Bastion the Avenger...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Elric, Feb 3, 2017.

1. davre

davre The Benevolent Technofascist

Free iron will would make her immune to fascinate :p

2. Tweek516

Tweek516 I need me some PIE!

ST isn't OP. Borderguard elite is perhaps a little out of line (maybe equalise could have a little tap), but thats probably it tbh.

3. DiCEM0nEY

DiCEM0nEY I need me some PIE!

Thematically, lore wise, gameplay wise, barrier to entry wise, it makes sense for a hero to be a tiny bit stronger.

I'm guessing you are just joking, but it would not be a good idea to make no distinction between Hero's and non Hero's.

4. themacca

themacca Master of Challenges

just remove equalize from borderguard and its problem solved, on other units its fun cause its all about weighing your options, on a stupid powerful unit like borderguard elite though as soon as u can get the discount u drop it asap.

5. DiCEM0nEY

T. St player

6. Tweek516

I'm not an ST player.

7. DiCEM0nEY

Didn't you brag about beating me with an ST bg twice? Or was that "not ur main" lel. I don't play St or have $ invested in the bg no sir zzz.

St op.

8. Tweek516

I'm not an ST player, doesn't mean I haven't played ST. I borrowed a friends runes and played a BG for a month or so into the top 10 and then switched back to my main faction (KF).

And no, I haven't been bragging about beating you. You claimed that skellies are weak and swarm etc needs to be nerfed, and I just brought up that the two times we played your play was incredibly subpar. The problem isn't the bg, its you.

ST not OP.

SPiEkY likes this.
  9. bagoftrick

bagoftrick I need me some PIE!

Certain things in ST are pretty whack. Snow shroud for example. also some of the champs have abnormal HP values that exceed the norm even for ST. like borderguard elite.

10. Tweek516

Yes ofc their HP is high. Its like saying UD has high damage, or FW can cycle champs very quickly. Its their firking bonus.

And like I literally just mentioned, elite probably is a bit out of line.

11. Lushiris

Lushiris I need me some PIE!

I'm not "making no distinction" - there is effectively little distinction other than the Hero ability. Look at Ctharia for example, she was a random release just like K'ento, both have a deck limit of 1 but only the cecaelia girl is a Hero. Not to mention K'ento has a signature ability, while Ctharia lost hers. Note that I'm not asking for any changes here, just raising a healthy discussion.

As for power, Pox has always had that handful regular champions stronger than certain heroes - whether that's intentional by the devs it's another story so I'm not touching it - and although peole get occasionally annoyed by this fact, it's not something insanely wrong. I honestly like this malleability in rune design, even if that means *insert a random "underpowered" hero* won't be a killing machine any soon.

Last edited: Feb 6, 2017
  12. bagoftrick

Im not even referring to their bonus thats like saying thunderhoof with 20+ damage after encroached is entitled to it because hes in UD and that their isnt anything wrong with this. some of their runes start off with abnormal base values for their HP even for ST like borderguard elite, another example would be chilling scale and jakei extinguisher . just because they get +10 hp doesn't mean they should get free hp on base as well. otherwise all FS champs should be 6 nora cheaper because we are the nora faction and i don't see that happening.

DiCEM0nEY likes this.
  13. DiCEM0nEY

Didn't know kento was 1x

Actually, I agree with your assessment on the grounds that not all Hero's should have iron will, etc.

If there are ever changes done to the hero class such as deck limits, I hope they treat her equally then.

14. Lushiris

Lushiris I need me some PIE!

I've thought about Elite for a long time and honestly I think he's necessary in ST. He fits the whole faction very well (except for an eventual defender which makes him more racial) as a super efficient beater. Efficient champions aren't easy to find in ST, specially because the bonus makes their strength even more obvious and they get quickly nerfed. Elite still resists simply because ST would be in big trouble without him as pretty much everything else at a similar level costs the same or more than his base cost(I'm working with 78 here).

In a nutshell yes, Borderguard can be borderline OP when Equalize is triggered, but he's pretty much locked in one build as outside it he's not fully efficient.

15. DiCEM0nEY

Battle leader and swarm are op. It's not only a design issue, it's a balance issue.

St and kf are both op.

16. Tweek516

They don't get free HP on base, they pay for it like any other champ would.

17. Tweek516

I give up with you. Not worth it.

SPiEkY likes this.
  18. DiCEM0nEY

St have plenty of really strong builds. I find them as a whole OP. Not commenting on those two specifically.

19. bagoftrick

if only this were true.

DiCEM0nEY likes this.
  20. DiCEM0nEY

I think he is right, but I think it has to do with the formula used undervaluing HP as a whole.

And it could just be a meta thing, but flat HP in a specific coordinate is what the game is about.