SL/SP Shock

Discussion in 'Split Faction' started by Dolcebrodude, Jan 14, 2017.

1. Dolcebrodude

Dolcebrodude The King of Potatoes

Been trying out various combos with Flagellum and Indignation and thought that SP's electric theme and Dreamcrusher's Static Shock could work for a fun little split. I don't have most of the SP stuff yet so maybe somebody has tried this or is just good at Peaks stuff in general to give me some advice on what to get and what to avoid.
    (just assume that in this case Transfusion is WAI and not bugged)

[​IMG]

2. Dolcebrodude

Aight so begins the refining process.
    Went 2-1 so far, made a bunch of changes. Tried to run Fruit to combo with Flagellum but it's a little too cute and usually just killing the damn thing with electricity damage is better.
    Had Battle Fatigue to manually trigger Terminus, felt almost good but now trying to go without it.
    Arroyo Storm Orb is for the Spark Curse since I'd rather have the bonkers Zeal: Damage on Crones.
    Imperator is "alt damage" and some strong Lightning Bombs too.

[​IMG]

Looking for ideas and comments as always,
    Heard @nepyonisdead had a similar bg, would love to hear from ya man

Cheers.

3. nepyonisdead

nepyonisdead I need me some PIE!

Although I hardly post bgs on forums I cant deny a bro ;) here is what my lightning bg looks like and I beat some pretty decent players with it, but it gets boring fairly quicly ;P

Attached Files:

Dolcebrodude likes this.
  4. nepyonisdead

nepyonisdead I need me some PIE!

if you have any questions please dont hesitate ;) the bg is pretty powerful since it comes off strong early and it reaches its power spike mid game however sadly it has no late game aspect. Ritualist is there to combat the summons and Bane Shift and mika + IS bonus means spells do no damage

Dolcebrodude likes this.
  5. 4NIK8

4NIK8 I need me some PIE!

Transfusion is temporarily banned from ranked, I guess that's why you removed it. I've been tinkering with the idea of static shock + ap removal myself but I don't have the runes to do it yet. SL seems like a nice idea due to Transfusion but my idea was to split it with UD for more static shock champs (I'm guessing it stacks) and for Mindstorm.

6. limone1981

limone1981 I need me some PIE!

@4NIK8 is what i'm running now, Ud/Sp ap removal with 2x Whispers 2x Mindstorm and Dreamcrusher + Imp thunderclop.
    add some punish champ + imposing aura and you are good to go

@Dolcebrodude you need some magic and physical dmg

7. Dolcebrodude

Thanks for the input!
    I see neps running the Baneblasting engine, means I can try and be a unique snowflake by doing this instead.

I knew Transfusion's bugged and banned so this was more of a hypothetical but really hope it gets fixed for next patch.
    Shame Enervating Touch is also not WAI and doesn't trigger Static Shock/Terminus. Stormspear's still super good.

Turns out Stormreaders are't really worth it if you can't get consistent triggers on your opponents turn and this bg doesn't have nearly enough Jolt/Static Aura/Electricty Aura. It's basically a 62 nora range 5 guy that makes a single 8 dmg attack per turn.
    Due to lack of Jolt in general the Arroyo Storm Orb also wasn't really that valuable.
    Decided to try Stormbunnies instead because I felt like the bg lacked a bit of "frontline" and provided there's no opposing precision the bun does his job well enough while murderising their backline.
    The Prismatic is there for the same reason plus it's a source of important magic dmg as limone pointed out.
    The Imperators are the only source of physical damage but I was going to fq any ST opponent anyway so it doesn't matter.
    Here's the pile:

[​IMG]

The bg functions by punishing their champs then equipping Indignation, Spark Charging, Ionizing and then deleting anything.
    Needless to say this is not the most optimal strategy so if you have any spicy suggestions, feel free to drop them here.

Current list of maybes:
    Nublin's
    Bait and Switch
    more Prismatics
    more Whispers
    Whip
    Harpoon
    Stormflyer

Cheers!

Last edited: Jan 17, 2017
  8. OriginalG1

OriginalG1 I need me some PIE!

No idea why you took Hyaenid Stormreader out I would think she would be key in getting quick gibs. I run mine with paralyze and teleport. Let her move in and out, and have a little bit of crowd control. I would recommend at least 1x. If you are granting you opponent ap to punish them, Mangled Totem might be worth a look. I believe sl has some champ with punishing aura too. Overcharged Golem has sabotage electricity, neat! Nora storm is electric damage, a decent spell to use in combo with limit. Elecroc might be worth a look-see with sabotage electricity

Last edited: Jan 20, 2017