Elven Illusionist

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by thered, Jan 31, 2017.

1. bagoftrick

bagoftrick I need me some PIE!

greetings only work once as an on deploy effect as does disbelief. illusion still works after the effect so your only stalling your not actually stopping it.

2. 4NIK8

4NIK8 I need me some PIE!

You should know. Champs with summoned units like Voil Stalker.

On topic, illusions should not be allowed to drop relics, it makes no sense. Also I believe Deception is just as broken, since it can flood the floor with illusions even if the enemy stop deploying champs.

It would be interesting if Detection could destroy illusions.

limone1981 likes this.
  3. Braxzee

Braxzee I need me some PIE!

Champ plus a terrain mod or a stun or a ensnare for early font acquisition.
    Method two - Displace and or instant kill that gives early font acquisition.
    Method 3 - Cheap real and clone champs that can acquire and contest fonts.
    Method 4 - Use illusions to do what method 3 does plus relics.
    I am missing others.

I am not saying that these methods are OP or unbalanced or unfair.

There are a lot of variables and all of them have counters to them. For illusions it seems easier to get rid of the problem verse 4 - 6 clones or losing a 75 nora champ plus ability to contest. I have been against the illusion BG and one champ deploy or one spell and they all go away. I usually do not spend any nora or ap on it in some instances since I was deploying that champ anyways.

4. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

1. I don't have code time to redesign Illusion of Lies (I like Markoth's suggestion but it's not easy to do right now)
    2. I have been asking for summons/illusions not make relics for over a year.
    3. Will nerf Elven Illusionist in the meantime

Last edited: Jan 31, 2017
    Tweek516 likes this.
  5. Braxzee

Illusions dropping relics is pretty dumb.

6. Sokolov

Yea, well, I have been trying to get rid of dumb things in this game for years, but the list never ends.

Oh, and when something dumb is removed, people complain that it got removed.

7. Ballballer

Ballballer Chief Antagonist

Pet champ is not a better drop than IOL

8. Ballballer

Ballballer Chief Antagonist

stop

9. Braxzee

Maybe for illusion that are the same champ their can be an ability where the real champ can switch with them at random or it randomly happens at end of turn anyways. That would change the strategy a bit of how they are used. Be a bit more cautious in sending your grimlic illusion to drop a relic to contest a font if that illusion ends up being the real champ. If their ever was time to work on it.

10. davre

davre The Benevolent Technofascist

People are also dumb

4NIK8 likes this.
  11. Dolcebrodude

Dolcebrodude The King of Potatoes

remove people, the source of dumb
    pretty sure Terminator already did that thought

Last edited: Jan 31, 2017
  12. 4NIK8

4NIK8 I need me some PIE!

Didn't say it's better, just pretty strong early game as well. Can give you a great advantage depending on the map.

13. MaruXV

MaruXV Corgi Lord of FW

in the patch that will adjust illusions getting rid of relic drop, as long as you are working on code, could you guys also adjust the upgrade problem that makes them recognizable from real champs please?

14. GemmaXylia

GemmaXylia Forum Royalty

Elven illusionist has historically always been like this. Rising up from seeing no play to suddenly being awesome again when she's a cheap enough deploy.

Nerf how now and she'll be back in a few years to bring more illusiony joy to the world ^_^

15. Sokolov

That's an entirely different thing, so probably not.

16. GemmaXylia

GemmaXylia Forum Royalty

I like this idea because it basically means my deck can play exactly the same because all the illusions would benefit statue instead of only some of them! Good idea :p

17. super71

super71 I need me some PIE!

Illusions would be fine if they didn't drop relics and were capped at 1 per turn similar to the zombie witch.

18. thered

thered The King of Potatoes

I dont think that is the best suggestion but in this thread I think there are a lot a good ideas. @Sokolov @Senshu

19. super71

super71 I need me some PIE!

An illusion being able to move objects and place them doesn't make sense, I like markoths suggestion but with the no relic placing added in.

20. Sokolov

just quoting myself

Tweek516 and MaruXV like this.