Update on what the game looks like to me

Discussion in 'Tech Support' started by OriginalG1, Jul 19, 2016.

1. OriginalG1

OriginalG1 I need me some PIE!

that old computer finally blue screened, i have a new one and pox is working great!

2. Senshu

Senshu Administrator Octopi

Sorry to hear about the blue screen but Yay for being able to play Pox on your new one!

3. OriginalG1

It has litterly lagged every game since I posted that. Lag and pox are one in the same.

4. Senshu

Your post before said it was running great. Have you tried uninstalling the game completely. Update your video drivers and then reinstall?

5. OriginalG1

Senshu, i am just done man. I have accepted the lag. It was running smooth but right after i made that post on , Wednesday at 9:26 PM the game started lagging not as bad as it was, but still it is bad. It is probably my internet.

6. Senshu

That is unfortunate to hear, and strange about your internet if that is the case. Have you tried playing at different times, are you playing over WiFi?

7. OriginalG1

Yes I have tried different times, and my first or second game I usually get disconnect, or the client is unresponsive visually.

I am Playing over WiFi, it is my only option.

8. Senshu

Are you on a laptop and if so have you tried playing in at a different location like a cafe just to see if it is your local connection. Are you connecting directly to a Router or Broadband Modem or connecting to a WiFi extender?

9. OriginalG1

Connecting to Braodband Modem, I will report different location tests when I try them, but i do play much outside of my home.

10. Senshu

Don't feel obligated to do it, but it would help rule out if it is specifically your WiFi connection or some other factor.

11. OriginalG1

I played a game t school and it was working a lot better. There is one internet modem where I live and it shared between 6 people.

12. Senshu

Yeah that would definitely cause lag especially depending on the what type of WiFi band it is using and its rated capacity. The one time it was running smoothly when you got your new computer were you the only one at your residence? Do you know if a lot of the other people are streaming video like Netflix, Hulu, Crackle, Amazon Prime, etc. because those would be the real bandwidth hogs.

13. OriginalG1

I am sure they are, but I can not know for sure, you know what I mean?

14. OriginalG1

Thank you for the help & interest as always Senshu!

15. Senshu

Yeah, I completely understand, and no problem.

OriginalG1 likes this.
  16. OriginalG1

The client from the web site download is working good for me right now. I tried to play the steam version and it was not working at all. Could sign in, however the at the loading screen i encounter an out of memory notice every time.

17. Senshu

That sounds like Tip 8 on the FAQ http://forums.poxnora.com/index.php?threads/pc-troubleshooting.1487/