Bastion the Avenger...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Elric, Feb 3, 2017.

1. Elric

Elric I need me some PIE!

...think you might have overbuffed this guy!

2. themacca

themacca Master of Challenges

You must not be aware of what bastion used to be. He is definitely nerfed

Tweek516 and Etherielin like this.
  3. bagoftrick

bagoftrick I need me some PIE!

but still OP.

Elric likes this.
  4. Axeraiser

Axeraiser I need me some PIE!

#ISisOPstill2k17

5. OriginalG1

OriginalG1 I need me some PIE!

You can attack him from range without fear or Righteous Deflection if he has the warding/ tough escalation combo. No reason why you should not run bastion with battle leader after the medal of valor change.

6. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

Because Aid Defense is better and Medal is still good.

7. Elric

Elric I need me some PIE!

Wow! That is just hard to believe! Thanks for the info though!

8. calisk

calisk I need me some PIE!

yep.

I get it though, I mean Kento is probably OP and that's why it will get nerfed repeatedly till the end of time but to me I just can't see it.

I suspect it's the same for IS players and bastion

nepyonisdead likes this.
  9. OriginalG1

OriginalG1 I need me some PIE!

that was my point if medal of valor was changed at least you would have to choose, right now grant defense is auto in a global super champ bg.

10. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

Except Bastion has been nerfed 3 times since I came back including losing his Sig Ability (CA: Devastate) and K'ento hasn't been nerfed once. In fact, K'ento got buffed.

So it's not really the same, I don't think.

11. calisk

my memory goes back longer then since your most recent era, but I don't really blame you for any nerfes that have occured or will occur to that rune. it's a rune that if you don't have an answer for what it does it will simply make you rage and performs far better then it's cost, combine that with any point in time when st is up as a faction it becomes the target of many players rage.

it's how it's happened 3 times before and it's how it will continue to happen as long as it's playable and with it's current design.

when it comes to kento I care more about the debate around why it's going to be nerfed far more then the rune itself since I never use the thing and as such I saw the chance to draw parallels between the two runes, bastion and kento when faced with a lack of an answer are far stronger then their cost would suggest that's the bottom line for the two runes, and says nothing about how readily available the answers to each rune are, but that near unwinnable scenario each rune creates where the only way to remove them is by spending/sacrificing drastically more nora then they spent deploying it is the origin of the nerf calls.

anyway when I make a statement like I did it's nothing against you, although it wasn't my intention it's more of a jab at the community who I doubt will ever be satisfied with a kento that is playable at all in it's current design, but i'd call that a side effect of a 1-5 range nkd.

Last edited: Feb 4, 2017
  12. Sokolov

I don't care about blame. Most of it will be valid to blame on me anyway, assuming you've got the facts correct.

I just think you tend to see things in a biased manner and like to spin it as though ST is irrationally hated and gets nerfed constantly rather than what has actually been happening.

Last edited: Feb 4, 2017
    4NIK8 and Ballballer like this.
  13. themacca

themacca Master of Challenges

I dint think Kento shines when ST is on top. She's better when you have to bunker down and fight for a single key position.

I also don't think bastion has any specific counters. He's just a really strong beater

Ballballer likes this.
  14. calisk

well the three nerfes i'm talking about ignoring revamps

kento's release design -> had a number of additional effects honestly not worth going over all of them but it had next to know answers and was using the original NKD design.

nerf 1 - movement protections were removed, range reduced, cd increased.

nerf 2 - psychic ping was moved and became cost prohibitive to upgrade, I remember sc getting a minor nerf at this point possible a higher cd or ap cost...cant' remember exactly

nerf 3 - any damage at all would remove the SC status, thus she stopped getting used or I suspect more nerfes would of happened.

15. Sokolov

That does not, in any way, constitute "it will get nerfed repeatedly till the end of time."

Nor is it the same as Bastion.

16. Sokolov

It's so annoying when people complain small nerf steps as "multiple nerfs" and claim it's repeatedly nerf.

But then they also complain when things get nerfed a lot: "You should try smaller steps instead of nerfing to the ground immediately."

And then in this case you are claiming she will be continually nerfed, when she hasn't been nerfed in 2 years, and in fact, was buffed during that time...

4NIK8 and Ballballer like this.
  17. calisk

everything in pox has a counter/answer no matter how broken or crazy it is their's a rune/combination of runes out their that would shut them down.

in kento's case their are dozens, in bastions case....well I really don't know theirs nothing quite as obvious as a halbred of j'thir for him, I mean you could toss a earthgod sigil on him and he'd likely be useless for the majority of the game but it's a lot harder to find an answer to him

18. calisk

you made her playable by buffing her and she's immediately getting the same treatment as before, and is up for nerfes again why would I not think that way. as long as pox is running if she's ever playable with the current design she will be targeted for nerfes.

it's an issue with her design, it's flawed and player hate facing it so as a rule it will always be nerfed, and bastion is much the same his current design is a practically unkillable champ that can almost kill anything with the most minor of support runes. i.e medal and a small subset of is's CC runes

19. Sokolov

Not really.

You are the one who kept insisting she was bad which brought out people to claim otherwise. Before that she wasn't even on my radar and I am not planning on nerfing her.

20. Sokolov

This is 99% of the runes in this game. People complain about everything. That doesn't mean it will actually get nerfed.

4NIK8 likes this.