Spectral Emissary needs love

Discussion in 'Forsaken Wastes' started by HellGeist, Jan 20, 2017.

1. HellGeist

HellGeist New Member

With Skele Decks feeling very viable it makes me sad that one of the coolest sprites and one of only 2 legendary skele champs is overcosted.

The poor guy needs some nora cost reduction. Even if a speed reduction to do it (plus a little extra)

Or give the guy majestic or something. I know i would be in awe being so close to an awesome sprite like that.

Or both. I honestly don't think we need a 7 speed melee teleporter.

2. themacca

themacca Master of Challenges

It's kinda his point, he is one of the fastest units in the game. he can kite you around fonts and stun you if you leave yourself in range of it. fantastic for harassing fonts. Unfortunately this is not something that skeletons particularly do in their games which is the only reason he doesn't see play. Outside of that he is actually a really good rune.

3. HellGeist

HellGeist New Member

You are correct. In theory he is a good rune, and in another faction or theme he would thrive. But in skeletons he is out of place imo. Maybe change his upgrade paths a bit.

Put +1 speed as an upgrade and add teleport on base with some other upgrade in that slot. Just always wanted to use the rune, even years ago. And he still just doesn't cut it.

4. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

Or maybe just leave it alone and don't run it.

5. DiCEM0nEY

DiCEM0nEY I need me some PIE!

Skeletons have some of the best font harass options in the game TBH, you just move 1 summon, broken bones, or graveyard warrior into a font and drop a bone mine. Then you can repeat the process with another bone mine or altar of bones.

The reason why no1 uses emissary is because he costs too much, and lerper does the same thing but can actually become the most powerful melee skeleton and costs 6 less nora iirc.

6. themacca

themacca Master of Challenges

if you're constantly needing to drop nora on relics. that isn't good font harrassment. Bone mines are good for it because they provide an additional pay off with the summons once it's destroyed but if you're dropping things that don't benefit being in a direct font contest and give you an advantage there you're just spending more nora than you're removing from your opponent.

And no lerper and spectral emissary have very different roles and are both pretty damn good at what they do.

7. DiCEM0nEY

DiCEM0nEY I need me some PIE!

Early game, there isn't a clean way to rid bone mine is the thing.

I'd rather take utterdark than spectral anyways outside of skeleton.