Can we buff utterdark leviathan?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Alakhami, Jan 26, 2017.

1. Alakhami

Alakhami I need me some PIE!

Macca got to buff Korsien. Why not buff this fella?
    His sprite and art is just too cool to let him molder in shoebox. I suggest soultap feedback be removed from him

2. Tweek516

Tweek516 I need me some PIE!

He looks fine as is to me.

3. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

Is this the giant blue dragon dude? If so he is great in Spirit/Soultap decks.

Fentum, Qucas and SPiEkY like this.
  4. Tweek516

Yes he is and yes he is.

Fentum and SPiEkY like this.
  5. Alakhami

no, he is not fine. he is very overcosted. I mean, if you want to keep him expensive, give him something to replace soultap feedback.

6. poinl

poinl I need me some PIE!

We need to buff screaming leviathan first.

Gnomes likes this.
  7. Tweek516

Uhhhh no he really isn't. Like, he's a strong rune in theme.

Really quite tanky with vaporise and resist magic 3 (or phase shift if you wanna run him that way). Pretty high HP pool and decent def. This synergises well with feedback, as he'll need a lot of attacks to kill.

Feedback is also great with seeker, even if alone he can take advantage of seeker very easily.

Hunter also means his damage is alright, and makes him even more tanky. Also (spot a theme here?) great with feedback because its bound to trigger if your opponent double taps or attacks in consecutive turns.

poinl, Fentum, Qucas and 1 other person like this.
  8. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

Maybe my opinion of nora cost is just skewed from playing IS where everything is in the 70s but on paper Leviathan is incredibly strong for 76 nora. You have a 2 Def, 55 HP unit with Vaporize and Resitance: Magical 3 (A super strong combo). Anything that attacks it becomes Soultapped so his cost just gets reduced from the nora gained, and he has a gap closer that lets him jump to those soultapped units. Hunter: Soultapped means anything that wants to attack him a second time will be going through a 4 defense incorpreal unit. Even Magic damage champs will be doing like 3 damage to him while he is incorpreal.

poinl, darklord48, Qucas and 4 others like this.
  9. Tweek516

Yeah you're crazy here gutsa man.

10. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

Viva la Status Quo.

11. themacca

themacca Master of Challenges

He did actually just get pretty majorly buffed. and at this current point in time he has an excellent time. Minimizing damage taken with vaporize, thanks to seeker+ soultap feedback he can instantly seeker to any ranged unit who taps him and have +2 speed and surge damage to absolutely firk there Bane Shift up.

Fentum likes this.
  12. DiCEM0nEY

DiCEM0nEY I need me some PIE!

Leviathan doesn't seem notable to me. But I think there are bigger fish to fry. The meta is still evolving.

13. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

I'm gonna go ahead and second what Markoth said. Dude is a beast in Soultap BGs.

It sounds like you want to make him less theme related and more of a meta unit.

14. Alakhami

I guess you guys are right, my bad. I played him before he got buffed and remember him not having surge:spirit and hunter: soultapped and really hating soultap feedback, so when I looked at him now, I didn't really think through all of these synergies built in him.

Last edited: Jan 27, 2017
    SPiEkY likes this.
  15. themacca

im always right.

Never forget this.

16. Ballballer

Ballballer Chief Antagonist

Remember when I beat your meta deck with a starter deck?

17. themacca

remember when i beat your chop block deck 4 times in a row

18. Ballballer

With a hard counter..........oooooooooh themaccas got skilllllllllllz

19. themacca

okay then, all your times you beat me using tariff and despoil, and voils doesnt count either then.

20. Ballballer

what da eff do voils hardcounter

Starter lonx deck vs meta fw attrition

Rekt