Bastion the Avenger...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Elric, Feb 3, 2017.

1. themacca

themacca Master of Challenges

She was made playable quite a while ago and hasn't received buffs since. This is purely a meta shift complaint

2. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

She was buffed on Jun 25, 2015 to her current state.

Amazing how she's apparently been targeted for nerfs for almost 2 years and not actually gotten one.

themacca likes this.
  3. calisk

calisk I need me some PIE!

can't speak to this as I wasn't here for most of that time, I honestly have no idea what st has been like through that time, when I returned the faction was practically dead I had to struggle to find any st games to watch during the times I was on, and largely was dissapointed with how unrepresented it was at the time.

the criteria as mentioned for kento to get nerfed was st to be top and for her to be playable but I have no idea what st was like while I wasn't playing, nor do I have any means to reasearch what the meta's were like or what st was playing, etc.

people only want her nerfed when she's part of the bg beating them down(i.e playable) and I have no idea if that was the case while I was gone, especially to the degree it requires to create nerf rage, but I can say for sure she is atm, and the nerf comments were occuring.

as for me defending my point of view on kento, I only had to because she was brought up as a nerf target if that leads her to a nerf it's unfortunate but I don't belief it changes my opinion on her being a bad rune any, as stated she can be a strong rune, and she can win games, my opinion stems from how likely that is to happen, and I stand by the fact that their are far too many counter in the current iteration of the game for that to be regular enough to qualify as a good rune.

anyway we will see how it plays out.

Last edited: Feb 4, 2017
  4. Sokolov

Emphasis mine.

Neither of these things appear to be true in recent history.

5. Sokolov

And honestly, people bring up runes constantly - if we go by THAT criteria then pretty much everything playable gets constantly being targeted for nerfs and it doesn't say much about anything at all.

6. calisk

ya i'll admit immediately was wrong I had no idea when it was nerfed only that as soon as I saw st being played the nerf calls were coming out again for her.

but as I said we'll see how things go from here, if she stays the same then I'm wrong I suppose.

7. thered

thered The King of Potatoes

I thought this thread was about bastion. How did it turn into a kento discussion. Why don't you make a separate thread? I cnfoozed

Hierokliff likes this.
  8. calisk

well I made a comparison to kento, after that it ended up here.

9. Sokolov

It was just a side discussion, no big deal :D

10. Sokolov

He lost some DMG and DEF (1 and 1, I think), Warchief: Stone Clan now gives Warding and had its cost increased, and he lost CA: Devastate (which was basically allowing him to one round things left and right) and got Escalating Rage instead (which has some direct counters and also is much more susceptible to CC and good positioning), though he still has Subsume which makes single target counters less useful on him.

11. MaruXV

MaruXV Corgi Lord of FW

pls buff corgi knight, he needs bastion of will and devastate on basic attack. his cost might go to 78ish. ty.

ps i liked bastion more with combo devastate, it was unique and nice. now its still strong but lost all the charm, he is more anonymous

12. Chris

Chris I need me some PIE!

This.

13. Lushiris

Lushiris I need me some PIE!

@Sokolov I still remember I complained about how strong Silent Contemplation's buff was when last buffed(don't recall what else got changed) and although I'm still not fond of the ability, it's not such a strong feeling as there are more ways of stopping it(Dispel, KB, Relocation) than there used to. And like always, I'm getting inside your head and supposing you want heroes to be strong right now so she's not really crazy when compared to others(yea I know that technically she's not a Hero, but she is the hero of my heart).

So about K'ento my short conclusion is: don't nerf her unless you're nerfing other heroes.

Last edited: Feb 5, 2017
  14. Tweek516

Tweek516 I need me some PIE!

I much prefer escalating on bastion (rather than devestate). Much funner to play with and against.

15. Hierokliff

Hierokliff I need me some PIE!

Bastion is powerful indead, especially if you are used to be able to target champs with spells, he was the first exo i tried to get when i got back to poxnora and he hasnt let me down. is he an autowin - heck no. is he surviving through the game - useally no way. But he is a melee champ that we cant protect with RD, so if he gets misplaced and in range for a enemy ranged he is gone.

Would want to know what you got for problems with him :) since atm he is about to lose his place in my decks

16. Lushiris

My problem with Escalating Rage on bastion is that the ability wasn't created with him in mind. However, people don't seem bothered enough so it must be fine.

You just need to run him with Storm Clan; he can be tanky enough with Aid Defense.

17. edmek55555

edmek55555 Devotee of the Blood Owl

Yeah. He is absolutely busted. One of the very few cards I think is so strong to the point of being broken. There are some strong cards but he is ridiculous currently

Elric likes this.
  18. DiCEM0nEY

DiCEM0nEY I need me some PIE!

That is why it is important to have a vision and design goals, and don't listen to people who do not have a clear objective other than to win more games, or to commit Sudoku (seppoku) from feeling guilty about winning constantly.

Kento does have clearly defined weaknesses and strengths, but like almost everything in ST that is currently used, it costs very little. One of the chief complaints I see from ST is that they are too versatile and too "nora efficient". These are pretty broad statements, but they tend to have some truth to them.

As for the topic, I have never had a problem with BA, but ill check his stats and see why that might be. Edit: I'm guessing it is just because I am in FW, and it has more than a few counters to play around bastion (I don't run doom, but I used a sacrifical tomb to get rid of Tiny's Bastion). As well as DMZ, essense drain, etc.). I won't comment further other than I don't find him unbalanced, just really strong (righteous deflection is pretty strong though).

@calisk

ST has been overpowered for a long time, despite not having any buffs for a long time. The reason you didn't see anyone complain was because there were other things which were larger problems, and were overshadowing it. Not to mention, ST is one of the least popular factions, genuinely. I didn't actually complain about ST untill I started playing them like every other match. It gets a little old losing to the same uber runes every match in one way or another (basically a majority of ST are overpowered uber runes).

Last edited: Feb 5, 2017
  19. DiCEM0nEY

DiCEM0nEY I need me some PIE!

I'm not sure what you are referring to, but Sok designs heros to be stronger than non heros in terms of Nora cost efficiency. The hero tag itself, that is.

20. Lushiris

I'm talking about Silent Contemplation's buff. K'ento is very efficient because of it, and she doesn't even need free Iron Will. So like I said, the Hero ability is a mere formality.