Can Tomb Lord possibly get Commander instead of Boost?

Discussion in 'Forsaken Wastes' started by JazzMan1221, Dec 25, 2016.

1. JazzMan1221

JazzMan1221 Better-Known Member

Right now, Skeletons have 4 sources of Boost: Tomb Lord, Bonewing, Tormented Priest, and Necromancer. I thought @Sokolov wanted to cut down on multiple sources of in-theme stat buffs, but I guess Skeletons were overlooked?

I know Tormented Priest used to have Defender, but for some reason it was replaced with Boost. I don't really think Skeletons rely on Boost THAT much, and a source of Commander would be very welcome in the theme, which (outside of Surge) often boasts low damage units.

guokamoli54 likes this.
  2. davre

davre The Benevolent Technofascist

That was the point of Sok's changes; most themes will have access to one of boost/commander/defender with very few themes having access to two and none having three. Boost is skeletons' stat bonus ability, and if that isn't enough you can run boner mine and/or altar.

3. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

Just to clarify what davre said, no, Sok wanted to cut down on multiple different in-theme stat buffs -- that they all provide the same buff was exactly his intent.

SireofSuns likes this.
  4. JazzMan1221

JazzMan1221 Better-Known Member

Oh. Well that's sort of..........ok. I guess it just hit Skeles harder than other themes, since they used to have access to all three.

5. guokamoli54

guokamoli54 I need me some PIE!

Im fine with not having commander but having 4 boost units is excessive 2 or them should get reworked in my opinion to do something else for theme. Bonewing has always felt a lil lackluster to me, except the on release version which was stupid good. Lol

6. davre

davre The Benevolent Technofascist

None of them are base abilities so you if you are putting 8 boost champs in ur dek it's on u.

newsbuff and guokamoli54 like this.
  7. DiCEM0nEY

DiCEM0nEY I need me some PIE!

Why did sok do this though? I feel it will push decks into being meta and less balanced around theme. @Sokolov .

Could you reexplain the reasoning behind these changes?

8. aseryen

aseryen I need me some PIE!

It'd be great to see some units with boost/commander/defender on both upgrade lines rather than r1/2/3 in one. These units also seem like stronger candidates for 3 upgrade lines if that gets implemented. Race/Class specific mechanics are great because they effect all rarities and most runes in a given theme which is why I think making those type of units more Hero like would be good for bg arrangement. Perhaps implementing x1 deck limit on some runes that go excessive on what they can do is something that could be looked at more.

9. DiCEM0nEY

I think that is a good idea if certain or new auras were made weaker, but longer range. It would make the obvious strategy to kill the hero, but also wouldn't be completely game losing if that was impossible.

Could also balance the game towards less abusive decks, ala split Hero's giving auras. It shouldn't be auto win with an aura, but it should be always a strong choice. Since FF can have more auras (heros) at the cost of rune choice, would be interesting. Max 2 Hero vs Max one.

I already run xulous with tariff and vitality creation with statue, because I like to use him as a leader of skell bg. I'd run Morgan the lost if she didn't have zombie apocalypse as well.

10. Tweek516

Tweek516 I need me some PIE!

Skellies really really don't need any buffs ATM.

11. DiCEM0nEY

Giving Commander back to TL wouldn't be much of a buff, they did just get heavily nerfed. Not that I think TL should have commander, as stated in the topic, im personally in favor of the aura esque idea suggested by the cyclops avatar guy

12. Tweek516

Tweek516 I need me some PIE!

Skellies are super strong rn.

13. guokamoli54

guokamoli54 I need me some PIE!

Dont buff them its a trap!

Attached Files:

14. ghklf

ghklf I need me some PIE!

Demon Lich, Mysian Necromancer, Necromancer, Bonewing, Tormented Priest and Tomb Lord have it. U missed 2 of them.

First three are little played in skelly theme.... no idea why they have boost for so long.

15. DiCEM0nEY

Is necromancer a garbage rune in all themes? Kind of dissapointed, since the rune is actually really unique and cool feeling. Perhaps give necromancer horrific aura or something... probably would still be garbage though.

16. ghklf

ghklf I need me some PIE!

I think so, it is a witch but it is pretty weak when compared with Accursed Scrofula and Forsaken Follower.

I would never run it in any of the themes even in cheap witch deck.