Dunewalker's Fieldguide to Sand

Discussion in 'Sundered Lands' started by fattyy2k, May 6, 2015.

1. MaruXV

MaruXV Corgi Lord of FW

Hi guys, i'm having quite a lot of fun with this bg
    arrakis.png

sandstalker with adaptive and elusive (and rageband) if well protected becomes a monster.
    double manticore for support, can drop to 1
    myx with distract and domain, less dmg but better utility i think.
    imperator with inhib /lightning or full sand. we have quite a lot of alt dmg so i dont think double blast is required. but im noob so maybe it is^^
    snogvie because why not, he is strong.
    a lot of aoe and spells to proc adaptive and spell charge. verdict of derifos is very nice because has low cd and vs bgs that lack cleanse its really annoying. also procs adaptive.
    sand generators because even with seism out there, they are cheap, they create sand, and have low cd . you can drop it again before he gets another seism.
    reforge to cycle the dragonstaff /vs annoying equips/debuff big champs.
    dunemantle is still worth 1 slot i think for on spot mobility/dmg.

average cost is quite low, so its not hard to doubledeploy.

Lushiris likes this.
  2. MaruXV

MaruXV Corgi Lord of FW

UPDATE 1.0

arrakis.png

demonic sandclaw is a cheap stat beast. with domain sand and sandstriker he stands on def3 18dmg for 66nora.
    confirmed the stalkers, need to be built but they win games alone.
    double dunewalker to proc violent on stalker. double manticore for sandstorm and support. (also in the first version i forgot the banner...)
    i think the bg is very solid, has cheap font contesters that get you time to build the stalkers.

3. Anima26

Anima26 I need me some PIE!

The biggest issues i had when i was playing a sand deck, kinda similar to yours but less Draksar, was cleansing aura, physical immunity/resistance and incorporeal runes.

4. MaruXV

MaruXV Corgi Lord of FW

yeah, cleansing aura/purified/hallowed ground is bad. SO playing vs IS is even worst, cause all your spell do less dmg and blinds etc are cleansed. But no bg is good vs everybody.
    Vs ethereal/phisical res you have a bit of alt dmg (fire/acid) plus the skeez who has magic attack and imbue stun that gives also mgc attack. If you think you need more you could go 2x skeez, but i dont think is so needed

5. fattyy2k

fattyy2k I need me some PIE!

So I have been absent from this game do to a mix of work+life emergencies (dad nearly died, wife had miscarriage), so throw guide is pretty out of date now. I likely can't get back to revamp it before the holidays but will make my way back after he client update for sure

MaruXV and SireofSuns like this.
  6. Gnomes

Gnomes Forum Royalty

So how is sand looking? i really like the amount of synergies they have.

7. MaruXV

MaruXV Corgi Lord of FW

i think its in a good spot. its like meta but less skeezicks. really cheap units with great stats when on sand like demonscorpion, late game dmg with sandstalkers, a lot of aoe.

fattyy2k likes this.
  8. fattyy2k

Whenever I play it's still seems good. I haven't been on much as I have been trying to get ready for a big move. Once the client has the big overhaul I will be on more often

9. fattyy2k

This is still 100% accurate. It seems even a subtheme of sand can be splashed for effectiveness

10. Dolcebrodude

Dolcebrodude The King of Potatoes

In my experience 2x Spellsurge Manticore + 2x Sandstorm + 2x Imperator + 1x/2x Locust can make a sand bg outta anything. Most meta bgs stop here but you can definitely go sandier.
    For example @MikeLin runs 2x Sandkip and still calls it meta afaik. Puts up the results too.

More sand-ish runes that I've seen do well in no particular order: Sand Scorpion, Demonic Sandclaw, Myx Slasher (yes all the 6 speed 1 range physical beaters), Skeezick Wylder, Doombringer, Burning Sands.
    Dunewalker's Mantle is more like spot Mobility at this point but with Whorls and Crones and similar stuff it can still be useful.

11. MaruXV

MaruXV Corgi Lord of FW

also, the sand generators arent a bad choice.
    they are cheap, so useful to contest, and come back in like 4-5 turns if destroyed. they hide some of our units, or boost 5+ dmg on spot the sandstrikers. They make a good spot for casting verdict or burning sands (that i dont think should be run 2x).

Gnomes likes this.
  12. MaruXV

MaruXV Corgi Lord of FW

arrakis.png
    running something like this at the moment

Gnomes likes this.
  13. Gnomes

Gnomes Forum Royalty

No sandstalker lords?

14. Dolcebrodude

Dolcebrodude The King of Potatoes

If you feel like you lack tanks, sure. The sandgen is not really necessary.

15. MaruXV

MaruXV Corgi Lord of FW

i find it overprized for what he brings to the board. i dont lack sand, and the demonclaw has better stats for like 15 less nora

Gnomes and Dolcebrodude like this.
  16. DukeofDunks

DukeofDunks I need me some PIE!

[​IMG]

The doombringers are incredible with sand i find, between manticore sandskip and tardigrades youre not hurting for beasts(making violent extremely easy to proc) magic damage is very important and also hard to come by for the bg. At 69 nora they feel pretty disgustingly efficient to say nothing of adaptive in a bg that likes to toss around spells.

Locust is literally gamewinning but vulnerable and specific enough that i think bringing only one is the right choice. Currently using him with hidden sand though i dont think hes getting much use out of being invisible vs having 5 extra damage with sandstriker

Sandstalker lords are my new favorite rune, currently running them with desert camo and theyre one of the most durable runes ive seen thanks to taking 8 reduced damage from range and regening 6 every turn, god forbid a manticores next to him. I know brood lord is basically the same thing but better but i dont quite have the budget for them. That and while hunter small is much better than desert camo they lack regen and regen is half of what makes the lords so disgusting.

Are sandstalkers actually that good? Ive played a little under ten games with this bg and deployed him literally once(purely because i needed a 7 speed to cap a font and i didnt draw a sandskip) Every time i look at him i just see a weaker sandstalker lord. The sandclaws are better damage dealers too. I just dont get it. I know one guy is having success using them in conjunction with adaptive but 80 nora is a lot to ask for a unit you need to invest even more nora into to make good

Currently looking for a rune to remove rageband for, thinking about an imperator but i feel heavy on champions already

17. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

Here's a Broodlord for you. Bid whatever. https://www.poxnora.com/trader/viewtrade.do?id=3876225

18. fattyy2k

I always go back and forth on doomies, but I think they are good additions if anything. I don't like sandstakers and more as other runes fill the role so much better. But they are fun runes none the less. Lords are still frickin amazing

19. MaruXV

MaruXV Corgi Lord of FW

i have opposite opinion. i find lords too expensive and stalkers a lot better with 8 spells to spam

20. fattyy2k

stalkers are just too squishy for me. I like the lords as a main tank of my BG