Youtube is on to me

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by SireofSuns, Jan 11, 2017.

1. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

The world was not designed and neither was nature, there are things designed by humans but to think this means there is a god is incredibly smallminded.

no god gave me life, you see phdstax when a mommy and a daddy really like eachother, they have a special hug and then a baby is made inside the mommy. and later is born.

Your argiment makes little sense and serves only one agenda, the propogation of your vile religion. you have given no evidence or fact of design in NATURE only in things humans made by manipulating complex systems born out of simplicity. I can only fathom how little critical thinking skills you must possess. perhaps because your superiors did not want you to have these skills.

BurnPyro likes this.
  2. NevrGonaGivUup

NevrGonaGivUup I need me some PIE!

Well, at least it was interesting to learn your perspective. From what I can tell, belief if god is central to your life. No amount of internet arguments are going to change that. From your point of view, God absolutely exists, and so the only question is figuring out how to explain things from that starting point. If God exists, then we're obviously to be pitied in our ignorance of Him.

Anyway, it's been fun reading.

PS. The best thing about arguing on the side of evolution is that it only gains evidence and widespread acceptance as time goes on. Creationism, on the other hand, is declining in popularity. Ironically, creationism is being selected against.

3. phdstax

phdstax Active Member

Okay Geresen you win the belittling contest. Congrats!

4. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

Oh that is what we were doing? I thought you were doing mental gymnastics and everyone else was telling you how incredibly illogical and stupid your argument is. which you then did mental gymnastics on to conclude you had a good point.

BurnPyro likes this.
  5. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

The TLDR

this has been a great read. Somehow this forum keeps introducing me to new levels of stupidity time and time again. When one person stops replying, another jumps in to take the wheel. It's like the forum is creating these accounts by itself to try and keep us entertained.. oh my, self awareforum? Is this how God speaks to us???!!

Astamir likes this.
  6. phdstax

phdstax Active Member

Proverbs 14:1 - The fool has said in his heart, "There is no God."

7. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

Intelligent people 101: haha the bible

darklord48, Astamir and Geressen like this.
  8. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

A fool's mouth lashes out with pride.
    An honest witness does not deceive, but a false witness pours out lies.

9. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

Proverbs 1:7 The fear of the Lord is the beginning of knowledge: but fools despise wisdom and instruction.

Ohmin, SPiEkY and NevrGonaGivUup like this.
  10. Ohmin

Ohmin Forum Royalty

As long as we're throwing out scripture:

Hebrews 12: 14
    "Make every effort to live in peace with all men and to be holy; without holiness none will see the Lord."

Geressen and SPiEkY like this.
  11. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

Fixed it to be more accurate

12. Sokolov

Those who do not abandon mercy will not be abandoned by me.
    ~ Oracle of Itsukushima

Geressen likes this.
  13. phdstax

phdstax Active Member

For since the creation of the world His invisible attributes, His eternal power and divine nature, have been clearly seen, being understood through what has been made, so that they are without excuse. For even though they knew God, they did not honor Him as God or give thanks, but they became futile in their speculations, and their foolish heart was darkened. Romans 1:20-21

14. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

While we are quoting an out dated book that is supposed to be taken all or none: But I suffer not a woman to teach, nor to usurp authority over the man, but to be in silence. Timothy 2:12

Is there any wonder so many choose none?

BurnPyro and Geressen like this.
  15. Sokolov

Honour likewise your parents, and those most nearly related to you.
    Of all the rest of mankind, make him your friend who distinguishes himself by his virtue.
    Do nothing evil, neither in the presence of others, nor privately;
    But above all things respect yourself.
    Leave yourself always to be guided and directed by the understanding that comes from above, and that ought to hold the reins.
    And when, after having deprived yourself of your mortal body, you arrived at the most pure Aither,
    You shall be a God, immortal, incorruptible, and Death shall have no more dominion over you

~ Golden Verses of Pythagoras

16. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

"If your lord commands you to burn children your lord is evil!" Davos 10:6

17. Sokolov

18. Sokolov

Indeed, the righteous will be in gardens and pleasure,
    Enjoying what their Lord has given them, and their Lord protected them from the punishment of Hellfire.

~ Quran 52:17-18

Geressen likes this.
  19. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

"Wolverine placed a hand upon the shoulder of Spiderman and Spiderman spoke;'' Wolverine, do not you ever touch me!'' and he struck Wolverine most righteously as the onlookers gaped"

[​IMG]

see what I did there @BurnPyro
    [​IMG]

darklord48 and BurnPyro like this.
  20. Ohmin

Ohmin Forum Royalty

I think if you better understood what "holiness" meant (at least in that context) you wouldn't make that change to avoid it, even assuming you continued to not believe in the existence of God (or any gods for that matter). But I don't really blame you for not understanding, given how often it is... misrepresented. Plus it's not something I feel confident I can sum up succinctly or quite properly with other words.

Personally, I still just don't understand yours and others' "certainty" that God, or anything(s) that would qualify as God, does not exist. I can certainly understand trepidation or even outright contempt for many religions, or the dogmas and such ascribed by said religions of God, but that isn't really the same thing.

I can also understand disparaging the "proof" that others have offered, because most/all evidence (and no, the Bible isn't evidence of God's existence in my view, but I do think it still has its uses) is open to interpretation. As @Sokolov pointed out, whether or not the Theory of Evolution is an accurate description of mechanism is actually entirely unimportant to whether or not God exists. While it can poke holes within certain religious dogma (Creationism mainly), that's about as far as it can go.

@BurnPyro posted a picture in another thread not too long ago, something about "Where'd your faith in God go?" followed by a bunch of pictures related to varied scientific fields, astronomy, chemistry, biology etc. Yet in truth science and a faith in God or gods are by no means contradictory. Indeed, for some scientists, their studies have provided evidence to them which they have interpreted as a sign of Gods existence. Rather than religious non- (or even anti-) scientific teaching, it was their own discoveries in the fields of science which sparked their faith.

I of course don't expect any of you to interpret that "evidence" in the same way, even if you have reached the same conclusions even if for different reasons. Nor would I expect such faith to lead to a Religious conversion of any kind (let alone any specific one).

I do think you're wrong that it is religion or people whom have faith that get in the way of the world becoming paradise. I can guess why you'd think so, but it feels like your hostility towards religion is aimed at particular types and particular manifestations. Which then comes across as blanket statements which are inherently flawed as "anyone that follows a religion and/or holds faith in something spiritual" is an incredibly diverse group, among other things.

*shrug*

Just my impressions and thoughts, some of it may apply to others as well, but you've been the most active here.

I think this will be my last post in this thread on the subject, hope everyone has a fairly decent day.

------------------------------

Also, it was 6 chips, for anyone that didn't want to watch the video.

SPiEkY likes this.