FW have no effective bonus, and are gimped. They rely on weaker cards dying. But the problem is,the whole weaker cards game is being whittled down patch by patch, for good reason. The same reason high end spells are op, having a bunch of weak units are also extremely hard to counter, ESPECIALLY when they can do things in the mid game (which they shouldn't, because they are cheap early game units).

I just think for the health of the game, it would be better if FW had some sort of mechanic that rely on themselves losing units. Even if it is really funny at times.

20. calisk

that was the intention, most factions get their bonus no matter what happens, in the case it doesn't apply to enemies, you'd effectively have no bonus if you played a perfect game punishing you in a way, as such it would make sense to have it apply to both sides, of course the exact amount of nora generation could be tweaked, maybe 1/2% is better I honestly don't know it would take some play testing