Youtube is on to me

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by SireofSuns, Jan 11, 2017.

1. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

I understood and chose to interprent it diffirently for comedy

gods are a crutch and a blindfold invented by our minds because we want to understand but couldn't
    I want to walk, I want to see and to run and I want to fly. and there could very well be some sort of power that qualifies as gods to some, and when we find it... I will punch it in the face on behalf of all thing.

that should be the goal, punching gods in the faces.

but untill we find something that qualifies gods exists only as an idea inside brains. and we can't very well punch everyone. people would get hurt.

BurnPyro likes this.
  2. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

also we've all been over this for thousands of years

that guy lived from 4BC to 65Ad

Astamir, BurnPyro and NevrGonaGivUup like this.
  3. Dagda

Dagda Forum Royalty

possibly worth noting that at that time, when he says "true" he likely means that the gods are thought of as physically existing on earth right there with people, which is different from how i understand most modern interpretations of religion

4. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

The current day interpretation is just as relevant to the nursery rhyme though.

Geressen likes this.
  5. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

As evidenced by this forum, I'm sure there were some.

Geressen and Astamir like this.
  6. phdstax

phdstax Active Member

He is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of all creation. For by Him all things were created, both in the heavens and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or dominions or rulers or authorities—all things have been created through Him and for Him. He is before all things, and in Him all things hold together. Colossians 1:15-17

7. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

The Way that can be told of is not an unvarying way;
    The names that can be named are not unvarying names.
    It was from the Nameless that Heaven and Earth sprang;
    The named is but the mother that rears the ten thousand creatures, each after its kind.

~ Tao Te Ching

(Interesting how much this actually describes Evolution.)

SPiEkY and Geressen like this.
  8. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

Ragic is a chemistry professor

I could go on but I think I made my case.

Geressen likes this.
  9. Dagda

Dagda Forum Royalty

well, a few questions i guess-

is this your field?

what do you assume i meant?

what other "inane Bane Shift" do you attribute to me?

to actually answer your questions though: no, i'm studying outside of college at the moment. i think people in ancient times had a very different context, a very different lens in the way they viewed and discussed the world, and i was focusing more on the romans than the greeks, given the time frame was the early days of the roman empire, but since you ask yeah, i think that greek people accepted as fact that there were super-human beings at the top of a mountain somewhere over yonder. not all of them, to be sure, but that's a given i think

SPiEkY likes this.
  10. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

Totally legit quote from a guy who lived thousands of years ago. Though he was most likely more informed that the peasants. Is quote legit? Who knows, but the point remains.

[​IMG]

checkmate religious folk

11. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

It's aight, they wrote stuff down. like stuff sttuff.

the vikings only wrote down stuff like: "I put this rock here cause my bro died raiding somewhere. cool rock no?"

Ohmin likes this.
  12. phdstax

phdstax Active Member

What shall we conclude then? Do we have any advantage? Not at all! For we have already made the charge that Jews and Gentiles alike are all under the power of sin. As it is written: "There is no one righteous, not even one; there is no one who understands; there is no one who seeks God. All have turned away, they have together become worthless; there is no one who does good, not even one." -- Paul

13. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

Nothing sums up religion better than Proverbs 3:5. "Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding"

SPiEkY, BurnPyro and Geressen like this.
  14. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

He sounds like an *******.

15. phdstax

phdstax Active Member

Yeah, I like that verse too, but most people have different lords, like @Geressen does. He does not believe is Jesus, yet Jesus said, "You call Me Teacher and Lord; and you are right, for so I am."

16. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

Your interpretation of that one and mine are very different. I interpret that to mean that ignoring what we learn and blindly trusting in god is the only way people will actually buy into religion.

phdstax likes this.
  17. phdstax

phdstax Active Member

Yeah, I got that. Yet Jesus said, "You search the Scriptures because you think that in them you have eternal life; it is these that testify about Me." If those scriptures were written about Him, then why would we read them a different way?

18. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

We read them a different way because I believe it to be a fairy tale, and you believe it to be true. Aesop's Fables have as much value as the bible in my mind.

Geressen likes this.
  19. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

says the darklord....

Ohmin, Geressen and darklord48 like this.
  20. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

when you die you're gonna burn in hell forever and ever, it says so in the scriptures. you're life is gonna be like resident evil, gears of war, and fallout all in one. you will see, I will pray for your soul and hope it lessens the pain and suffering. Have you ever heard the horn of hell? I did in a dream once, haven't been the same since, I let jesus take the wheel. idk about you but I don't plan on burning in hell for eternity.

Last edited: Jan 19, 2017