How do you defeat high teir champs?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by edmek55555, Jan 24, 2017.

1. Tweek516

Tweek516 I need me some PIE!

Tough to do right. FW is one of the hardest factions to master.

2. edmek55555

edmek55555 Devotee of the Blood Owl

It definitely seems like it will require solid deckbuilding to make something competitive. But ill definitely take your advice into account when I male a couple test decks later

3. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

FW also has the advantage that you can run a BG with only 11 champs, or even less if you want. That gives you a lot more flexibility to use FW's great spell and relic selection.

4. calisk

calisk I need me some PIE!

I wouldn't run that low even if they respawn quickly it leads to shitty draws and bad first turn deploys

5. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

We did the math after the number of first turn reveals was changed. Having 11 now is the same as having 16 with the old starting reveals. If you do run 11, some sort of scry is definitely recommended.

6. calisk

calisk I need me some PIE!

Seems like you'd be forced to mulligan far more often than I'd like

7. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

That's without mulligan. Focusing completely on just first turn reveals.

8. themacca

themacca Master of Challenges

The 11 champs while still a viable deck building choice, something to consider now is that mulligan costs 10 nora. It did not when it first came out. so if i were to try and full steam out the efficiency i would run 13.

9. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

You can run 11-13 very easily, and still never run out of champs. Like dark said, even without mulligan you still have excellent odds of hitting early drops.

SPiEkY and darklord48 like this.
  10. ZenZioZek

ZenZioZek The King of Potatoes

I would like to know how to take out Angel of Restoration without being UD or FW... I struggle every time! I see her often in skirmish games and feel forced to have 2 doom spells, which seems very slow. When I play other factions I really consider just ignoring her.

11. GemmaXylia

GemmaXylia Forum Royalty

11-13? That's weird I normally run 15/16 and have bad situations occasionally (admittedly not often) where I have no champs left as they're deployed/on cd.

Do you never have that?

12. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

As FW? No