Why is pox better than similar games?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by edmek55555, Feb 7, 2017.

1. edmek55555

edmek55555 Devotee of the Blood Owl

So there are plenty of online card games. There are plenty of online tactics games. What makes pox the go to game for you?

I personally love the fact that, unlike hearthstone and other similar games, all runes stay in rotation. It can be super frustrating to by card packs in other games just to find out a new expansion is coming out and all the hard earned money you spent was pointless because that set is now out of rotation

darklord48 and MaruXV like this.
  2. Dagda

Dagda Forum Royalty

you're a bit of an addict mate

MaruXV and Kampel like this.
  3. Dagda

Dagda Forum Royalty

that's rough. hope your poxnora rebirth works out

4. poinl

poinl I need me some PIE!

Honestly just because i'v known about it for so long, almost nostalgic at this point. It's probably the art and seeing the runes come to life. And seeing the army on display in the battlefield after deploying the runes. Beauty i guess.

SPiEkY, 4NIK8 and MaruXV like this.
  5. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

Cause it's messy.

SPiEkY and MaruXV like this.
  6. super71

super71 I need me some PIE!

You cold have just bought my urban rivals account lol, I have every cr except a couple form ulu watu. Urban rivals is much easier to get into and very simple but fun. Also urban rival pack system and trade system is better than any other game i've played.

7. poinl

poinl I need me some PIE!

I remember i used to play UR a lot. P-much forgot about it until now. I still remember my login too.

super71 likes this.
  8. Valkyr

Valkyr The King of Potatoes

I love poxnora universe and all the factions. I love the board : fonts to capture/contest, deployement zones, elemental terrain and how you can modify it (remember how they put so much interest in divinity original sin combats ? why not here ?)...

I like the mix of the tactical map/combat, the nora cost to summon, the collectible aspect and the growing aspect of the cards (xp).

The rules in poxnora might be hard to learn and remember but I'd rather have a hard to learn gameplay to a new card game where they put everything on the art and the "gameplay" is like a simple card game similar to yugioh (who said Gwent ? me).

Too much luck involved in urban rivals.

MaruXV likes this.
  9. Bravesteel

Bravesteel Member

Why I have fallen in love with Pox Nora?

Cerebral

Pox Nora requires me to think multidimensionally. What I mean by this is that you can't just slap together a Battlegroup and expect to win like in online TCGs, but you also can't run a broken rune with impunity (like in tabletop games) because there is always some combo, some strategy that can beat your deathstar.

Collectible

I have a collector's mindset, and Pox Nora allows me to indulge in that aspect without having a bunch of junk cluttering up my wife's house. The game also allows for something new to constantly be discovered when it comes to strategies and combos which sheds a whole new light on Runes that may have been collecting digital dust in my collection.

Content

There is a lot of content available for Pox Nora, the Single Player campaigns can keep me busy for quite a while, and they are all challenging and entertaining rather than being throwaway encounters that were rushed out to fill the void. I haven't even touched PvP yet, but I can only imagine that this will really expand my horizons in terms of gameplay.

Last edited: Feb 8, 2017
  10. MaruXV

MaruXV Corgi Lord of FW

but the best kind of messy^^

11. GoldTiger

GoldTiger I need me some PIE!

IMO higher skill cap and skill dependence than other card games due to the chess like board strategy and things like relics and equips adding a lot of depth to the game. You can win with essentially any theme of BG consistently if you are good enough.

12. DiCEM0nEY

DiCEM0nEY I need me some PIE!

Untill they made the new website, and made the game unplayable. Also, there is huge power creep because the game designers are idiots. Not to mention that splitting anything that doesnt spefically have an advantage to splitting (poison, frozn bonus, ***** cat, riot) doesn't work anymore, because there are so many cards in each clan, you are better off going mono for 100% bonus (which is boring AF in that game). Then you have the fact that many clans have the exact same bonus, which makes no sense since you end up playing one or the other. Either that, or every match is a 50-50 because the meta has gone done the toliet, because as mentioned , the developers suck (they seriously thought raptor bonus was a good idea)

13. DiCEM0nEY

Thats just not true. Almost every top player is playing meta decks consistently You can get to 1600 elo like me playing the same theme, but you will hit a wall. Try playing vampyres to top elo.

Dolcebrodude likes this.
  14. MaruXV

MaruXV Corgi Lord of FW

tiny playing leoss and dwarves at 2200 elo. baller going to 3000+ rank with voil and dwarves. Then of course there are meta bgs, and also theme bgs with some meta. But there a lot of themes (shifting in time based on buffs and nerfs) that work on high rank every time

15. DiCEM0nEY

Meta can also be themes as well. Dwarves would be an example of a meta theme, since they are pretty strong.

Theres also a difference at playing high elo and low/mid elo. People watch ur deck and try to counter it hard core, since there arent alot of players on. Thats why alot of high elo players play late at night, they observe other players, then Q up with their counter decks if they think they can match with a high elo player. Tiny was playing barbarians a few days ago, he obviously switches things quite frequently, but he certainly isnt a "dwarves only" player at high elo. And of course, dwarves are insanely strong, so this isnt the best example.

16. MaruXV

MaruXV Corgi Lord of FW

you're missing the point. meta is not themes. Meta (or good stuff, or junk call it as you want same thing) is putting together good and efficient runes without a common theme. A theme can be IN meta at a right time, but its not whats usually considered a Meta bg. And NO player is playing only one theme. Also, a lot of theme in the hand of the right player can go really high in ranking. Even you said that you beated a lot of big players with skellies. Tiny plays dwarves and barbarians and leoss in last weeks. He played constructs before, and SP/UD beasts before that. A lot of players take a bg and play it as much as they can to get better with it. So yes, he is right saying that a lot of themes are high rank-viable, together with meta and a couple of combo-tricky bgs.