tortuns

Discussion in 'Split Faction' started by cstocks, Feb 23, 2017.

1. cstocks

cstocks The King of Potatoes

How are Tortuns run nowadays? Which splits

2. OriginalG1

OriginalG1 I need me some PIE!

upload_2017-2-24_9-37-38.png
    defiantly not something i would play on ranked unless it was just for fun. Blue circle dudes i was testing for ap gen with declare target. Ground pounder is really good he should probably be 2x. Portal mage auto 2x, repeater with sentinel auto 2x, fw/fs tourt with long fuse bomb is good, knock back trap dude is good. The other turton hero is the strongest because of his AoE spam, but I like using mangle shell for frightful blows (spot -3damage) and tariff.

3. 5amb0

5amb0 I need me some PIE!

I been running cheap meat tortuns with 2x minelayer 2x hawker 2x groundpounder 2x broadside, and magleshell w/ vindictive and battle leader as my core and its been really solid. Ive had good success in ranked If you got any questions about how i play it etc, ill answer

4. OriginalG1

Is battle leader "getting off" effectively? Is broadside really a 2x? I know he is cheep but ponderous+5 speed+ long cool down for barrage is infuriating to me.

I love tariff and usually use frightful blows defensively. (spot -3 damage when you have a against a fish kisser in their face can be a big deal, and frightful blows protects against melee.)

why was I not using fish kisser in my posted bg, like wtf.

5. OriginalG1

post the bg?

6. 5amb0

5amb0 I need me some PIE!

how do i post pics of my bg?

its
    1 elven page (omg its not full theme! I run her instead of portalmage. I find divine favour more useful in torts bc when you turlte a low hp guy, they usually swat someone else)
    mangleshell
    2x privateer
    2xrisen grenadier
    2x broadside
    1x fishkisser
    2x slamhammer
    2x minelayer
    2x hawker
    1x mortar

spells are w/e but

petrichor
    strategic retreat
    herbal
    inhibit power
    natures wratch
    carn. vines
    erode
    corrde

forglar banner
    land cannon
    land mine

virtue to protect mangleshell from doom.

couple free spots for w/e

So the goal is to toss out your cheap tortuns, us your hawker stratgically to tag their ranged or get minelayers up in their Bane Shift. I like to save mangleshell for midgame, b/c i run him with vindictive (5 ap for 2 attacks 4-6 range) and the battle leader does start to get rolling.

Privateer captains are run with weary, so the opponents lose damage.

carn vines is great with slam for a spot 24 damage if you hit with privateer/ broadside barrage

OriginalG1 likes this.
  7. OriginalG1

Thank you for the feed back 5amb0! Bg looks cool.

If you are on a windows computer search your computer for a program called the snip tool, you can even pin it to your task bar for easy access. To use the snip tool you just crop for the image and then copy and paste. If you do not have the snip tool there is a print screen button that will screen shot of what is your desktop. The print screen button might be shortened to prtsc to fit on the key. It is usually around the the number pad. Once you hit the print screen button it will copy your screen shot to the clip board, then open a photo editing program and crop your image. I have not owned a Mac yet but I am sure they have a snip option or screen shot option. If you do not have photoshop or paint do a google search for free online photoshop, there are browser based photo editing programs that work well enough to copy, paste and crop.