the faces of jorea

Discussion in 'Savage Tundra' started by calisk, Jan 16, 2017.

1. calisk

calisk I need me some PIE!

so I decided to design a few different runes describing jorea through different aspects of the story with roles she could play, taking suggestion on roles I'm forgetting

Jorea the unifier

race: jakei
    class: wizard

stats :
    damage -8
    range - 5-7
    speed - 6
    defense - 1
    hp: 42

abilities
    arctic
    attack - magical
    sovereign command : (ap-0 cd-6) this effect is hidden until triggered. if your opponent casts a spell during the next turn you gain 20 nora, the cd on this ability is reduced by 1 for each unique race among champion you control to a minimum of 1.
    surge: races
    distracting
    hero

upgrades 1
    shielded
    loyalty
    defensive strike

upgrades 2
    ripples
    fellowship
    collective struggle

comments - main idea for upgrade 1 was defensive abilities since she lacks sustain, upgrade 2 was supposed to be deploy effects to encourage you to keep deploying champs, but I kind of ran out of ideas and fell back on grand entrance so open to suggestions on that one.

the main ability is supposed to play on her role as a wizard and I wanted an indirect spell counter for her that played off races. defensive strike+distracting on queen is actually a call back to a very old st tactic we used to use, it's a bit of fan service to her.

Jorea the master of the c'ramil

stats
    damage -8
    range - 5-7
    speed - 6
    defense - 1
    hp: 42

abilities
    c'ramil - when this champion or relic is deployed and at the start of your turn the nearest opposing champion is converted for 3 turns(if this champion would be destroyed it is repawned under the opponents control at 20% hp and gains endless devoution). if this champion is destroyed a relic with this ability is spawned with 10hp and 0 def in the nearest available space.
    attack - magical
    arctic
    polish - target champion with nora gem gains +1 speed and reflection 3.

upgrade 1:
    beckoning guile
    cleanse
    sustain : immortality

upgrade 2:
    surge elemental
    surge tundra
    guarded: elemental

Jorea the queen of the jakei

too tired to do the other two I'll do them tomorrow

Last edited: Jan 21, 2017
  2. Braxzee

Braxzee I need me some PIE!

Frost Greeting instead of Grand Entrance

3. calisk

well chill damage doesn't have as much use in a mixed race bg as grand entrance I'd think unless you can think of a particular use for it, but of course it was the weakest thematic ability on her, mostly their because she's supposed to be majestic heh

that said i might put it on the queen of the jakei which will likely have more frost related abilities

4. Braxzee

Well then Struggle would fit perfectly with her

5. calisk

can't find reference to it what has the ability?

6. Braxzee

It is actually collective struggle from the FS relic, if you want it to be more lore based maybe something that goes with the ailur concord spell, maybe it costs less with her out or heals 8 hp similar to the frost hydrra

7. calisk

ah that is a good choice.

changed

8. OriginalG1

OriginalG1 I need me some PIE!

She should be race Yeti/ Elemental. Jakei have juya and really do not work as a race theme, they work better in niche themes. (No-kan-do, flyers, beasts, amp ice, meta stuff) Lonx have 2 heros, Jakei have one, so why not a Yeti/ elemental overlord. Ties into the powerful ancient mystic theme to me.

9. Braxzee

Speaking of elemental ST does need a Jakei that synergies with crystals

10. themacca

themacca Master of Challenges

Jakei Shaman?

Also yes Jakei heretic should do this.

Also i dislike the crystal mother name as use of the c'ramil is branded heresy by the jakei. And the crystal beings are created by the c'ramil.

11. calisk

Hmm ya I should read the crystal story again, I know she created phoenix but the others I'm not sure

12. themacca

themacca Master of Challenges

Vallassa was responsible for the rest of the crystals.

13. calisk

I'll change the name, after i've read the story again.

14. Braxzee

That's how I remember the story was Vallassa was responsible for the crystals. She would make the most sense to have abilities to synergize with them. There were other Jakei that were used to help Vallassa with them as well.

15. calisk

I thought the queen used old stuff to make the crystal phoenix, an valassa just researched into that with the assistance of the yeti's after the jakei exhiled her.

16. Braxzee

I think you are right, the Cramil was old powers that were re-discovered by the Jakei in the Shyron Caverns. Vallasa may have been the one to create the crystal yeti? not sure.

17. calisk

been sick all week so had no time to finish these up or play many games, I read through all the runes aand very tiny bit of story on vallassa.

from what I can tell vallassa is still around, but it sems like the jakei have come to terms with that and are now using the C'ramil more freely, honestly I wouldn't be surprised if vallassa has been let back in.

either way I'm taking the stance that while vallassa is likely the keeper of the C'ramil at this point the queen would be it's master and is in control of how it is now used.

it has 3 new abilities.... polish was a simple support ability for crystals to give them a little more towards dealing with ranged units, speed to close, reflection to punish.

the second ability is sustain:immortality, this was more as a nod to all those that want endless dev to get immortality back, and a way to add some reuse to some of their units.

third is the c'ramil itself, from what I can tell at this point the jakei have expanded from experimenting on their own units, to converting other races as such this is that relic in action.